minelab detector and Brownies third lung

upfishdecoys

Feb 14, 2008
minelab detector and Brownie's third lung

I'm new to this site, my first post. I'm from the UP of Michigan. I have been detecting for many years with an old Whites detector. After many years of wanting one, last year I purchased a minelab excal. 1000 for diving in deeper water at beaches. I'm getting to old to snorkel down and try to uncover items in 8'+ water. Several years ago, I watched a guy with a whites detector and a long shaft, detect in 5' of water and scored many rings, etc. He was pulling an inner tube with him. I talked with him later and he showed me several photos of the rings, etc. he found in the deeper water at beaches. That's why I always wanted to purchase a Hookah. I finally purchased a Brownie's third lung recently, and can't wait to use it, that is until the 24" of ice leaves the waters up here.
My question is: Has anyone used the Excalibur and the Brownie's third lung together? Will I get any interference on my Minelab, etc. from the Brownie's? Any negatives, positives, helpful tips, etc. would be appreciated. I don't plan on doing any deep diving with this system, just deeper water at the old beaches. thanks, upfishdecoys

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: minelab detector and Brownie's third lung

I have a Brownies and love it. I only use PI detectors and dont get any interferance. They get interferance from cell phones and other PI detectors, but with an Excal you probably dont have that. It would if you were 5'-6' away though with a PI, since PIs are so powerful and would pick up the metal in the hookah, but you shouldnt have that problem with your Excal. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions