Hooka Air Hoses?

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
go to a auto body store the have air hoses there air compressor have high out put so the hose have to be strong

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
JOHN_DOE said:
olepossum said:
go to a auto body store the have air hoses there air compressor have high out put so the hose have to be strong

If you think hookas are high pressure you'r way wrong. Hookas are LOW PRESSURE.

Right O,

I am talking about real Hooka air lines, I am only 30 and probably have lung issues already (Coatings Inspector)

I have read some bad things about the interior lining and materials the regular air lines are made of.

Thanks

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Shaw,there is a post about 23 down discussing this.Some just use the pvc type hose for
air tools.The one you don't want is the rubber interior.No good.Otherwise go to your
local ice machine/soda fountain repair and sales,and get food grade hose. But a lot of
the guys use the bright colored pvc hose,with the adapters from the dive shop or
Keenes for the tank and regulator,and say it works fine.I have that set-up,but haven't
had a chance to use it yet.Good luck on the venture.HH Joe

OP
OP
Shaw

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Thanks for the info Joe, did a search and must have passed over it.

DandyDon

Sep 22, 2005
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,

Another web site is Airline by Jsink -> http://www.airlinebyjsink.com/scubagear.html they sell what your looking for
and you can buy just the hose or with the second stage.

They can also be ordered in three lengths and three variations.

As hose only (TR40, 60 or 100), it will come with the main hose and 2nd stage whip hose.

Remove your 2nd stage body and attach to our whip. Tow belt included.

** It is The Air Line's recommendation that you incorporate a dedicated second stage regulator to your TR hose (Indicated as TR-2).

TR40 Tank Regulator Hose
Price: $101.00

TR60 Tank Regulator Hose
Price: $126.00

TR100 Tank Regulator Hose
Price: $176.00

VR,

Don

scubamike

Sep 1, 2008
Spring/The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter/Garrett GTI 2500
I know a scuba store that sells 30 feet of hi pressure breathing hose for $99. I may be able to get a better deal for you. PM me if you are interested. I'll be at their place mid next week.

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please don't let anyone persuade you to use anything other than official/certified hose for diving and breathing. I have a JSink hookah and it's a quality unit with high grade components. You've got it right when you say you're young and don't want COPD by the time your are 31 because you saved a few bucks on hose...Jim

Photoflash

Sep 2, 2007
Little Canada, MN
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher Pulse 8/Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Check with Keene Engineering in California. They sell lengths of SCUBA hose and the price is reasonable. Also, they have the fittings you will need to attach the hose to the regulator; i.e., a step down. All brass fittings.

Photoflash

Sep 2, 2007
Little Canada, MN
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher Pulse 8/Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Photoflash said:
Check with Keene Engineering in California. They sell lengths of SCUBA hose and the price is reasonable. Also, they have the fittings you will need to attach the hose to the regulator; i.e., a step down. All brass fittings.

I was also going to suggest Keene. They were very helpful, and the 30' hose and fittings were really reasonable. Good people to deal with in my estimation.

I just hooked up to my tank regulator, with the hose, and hooked an octopus regulator on the other end. Works fine in shallow (under 25') water.

seadoodiver

Apr 23, 2010
Fort Myers Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Food grade air hoses. I have used them for years. Usually they are clear with with thread in the hose. They work great. Usually I ran a tank of air threw them and then start using. They are alot cheaper and last a long time, as long as you dont drag them across bridge piles covered with oysters ( i found out the hard way)

Jeff
Cape Coral FL

clipper 232

Dec 3, 2010
Re: Hooka Dive Systems and Air Hoses?

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENNED TO ME !!

I recently purchased a Petrol Hookah Dive System from
David Portelli trading as Dive Systems Australia (Agent for Hookahmax )

WHAT A MISTAKE !!

I searched the web looking for a suitable Dive / Hookah system.
I decided to purchase one from
David Portelli of Dive Systems Australia.
Check out my web page dive systems owners forum . info

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Forget the hose... I want to see your DIY setup! :headbang:

CaptainJimMims

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2010
Upper Caribbean Sea
Detector(s) used
Aqua Scan
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
All FDA approved fiber reinforced clear type hoses with a 300 psi rating or better, in 1/4" or 3/8" will do fine.
They come with brass 1/4"npt fittings and will be longer than the length you seek.
Clean the hose of debris and dust by flushing it with a 1/2 gallon of warm water and
a 1/2 teaspoon of Simple Green. blow it all out til dry with your hookah b4 installing a second stage.
For industrial fitting changes, I use a local hydraulic hose and fitting supplier.
The Airline products are also a good choice.
Consider adding in a strength member to make your hose more of an umbilical in the event you need to climb out
using it on a slippery bank some day. I tape mine every 18" with 2" wide HD vinyl tape...a choice of colors here as well.
By adding in a second air line, sort of like a comm divers pnumo line, only with a ss ball valve on the diver end,
You have a ready to go air source to be utilized as a back up or to fill lift bags, etc.
Beware...just crack the valve on it, don't go wide open or u will notice it gets harder to inhale as the pressure drops in the
supply line. It's not an issue when using the 185 CFM compressors at 125psi. LOL

Au tater

Mar 18, 2011
Boise Idaho
Detector(s) used
tesoro
I agree that you want to use hose that is approved for hookah use, as a gold dredger I have seen folks that have tried to use others and it was not good,you want to get this right the first time!! keene eng.com will put you in what you want.Take a look at the low pressure reserve tank too.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a long time diver with scuba and hookah I highly recommend the the hoses from Kneene Eng. or Airline, J-Sink people. Anything less your life is in danger to save a buck.

B.C. Hunter

Greenie
Nov 22, 2005
Vancouver Island
Spend the money and do it right, a proper airline (will still give you air even when someone wraps it up in a propeller shaft) with strength member, (should be able to drag you and all your equip to safety)
and one way check valve (so your lungs stay inside your chest)
These are bare minimum (and really not that expensive)
The strength member alone has saved me and my buddies several times over the yrs,
and so far only once have we used it to recover a buddies body (but even then it made the job easier)
any dive shop will look over your gear and point out any possible short falls

Do it right the first time... your brain takes a couple minutes to die when drowning, do you really want to spend them thinking "maybe that hose wasn't such a good deal after all"?

That being said... be safe and have fun

Kozygold77

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello with the gast 263 compressors Some people recommend high temp braided metal whip hose going to res tank what would you recommend

I am up here in alaska so shipping is crazy

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kozy I had the same problem with my Gast. The plastic hose would get hot and melt and fall off. I switched to copper tubing and directed it to a holding tank. Problem solved!

DCP01579.JPG

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I went to a hydraulic hose place and had them make me a 15’ steam hose. The air coming out is very hot and pretty good pressure. Made for 300 psi and 350 degree F heat. I run that from the compressor, to the air hose manifold. The steam hose goes in the water to cool down along with the air hoses. No problems. The air tank is for pump pressure pulsation. It takes that out. Not for reserve air. Maybe a breath.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread