Costa Concordia - Detailed pics / diagrams of salvage.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you do realize this is 3 years old?

Um... yes... heh
AND...
So is half the stuff I post.

Just thought someone might enjoy.

Was not like it was "breaking news"... anyone who follows these things knows this/that. :P

Some may have not seen the detail... I personally have never been to this exact page... have / had you ?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen all pics and timelaps videos back when it happened. I followed the link becuase I thought there might have been new information. Nope, just a 3 year old article with the same 3 pics posted 50 times.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen all pics and timelaps videos back when it happened. I followed the link becuase I thought there might have been new information. Nope, just a 3 year old article with the same 3 pics posted 50 times.

3 pics ?

More like 40

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the same few pics repeated over and over and over just with different levels of magnification.

Sorta like those naked pictures you took of yourself :P

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh... no response...
Hmmm... I was just kidding around... but now I am beginning to wonder :P :)

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
We where called in on this one to assist with missing people within the first couple months. Found in the first 6 days 22 people, Italian authorities where very angry about this, I just told them what did they expect people to do, not go home.

Then we where asked to look into a German couple who had claimed to have lost over 2 million Euro due to the sink and the man also claimed that he lost his arm. Yeah, lost his arm and drove back to Germany to have a German doctor look at it. Turns out the couple was on welfare and got their tickets Last Minute for like 200 Euro, the man lost his arm many years before but some how got a doctor to confirm the loss due to the sinking. Then from their jail cell they both tried to file a law suit for 11 million Euro.

Then there was a heavy dive team that is known for their theft and employing some rather unconventional tactics to rob. Well know group of course, however our agency had been tracking them for about 7 months and could account for them. Turns out some workers just robbed the show cases.

Naturally the entire time it was all the Americans fault in Europe because some US company owned a company that owned a company that owned a company who leased out cheap cruises to that company and it was some how that US firms fault that the Captain got a BJ to take her of course so she could wave to her family.

The pictures do it no real justice, the first time I went there and saw this I was shocked to see such a massive vessel only a stones throw from the shore.

Took two years just to weed through all the fraud involved with this. They had tourist hot spots wanting millions in compensation due to a lack of tourism, however their annual bring home increased by 200% on average because of all the people who wanted to see it and also the workers staying there. Naturally every fisherman in the area claimed that was their hot fishing grounds and they needed a few hundred thousand to just get by for the year; most of these where fisherman who had no boat or commercial fishing permit.

A total of 294 HAZMAT companies sent in bills to the corporation claiming that they had been contracted to clean up, 293 of these companies had started up right after the crash and where nothing more than a 25 Euro registered company, with 211 of them as mail in applications from outside of Italy.

It was a mess in so many ways it was not even funny, you expect a certain level of fraud to come out but man this really brought it all out.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are nuts.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um... yes... heh
AND...
So is half the stuff I post.

Just thought someone might enjoy.

Was not like it was "breaking news"... anyone who follows these things knows this/that. :P

Some may have not seen the detail... I personally have never been to this exact page... have / had you ?

First time I have seen it, AARC....thanks for posting it!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread