Hi, Noobie Trying to Identify a Doll

FreddyTeller

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I posted about this doll in the 'What Is It?' area but then I found this specific doll area.

It's a doll with the letters "A S" on the back of the head or neck. Here's what I posted:

Pardon the noob. I hope this is the right place to ask. I have a doll from my elderly mother who doesn't remember too much very well anymore, and I'm trying to identify it.

It has the Initials "A S" on the back of the head or neck. I've been trying to identify it, but I know nothing about this subject... I could help you brew a nice batch of hard cider :occasion14: but I'm getting lost in a sea of information about dolls.

It's extremely life-like... creepily so LOL! It's something like Bisque, or Composition or Hard Plastic, but it's hard for me to tell them apart when I don't know anything. I was looking for the initials and found a few "A S" possibilities:

American Stuffed (Novelty Co)
Aux Enfant Sages
Abraham and Straus
Au Bebe Rose
Arrow Skookum (could be an Indian maybe)​

so that's it... Just hoping someone can help me identify this doll.

Thanks for the help

Freddy

IMG_20180306_112207.jpg
IMG_20180306_112136.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FreddyTeller

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay... Does anybody have a suggestion about how I could identify this doll? I've done a lot of looking online and I've yet to find a clear reference for what the initials "A S" are for, whether a company or a designer... any suggestions as to how to proceed? Is there a resource that maybe I'm not aware of?

thanks

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no markings any where

Top Member Reactions