Hooka float ?

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a Big truck inner tube or if you want something fancy and colorful buy one of those tubes they pull behind a boat.they already have plenty of handles on them to tie stuff too.plus when you arent diving,your kids can have fun with it.just dont buy the one that looks like shamu,its not stable enough for a pump.but thats your choice if you want to have a real looking killer whale following you around while you dive.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Get a Big truck inner tube or if you want something fancy and colorful buy one of those tubes they pull behind a boat.they already have plenty of handles on them to tie stuff too.plus when you arent diving,your kids can have fun with it.just dont buy the one that looks like shamu,its not stable enough for a pump.but thats your choice if you want to have a real looking killer whale following you around while you dive.

Thanks for the reply Fisheye,I got myself a truck innertube and gunna rig that up,but I'm realy likin the shamu idea ! ;D :D

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
FISHEYE said:

Fisheye has the right idea for sure! When my friend's Brownie Hookah float tube dry-rotted, he went to Walmart and bought a $50 "skiing tube". Truck tubes are getting harder to find, in my area at least.

Pcola

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
How about those large sized swim noodles? I've seen many sifters made with them, what do you guys think? They wouldn't deflate or rot out.

mr007s

Sep 8, 2007
Where the pavement ends in NC
finderzzs said:
How about those large sized swim noodles? I've seen many sifters made with them, what do you guys think? They wouldn't deflate or rot out.

I had considered that but my battery alone weighs 70 lbs. Add the compressor, switch,and accumulator tank and things get on up towards 100 lbs. I don't want to risk my air supplier going under while I'm breathing from it.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
mr007s said:
finderzzs said:

I had considered that but my battery alone weighs 70 lbs. Add the compressor, switch,and accumulator tank and things get on up towards 100 lbs. I don't want to risk my air supplier going under while I'm breathing from it.
Very good point, well if you use enough of them, you could shape them into a boat :laughing7:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this float.even has places for your beer.Just put your compressor and batteries in the cooler.

http://www.toysplash.com/Product/StowablePoolCoolerFloat

They have the shamu and even a shark float.with the shark float from a long distance away.i dont think anyone is going to come out and bother you.

Attachments

• beercoolerfloat.jpg
    beercoolerfloat.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 547
OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D :D ;D Thank's for the replies y'all,I'm likein the shark idea ! Been thinkin it over and I think I'm going to rig it to carry in my Kayak to hunt along the rivers for now. :thumbsup:

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
kieser sousa said:
;D :D ;D Thank's for the replies y'all,I'm likein the shark idea ! Been thinkin it over and I think I'm going to rig it to carry in my Kayak to hunt along the rivers for now. :thumbsup:

The ski tube idea is a good one, Very heavy and durable. Most of them have a cloth cover as well with tons of handles.

I made a small "Kayak Trailer" once that I used to drag behind my yak. It worked out well as long as it stays directly behind you and not on the wrong side of a tree or object! ;D

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaw said:
kieser sousa said:

The ski tube idea is a good one, Very heavy and durable. Most of them have a cloth cover as well with tons of handles.

I made a small "Kayak Trailer" once that I used to drag behind my yak. It worked out well as long as it stays directly behind you and not on the wrong side of a tree or object! ;D

Thanks Shaw,The trailer idea is something I might try.What did you use to mount the compresser and battery to ? I was thinking mabey I could use one of thouse kids round "flying sauser" snow slide's.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Check this out, I just ordered one of these, should work nicely.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170228934976&_trksid=p2761.l1259

Thanks,That does look like it would work well.I just got a truck tube from a friend and my brother gave me one of the "flying saucer" sleds.The sled fit's perfect in the center of the tube.Now I'm going to add a small box to hold the battery and mount the compressor right to the sled and add a few other things and I'll be set.

Attachments

• Mvc-008f.jpg
    Mvc-008f.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 510

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
I think to be safer though, you want it set inside the tube. Otherwise it'll become to top heavy. I was thinking wal-mart or k-mart sells all kind of rubber maid tubs that could fit down in the center. With the heavy battery further down it wont be able to tip over.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Finderzzs,I like your idea of the tub.The sled I have now actually sits lower than it looks in the picture and I think it would be fine in the river here but not so good in more open water.I'm thinking I'll look around some and see what else I can come up with.I'm thinking that mabey I could get something that would completly enclose the compresser and battery. Thanks for the help ya got me thinkin ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bikerlawyer said:
You can't totally enclose the compressor cause then you won't have any air to pump!

Hi BL,I planned on adding an extension to the intake line.I still dont know if it's a good idea though as I'm thinking the compresser may get to hot.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Get you a piece of 3/4 treated plywood,and cut it round just like the large truck tube.Drill you some holes around the outter edge of the plywood and place it on the bottom of the tube, strap tight with plastic zip ties... I have seen locals all the time with batteries and junk in them for giging flounders at night.They have 2 and 3 car/ batteries/ lights/fish ,all sorts of items in them sometimes.. Goodluck

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RELICDUDE07 said:
Get you a piece of 3/4 treated plywood,and cut it round just like the large truck tube.Drill you some holes around the outter edge of the plywood and place it on the bottom of the tube, strap tight with plastic zip ties... I have seen locals all the time with batteries and junk in them for giging flounders at night.They have 2 and 3 car/ batteries/ lights/fish ,all sorts of items in them sometimes.. Goodluck

Thanks dude,thats something to think about. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions