New guy with a question about dolls...

j_story101

Dec 24, 2018
Sumter, SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the forum but i will do my best with using proper grammar. So when my sister was young and i was just born our parents had two porcelain headed dolls made for us. So years go by and our mother passed away back in 2005 and that's where the mystery started. Our grandmother had informed us that when the dolls were made for my sister and myself, our mom had notes written and placed into the heads of each doll. They are both in my sister possession and i am waiting on her response back for pictures and any information she might be able to tell me about them. She has tried looking for places to have them disassembled but hasn't had much luck. And its a given that we don't want to shatter the heads of the dolls since they hold sentimental value to us.

My questions are, has anyone ever heard of this being done, any idea if it is possible to obtain the contents without destroying the head of the doll and if anybody has any suggestions as to where to take the doll to have the notes removed if possible?

We are both in South Carolina but different ends of the state but I'm sure we are both willing to travel a couple hours to see what our mom wrote for us about 30 years ago.

TIA

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hope you can get some suggestions !!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet also Tommy

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would google doll hospital in your local towns - those folks are good with how dolls are put togather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread