SUBMERGED BOAT PART ......MECHANICAL PART??.....BOX??

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
..................While doing some shallow river hunting, I found an large object about a foot under the silt of the river!! It is large enough that i can stand on top of it completely and I'm a big guy!! Roughly it is at least 15 inches by 24 inches!! Dug all around it at least 2 foot or so and it still will not bulge, it is rectangular in shape! I hit it hard with a good size shovel and it has a ringing type sound and could not punch thru the metal!! The river is dark and muddy color so I cannot see the object, diving down I can feel what seems to be gaskets every 4 inches or so! Managed to tear off part of one of these gaskets and it is black and looks like old rubber and has a gasoline or fuel type smell. Thought about using a winch to yank it out of the river but the closest thing to tie it to is at least 50 feet away...........also this part of the river is starting to have houses built in the vicinity and I'm concerned about being noticed!!.............Any Comments or advise would be appreciated!!.................. Thanks...........Joe

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Joe(TX) said:
..................While doing some shallow river hunting, I found an large object about a foot under the silt of the river!! It is large enough that i can stand on top of it completely and I'm a big guy!! Roughly it is at least 15 inches by 24 inches!! Dug all around it at least 2 foot or so and it still will not bulge, it is rectangular in shape! I hit it hard with a good size shovel and it has a ringing type sound and could not punch thru the metal!! The river is dark and muddy color so I cannot see the object, diving down I can feel what seems to be gaskets every 4 inches or so! Managed to tear off part of one of these gaskets and it is black and looks like old rubber and has a gasoline or fuel type smell. Thought about using a winch to yank it out of the river but the closest thing to tie it to is at least 50 feet away...........also this part of the river is starting to have houses built in the vicinity and I'm concerned about being noticed!!.............Any Comments or advise would be appreciated!!.................. Thanks...........Joe

You may have already thought of this, but it almost sounds like you may have found an old inline engine block? Just something to consider.

Pcola

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Get a good quality poly bag big enought t cover the object, fill it with clean fresh water, take it down and cover the object, place your camera on the other side of the bag, press it all down hard and take a few pics, they will not be great but you will see them try a few different ways and shots, I've done it many times it works.
make sure you have enough distance between the camera and the object.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread