Gold Bar

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold bar in the comfort of my living room. While watching a documentary about octopuses they showed a diver looking for a octopus and apparently missing the bar. If you notice from the picture, you'll see the diver shining the light at the corrals and not even looking st the bar. I know it's not a today's finds traditional post, but worthy!

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 649

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that looks like a gold bar to me too.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - how could he miss that thing? Must have really been interested in that octopus!

OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just cause I know someone will ask later!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R3jmCEbGa3M
there is the link, go to 11:50. If the link doesn't work look up "AMChannel octopus documentary". Location of alleged gold bar is Victoria BC area known as Wayne something... watch the video for further clues. You can get further information if you search the boat name in the video. You stike it rich, feel free to shoot me a thanks! Happy Treasure hunting, the journey is worth more than the results.

OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smells a little fishy to me,,
if I was "against the wind" it might smell fishy to me too, but I'm going to stay true to my name.

but nothing fishy here on my behalf... just thought I should share, it might not be a gold bar, but sure looks like it!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't think he meant to imply your story was fishy. Maybe the producers tossed it in for drama? No clue but how could a diver miss that, even if looking for octopus?

OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think he meant to imply your story was fishy. Maybe the producers tossed it in for drama? No clue but how could a diver miss that, even if looking for octopus?
I would assume due to all the crap he has on, not to mention he's focused on the coral. I don't dive but I assume your peripheral vision is reduced with googles... not to mention cameras are meant to draw light,enhance picture quality... IDK. What I do know is I see a straight shine object in a familiar shape. I wouldn't have the slightest clue what type of potential for sunken ships/treasure the Victoria BC area would have. I had to pause and replay the video several times because I couldn't believe my eyes.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How very interesting, find the exact location of filming and get some diving gear... only be careful - the gold may be cursed by the octopus who may actually be Davy Jones in disguise who lures humans to their watery graves with the temptation of stealing his treasure. :icon_pirat::skullflag:

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is this near Oak Island?

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he pretended not to see it and got it when nobody was looking. I know I wouldn't tell anyone. I noticed in the video how they immediately cut away, cameraman probably snagged it.:headbang:

Last edited:

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is the find you never want to post if you are lucky enough to find one. You would have so many claims on it overnight that you would spend more on lawyers than its worth! You wouldn't get any justice either. International courts have awarded gold to Spain that they looted from the Americas after treasure hunters spent many thousands of dollars and years to recover.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could just be an octopus illusion. Hee hee.

OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is the find you never want to post if you are lucky enough to find one. You would have so many claims on it overnight that you would spend more on lawyers than its worth! You wouldn't get any justice either. International courts have awarded gold to Spain that they looted from the Americas after treasure hunters spent many thousands of dollars and years to recover.
Shared the info with a local diver who from the area and might be able to pinpoint the location. He pointed out that there might be a coin shinning right above the "gold bar".

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, it looks like it was filmed in an aquarium. I worked as a Marine Biologist for years, and know personally that many of the more dramatic scenes are filmed in aquariums, then tied in with wild footage. Look at that perfectly formed hole for an octopus habitat. In fact the whole scene in the picture doesn't look natural.

That's just my opinion, and my wife says I'm wrong quite often.

Cheers

OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, it looks like it was filmed in an aquarium. I worked as a Marine Biologist for years, and know personally that many of the more dramatic scenes are filmed in aquariums, then tied in with wild footage. Look at that perfectly formed hole for an octopus habitat. In fact the whole scene in the picture doesn't look natural.

That's just my opinion, and my wife says I'm wrong quite often.

Cheers
That's a theory, here is my theory. IMG_0305.PNG They filmed locally as stated on their Facebook page...and the diver missed it because the pressure to find an octopus had him having tunnel vision. Apparently they were seeking an octopus egg nest...according to the Facebook post.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Today's Find's Forum is forum for finds TreasureNet members actually make.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions