Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AATXAJxRtb_GOUnCaSTRvANlU553uFQU09_3cJXn0DEcWw=s176-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo
Exploring Abandoned Mines and Unusual Places

(Part 1) The Deadliest Death Trap I've Ever Been In (An Abandoned Mine Adventure)

We explored a real death trap! That's the only way to describe this part of an abandoned mine that I found myself crawling through with Tom and Julie. After skillfully locating and digging out a completely buried, unknown portal to this frequently visited talc mine, we entered and found ourselves exploring a totally cut-off area of the mine that NOBODY had seen in ages. We carefully explored and documented the pristine drifts and tunnels while navigating under, over, and through extremely dangerous collapses and near-collapses that were pressing in all around us. In some areas, we actually had to crawl on our hands and knees through partially caved-in tunnels that were barely passable! The danger and effort were worth it, though, because we found a trove of artifacts in this part of the mine including several intact glass bottles, an old gas mask, tobacco tins, and lots of awesome miners' graffiti from long ago.

(Part 2) The Deadliest Death Trap I've Ever Been In (An Abandoned Mine Adventure)

The underground insanity continues! In Part 2, we continue exploring this dangerous abandoned mine where the underground conditions continually get worse the farther we go. We navigate past several dangerous collapses and eventually reach a main inclined shaft that leads down to lower levels in the talc mine. Further beyond the inclined shaft Tom attempts to dig out a partial collapse beyond which we can see the tunnel continuing unobstructed.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of water is a good idea, BUT an even better idea is............ STAY THE HELL OUT......................

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love all those spears above :laughing7:

Would be a Heck of a splinter to Pull Out :coffee2:

sort of like a funhouse :tongue3:

000funhouse.jpg

odds of them dropping as i walk through ?
Depends On if I Test the Beams.
of shake them :tongue3:
Would I risk it ?
Not 100% sure, But I doubt it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread