Swallowed a round ball!

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While at work my girlfriend calls me to tell me my 18 month old daughter choked and swallowed something. So I begin freaking out and ask her what it was. My girlfriend goes on to tell me she was on our picnic table when it happened. I instantly told her it was either a penny or a .50 cal round ball that I had found a few days prior. She goes on to tell me she cant find the ball or penny. I grab my pin pointer out of my truck and drive my cruiser to my house. When I checked her belly sure enough the Garret Pro Pointer located something metal in her little belly. So I have to go back to work and try to find someone to cover my sift. Meanwhile my girlfriend starts packing for the emergency room. When she gets there she tells the receptionist what happened. Everyone in the ER treats the situation like it's never happened before. Apparently no one has ever swallowed a .50 cal round ball. So the x-ray revealed a perfect round white ball in her little tummy. So she was referred to a bigger Hospital 2 hours away and now here we are setting in a room waiting for her to poop it out. I've tried to attach the Pro Pointer video. I'll attach x ray pics when I get home and also pics of the recovered ball. So lessons learned. Put your finds up away from small children. Watch your children. And teach your children not to put .50 cal round balls in their mouths.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Thank goodness she is ok. My goodness - what a story to tell at Thanksgiving!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being lead I feared, and Am surprised, they didn't make a Bigger deal out of it.
cool she is ok. Kids are Resilient :thumbsup:

did they give you your round ball back for the showcase.
for when she is old enough to start dating,
and bringing the boys home ?

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is definitely one to hang onto to show at family gathering for centuries to come. Glad she is fine and you recovered your bounty.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
This should be a banner. That is great. Just hope the liberals do not find out about it or MDing and Guns will be on the chopping block.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread