Why?

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
I don't think, I know. Was here and there a couple to a few years ago and as a newbie to dowsing I had no problem with success but the more I read the less I was able to have success. Don't quite know why but anyway, it works. I plan on trying again soon but will likely not do too much if any reading up on the subject and just go with what I know and work on that.

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Just remembered something today. My very first experience with dowsing came about when I was very young and wanted a metal detector. This was about 33 years ago. My folks were poor, well we got by but there was no money for things like that. Dad bent some brass rods and stuck them into miller pony beer bottles, showed me how to hold them and so on. Said when the rods crossed there would be something buried where the X was directly below. Had a friend with me as we went to the football field. Sure enough, the rods crossed behind the bleachers. My buddy and me started digging and about five or six inches my buddy dug a $0.50 cent silver half out of the side of the hole and wouldn't give it to me and I chased him all the way to his house. People started making fun of my homemade treasure finder so I was embarrassed by it and stopped using it.

I also now remember events of a few years ago better because of this. I told too many people right away of my activities and how I was finding stuff which led to many skeptical remarks and actually started to believe what people were saying more than my successes. Also had to put up with a barage of religion and even ended up shunning some folks from this forum who were trying to help me. Sorry about that Dell!

This time I'm going solo. I don't care any more what people think or say but I'm not going to invite any negativity along or even read anything negative. Hey, it just doesn't matter if they can't tell you a better way and usually they are no better off with their high dollar conventional machines. Nothing against conventional machines either. I used metal detectors in conjunction with what dowsing I did for a time and I think it works fine to compliment each other. Will also try to not get cocky as before with new found success. Yep I found stuff and bragged about it, only to invite more skeptical remarks. I see now why most dowsers don't tell or show. Doesn't matter if they was standing right there watching. It always seems to turn into something, some kind of trick, cheat on your part of of the devil. After participating in church activities as a minister and other religious duties I think I can honestly say there is much more evil within the churches than there is in some people learning to locate treasures with metal rods in their hands given that I believe it has nothing to do with spirituality or spirits of any sort. Oh well, I didn't mean to get off on that tangent. I'm back and ready to get back to finding treasures!

Edited to add...I must confess I did glance into the skeptics forum just for a bit and watched a video of a fella who dropped a coin out of his hand into a pile of dirt. It's sad he had or felt the need to resort to such a tactic. I suppose there are scammers in every sort of situation but it does not shine a very positive light on real success. Oh well.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
ArkieGold said:
Just remembered something today. My very first experience with dowsing came about when I was very young and wanted a metal detector. This was about 33 years ago. My folks were poor, well we got by but there was no money for things like that. Dad bent some brass rods and stuck them into miller pony beer bottles, showed me how to hold them and so on. Said when the rods crossed there would be something buried where the X was directly below. Had a friend with me as we went to the football field. Sure enough, the rods crossed behind the bleachers. My buddy and me started digging and about five or six inches my buddy dug a $0.50 cent silver half out of the side of the hole and wouldn't give it to me and I chased him all the way to his house. People started making fun of my homemade treasure finder so I was embarrassed by it and stopped using it.

I also now remember events of a few years ago better because of this. I told too many people right away of my activities and how I was finding stuff which led to many skeptical remarks and actually started to believe what people were saying more than my successes. Also had to put up with a barage of religion and even ended up shunning some folks from this forum who were trying to help me. Sorry about that Dell!

This time I'm going solo. I don't care any more what people think or say but I'm not going to invite any negativity along or even read anything negative. Hey, it just doesn't matter if they can't tell you a better way and usually they are no better off with their high dollar conventional machines. Nothing against conventional machines either. I used metal detectors in conjunction with what dowsing I did for a time and I think it works fine to compliment each other. Will also try to not get cocky as before with new found success. Yep I found stuff and bragged about it, only to invite more skeptical remarks. I see now why most dowsers don't tell or show. Doesn't matter if they was standing right there watching. It always seems to turn into something, some kind of trick, cheat on your part of of the devil. After participating in church activities as a minister and other religious duties I think I can honestly say there is much more evil within the churches than there is in some people learning to locate treasures with metal rods in their hands given that I believe it has nothing to do with spirituality or spirits of any sort. Oh well, I didn't mean to get off on that tangent. I'm back and ready to get back to finding treasures!

Edited to add...I must confess I did glance into the skeptics forum just for a bit and watched a video of a fella who dropped a coin out of his hand into a pile of dirt. It's sad he had or felt the need to resort to such a tactic. I suppose there are scammers in every sort of situation but it does not shine a very positive light on real success. Oh well.

I enjoyed reading this post. It was really interesting, and gives me another take on things. Thank you.

And good for you! I do hope you'll share some of what you find - whether items or discovery about dowsing. But if not, that's ok too - best of luck to you,

HH - and happy dowsing :D

Nan

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Thanks Nan and yes I will share if and when I find but it will only be here in the believers forum. I'm glad the mods saw fit to make a place where positive prevails!

Going at it again tomorrow. Made some new rods today and got some hopefully good starting points from a google image of a suspect area by dowsing it with a little crystal fixed to a gold chain. Two spots say silver, two say gold. I figure this by holding a silver dollar in my left hand on the paper for silver and a gold nugget for gold. I know not all spots found on an image will pan out. They might be too deep. I'm not near good enough to tell intricate details like some folks.

This is how I did before things went crazy. Dowse some google images and get the distance in feet from the ruler tool from a known landmark. Then I'll go out with my map and step off the feet from my landmark and start metal detecting the area of indication. I have found coins, jewelry and silver ware doing this in the past. Sometimes I wouldn't find a thing but my rods always seemed to say there was something there but again, I don't know what they were indicating. Once I dug a hole about four feet and nothing but the rods kept hitting there. Another time was confirmed with a two box detector there was something in the hole. A backhoe finally revealed an empty box with brass hinges and lock around 8 ft down. That was a heart thumper :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
No metal detector finds in the indicated places this morning but one bullet in one of the silver spots. My targets may be too deep. My rods indicate something in each spot but again they might be too deep for the metal detector. I'm holding the same silver dollar and gold nugget used on the google image in their respective places in my left hand whild dowsing with the rods.

It might be interesting to see what/where others indicate if I post a picture of the place. Anybody care to take a look?

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Ok hope I can get a picture to work. Would it be better if I included my spots?

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
It might be real interesting to see what some might get from that picture. If anyone is so tuned in as to reveal part of the history of this place I will disclose all I know so it should be fun and rewarding learning experience.

Get the itch for more picture and I will gladly provide that too.

As for myself, this thought came this morning. Suppose you Art or somebody else would care to post a picture, not so much maybe containing any treasure(s) but items you know about and let others dowse it for practice and see how we're doing? Sort of like practice...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Try this one...The answer is already posted on T-Net...Art

Attachments

• conway.JPG
    conway.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 389
OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
What am I looking for? Or am I supposed to know that? I kinda thought you would say such and such is in the picture and i would mark the spot where I think it is...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When I do a map I ask the whole map a long list of questions. If the guy wants me to look for gold bars I have a list of questions for that to ( are they Buried, in a natural cave or in a man made tunnel) The only thing I found on that map was Gold Ore….Art

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Hmmm. That's cool. Too late to say my first thought when dowsing that map there was gold ore in the top half of it. Micron or telluride. Also in the top right 1/4 was some silver indication.

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Way cool Art! :thumbsup:

Quote Arkie..."If anyone is so tuned in as to reveal part of the history of this place I will disclose all I know so it should be fun and rewarding learning experience."

I didn't mention anything about military anywhere did I? Art wins the prize. ;D

I'm amazed as always but not too surprised. Yes there are supposed to be and have been military artifacts found around here. I didn't say old bullet. It was a modern 22 cal. round I found today. Amazing is the unknown when it becomes known to someone who has no prior knowledge. The gold and silver I'm looking for is also military related and Art placed them together on his grid in the same spots. They are supposed to be together! I was off a little, well by several yards but along the same line. Perhaps I was hitting on the signal lines???

It will be really neat to go dig these up on Art's spots. How's the weather out in the desert this time of year? This is one delivery I will enjoy making in person so I hope you see me like really soon Art! ;D ;D ;D

Edited to add...Will you give me some dowsing lessons when I come out? ;D

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks ..I sure hope you can locate those. For the last 5 days we have had 4 to 7 degrees at night. The days have been up to 31 degrees. Today we got up to 44 degree…Warm enough to go out side. Lake Tahoe is 9 miles from here as the crow flies and it has been snowing all day. I need to get some 50 degree days as I have Meteorite and a Gold vein to chase down.
I spent the best part of the last 2 days working on gold maps from Ireland. Gold in Ireland ? yes there is
If anyone tried my map the story is at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,202649.0.html

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Dang I thought it was cold here! I will be searching bright and early tomorrow morning...

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
This may seem to be getting off topic some but in the end I hope to reinforce my why by the results of what is taking place.

Had some very intense indications this morning that Art has landed me on some very good areas. The rods actually turned me around twice from my thinking i wasn't far enough in from my landmark from the google earth ruler tool results. In any event, if the spots pan out then Art's grid is still correct if right on the edge and it is my measurements that are off by about 70 or 80 feet.

If I'm to be sure these are the spots I need a two box because my pinpointing is not near on the spot. Art says under 3ft deep for one spot and under 4ft for the other. My attempt to figure depth going by a method described by art in another thread on these spots says 5ft and 6ft. So Art is correct or I'm off center of target which is likely.

It was 14 degrees here this morning Dell. Wasn't in my swim suit :D The ground needs to thaw some. One spot will be easy digging in a clearing. The other is going to be riddled with trees, roots and brush.

I sent Art up to date pictures off my cell phone.

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Is it just my computer or do others have a problem like this with the forum? The last post in every thread i try to read is covered up by the lower banner pictures and information so i had to make this pointless post just to be able to read Mike's reply.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Mike …I agree in part. I have never found anything at the exact spot I have marked. I have been close and I have missed be a 100 yards. When I dowse a map I try to be accurate. One of the problems I have is after I print a map and compare it to what comes off Google Some of the little spots or trees look diferent. When I write down coord. That hand on Google is pretty big. But…I know it’s there but they have to find it…Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dell…..I compared 3 mapping programs with Google to known locations…They all were in different locations and none of them were on the spot….Art

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Another reason I believe in dowsing is spurred on by the numerous posts I'm reading about locating water and sewer lines. I've worked for my city water and wastewater dept for going on 13 years now. Many of our water lines are fitted with tracer wire which have stations every so many yards we hook a box to and detect the path with another box. Many more of the older sections have no tracer wire and none of the service lines from the main lines have any tracer wire. This often causes a problem when a service line breaks under a road surface.

One particular instance I remember was a service line break under the road. Methodology says to dig it up at the main first to locate and shut off the corp stop (brass valve), dig up by the customer meter box and pull a new line under the road with a cable puller and backhoe. This saves the road surface but locating the main and service line without ripping the service out of the main with the backhoe can be tricky without tracer wire, plus digging a huge hole in the opposite neighbor's yard in the process.

So I'm thinking and say a 3/4" service line is too small to dowse. Jack pulls out his rods, giving them his customary spin by the handles to charge em up while we all laugh. Locates the main and the service. We dug directly down to the brass valve with a nice neat hole. Hmmm. Size doesn't matter we all say laughing.

Any more we save hooking up the box and somebody grabs their rods. Water lines are easy. Why is dowsing for treasure seemingly so difficult or different? Is it only in the mind? Why do these same fella's who readily accept locating water lines scorn the searching for treasures?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread