Woo Hoo!!

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I haven't been on this forum long and excited I JUST found this sub-forum today. While I am an experienced, professional diver I have only been metal detecting a short time. I have never combined the two so I'm sure I can learn a lot here. I have an AT Pro, certainly not suited for dive detecting, and not looking to spring for another detector for a while. In the mean time I guess I'll lurk and learn until I get a suitable detector. Looks like there are a couple experienced SCUBA folks here but if I can help with SCUBA questions I would be happy to share what I know.

I spoke a little to CASPER and he has already given me some leads on good detectors. Hard to believe some reasonably priced ones are rated to 250'.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello wvplug. The best UW detectors are the Minelab Excalibur (for VLF) and the Aquapulse (for pulse induction). It's easy to make a housing that will withstand 250' deep. You get what you pay for.

OP
OP
wvplug

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Salvor. Yeah I have played with DIY housings, too bad I am only good to about 130'. :laughing7:

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
:)
At 250' most divers won't be able to tell if they are waving a metal detector, a summer sausage or a magic wand. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread