Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have 3 Zeagles that I bought 20 years ago. I worked for my local dive shop as a equipment repair tech and they sent me to the Zeagle factory to take the equip. repair seminar. You should modernize your reg. The Cyklon first came out in 1958. Their new Xstream blows the Cyklon away!

OP
OP
Boatlode

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have 3 Zeagles that I bought 20 years ago. I worked for my local dive shop as a equipment repair tech and they sent me to the Zeagle factory to take the equip. repair seminar. You should modernize your reg. The Cyklon first came out in 1958. Their new Xstream blows the Cyklon away!

You are correct. And the basic Poseidon design has not changed since then. I call that awesome engineering.

The guy in Key Largo who services my regulator told me a lot of guys replace the new Poseidon 2nd stages with the old ones (if they can find one) because the new ones have more plastic and the old ones like mine are all metal. I'll stick with my old one.

Denniss

Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a couple of Scubapro MK10 with g250 second stages, I've had them forever

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apeks XTX200 with an Egress octo

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Denniss I also have a MK 10 with the G250. I own several Scubapro regs. I took my first equipment repair seminar in 1986 from Pete Wolfinger, the guy that designed the MK 2.

Geobound the Apeks is the forerunner of Zeagle. They have a similar design. Apeks was bought by Aqua Lung (former US Divers) in 1997.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salvor 6; I used an old Scubapro that I purchased at a fire sale , literally, I've overhauled it several times, old steel tanques at the same time, tanque filler compressors from a B-29 hydraulic system and air filters also, the comb gave me many years of satisfied service.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
27034980853_db7cbaaf2f_z.jpg

diveplam

Dec 21, 2021
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse AQ1B, Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been a professional diver for 26 years and my first and last regulator remains the Poseidon Jetstream. This regulator is foolproof like a Kalashnikov assault rifle and will never let you down.

Reactions: DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a professional diver for 26 years and my first and last regulator remains the Poseidon Jetstream. This regulator is foolproof like a Kalashnikov assault rifle and will never let you down.
How does it handle ice water?

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Apex XTX 50 - rugged, dependable, great in cold water.

diveplam

Dec 21, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
How does it handle ice water?
US Navy to Use Only Poseidon Regulators for Cold Water Diving

Poseidon Xstream regulator: After careful evaluation of performance standards of various regulators used by the US Navy, it has been determined that the only regulators that are approved for use by the US Navy for cold water and deep diving are the Poseidon Xstream and Cyklon regulators. Poseidon regulators are being deployed at US Navy bases worldwide and Poseidon is supporting this with a comprehensive training and support program.

NEDU tested the breathing effort and susceptibility to freeze-up of the Poseidon Odin Jetstream SCUBA regulator. The regulator was tested in 28 deg F -2 deg C salt water, at depths to 198 fsw 60.7 msw . Five samples of the model were tested. The probability of regulator failure was computed from the number of cold induced incidents, and the time to failure for each incident. Under these rigorous conditions, the probability of failure for the Poseidon Odin was very low Pf 0.074. There were also no high breathing pressure incidents during the resistive effort measurements with a 1500 psi supply pressure, even at RMVs up to 90 Lmin. The Poseidon Odin is recommended for use in sea water at 28 deg F and depths to 190 fsw.

Last edited:

diveplam

Dec 21, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

TwistedElvis

Aug 4, 2014
Sunny San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minilab CTX 3030 / Excalibur II 1000 / Tesoro Sand Shark / Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been a regulator repair tech for over 30 years and I dive a Poseidon Xstream regulator.

diveplam

Dec 21, 2021
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been a regulator repair tech for over 30 years and I dive a Poseidon Xstream regulator.
Amazing regulator. Improved version of Jetstream

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions