international maritime laws for different countries

Divemaster007

Aug 20, 2012
Hello everyone... First...happy and a healthy new year to all! Ok..ive been reading some treasure hunting bolks and ive comd to realize some differences between maritime law for a specific nation and international maritime law. Is there any way i can get info on what each country's specific laws are and how the whole system of legal recovery is? (specific countries are Spain,Portugal most carribean countries) thanks!!

Batavia

Jul 29, 2006
Paris/Jakarta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A link for you...

Hello everyone... First...happy and a healthy new year to all! Ok..ive been reading some treasure hunting bolks and ive comd to realize some differences between maritime law for a specific nation and international maritime law. Is there any way i can get info on what each country's specific laws are and how the whole system of legal recovery is? (specific countries are Spain,Portugal most carribean countries) thanks!!

Have a look at this address; for a few legislations in the world:

World Rules for Wreck Salvage

Cheers

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like there should be developed a kind of software program, to bring up the answers about what maritime laws apply for any geographical location.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
For general research, no doubt several sites can assist you. However, for operational guidance, I'd rely only on getting the most current information --and from a marine lawyer-- licensed in the targeted country. I'm also open to the idea that notwithstanding the written law, some local administrators may have a different interpretation of keys points; so best to have a conversation with those powers that be, before heading out.
Hardly worth mentioning it's so obvious: get any clarifications in writing.
Don...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread