Is this a good price for BCD / Regulator?

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's a great deal! I worked for a Zeagle dealer and the Ranger is their top of the line. They retail for over $650.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks, the Craigslist seller flaked out on me big time (such is the case with many CL deals). In any case I have narrowed my search a little. I want either the Zeagle Ranger or the Scubapro Knighthawk. I want a decent regulator too, and I found someone with a Scubapro MK25/S600 setup……hopefully this week I will pull something together.

I have my first boat dive this weekend, really looking forward to it. Then I need to find a diving buddy or buddies so I can get out there and have fun.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's a great deal! I worked for a Zeagle dealer and the Ranger is their top of the line. They retail for over $650.
I agree with S6 good price

Always get a "new to you" reg serviced before you use it though regardless of what's claimed unless there is a certificate or service invoice that comes with it when you eventually find one you like.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I ended checking out some used gear. It was a mess, some of the people on Craigslist were total flakes and just really didn't want to sell their gear, and others had some gear in poor shape and wanted a premium. So I just bit the bullet, and bought new.

I decided on Scubapro Knighthawk, which fit me very well. I got the Scubapro MK25/S600 setup, with a nice Scubapro Mako SPG with FS-2 compass.

So I have spent a real chunk of change "getting started", and other than my BCD/regulator, most of my stuff is probably just average. But its new, and so likely safe, and I am glad I don't have to worry about that. i am looking forward to getting some experience, and hopefully one day diving with a metal detector. In the meantime I plan to do some snorkeling with a detector. I still don't own a dedicated water machine, but can use my AT Pro for some light duty work when snorkeling.

Got my final Open Water dive Sunday, its a boat dive (2 of them). Really looking forward to that. I want to use my new gear instead of using the shops rental gear. I want to do that so I can get comfortable with it since its what I will be diving with, and this way if I do run into any learning problems I am there in class with the dive masters/instructors. i did not buy my gear from the same dive shop i am learning from, just because they don't happen to be a scuba pro dealer and I ended up really liking the Scubapro stuff. I hope they don't mind me using my gear, its brand new, so all checked out. Not sure if that overcomplicates things for them……..I did spend about $700 at their shop (basically buying just about everything but my BCD/Reg/SPG).

Can't wait to find some dive buddies and get some dives in, so far its been an awesome experience.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Great news on the gear, dives and your quest for experience, in my not so humble opinion 😊 you are REALLY on track for a great diving career. If the shop don't welcome your new gear with open arms they are lunatics? Any dive completed with the gear you are going to "always" use is of extreme benefit in gaining useful experience, good for you.
Keep in touch and if you ever Bahamas bound, let me know, I'll gladly dive with you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions