OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
When using two rods, when you get a signal the rods will close. If you drop one rod to your side the remaining rod will be pointing the direction to the target. Bring the rod back up and then turn 90 degrees to face the target. The rods will open. Move your hands inward until the rods make a vee about 1 inch from the tips touching. Now follow the signal keep the rods in that position. It takes a lot of practice but is a lot quicker…Art

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
Art,

I shall help to keep this visible. After reading this thread I did some more research on dowsing and was able to watch several youtube videos on this method and have become fired up about it and am going to learn this valuable technique. Thanks a million, which could very well one day be rather literal.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Ryan. …Dowsing is just another tool. Practice it until you understand what the rods are telling you. They can save you a lot of time in your searches. Did you know that some of use can drive down the highway at 60 miles MPH and get a signal . I then go down the road for another couple of miles and turn around. I return at 30 miles an hour and take a GPS reading every time the rod closes. If there is a road running the same direction up to 6 miles away I then go there and repeat my search. I then go home and put the GPS readings on Google earth.. I have narrowed my search area way down before I have to ask for permission to look around and all the other hassels…Art

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
Art,

That is completely amazing. I am also going to try to use a pendulum and see if I can use it to dowse a map. One day I hope to be a dowsing master.

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
So is this PMA (positive mental attitude) as well as actually thinking about what it is that you are trying to find, because at this point in time after reading everything I can about dowsing and how it will help you in your treasure hunting I am feeling really warm and fuzzy like I am on top of the world even though I haven't tried anything yet.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I received an e-mail from a gentleman that was having no luck with the dowsing rods…I thought my answer should be here…

Hey Lonnie….You tried the Dowsing rods and they would not cross for you. Try this. Make another set of rods from coat hangers. The long side should be around 17 inches long. Place a coin on the floor. Put your heel on the coin. Pull your hands back against your sides. Now slowly push your hands forward as far as you can reach. If they don’t cross cut 1 inch from each rod and try it again. Keep doing this until they start to move inward. Now cut ¼ inch at a time from the rod until they cross. I have found that there are two positions that I can repeat every time. One is with my hands and arms pushed out as far as I can and the other is with my elbows tight against my ribs. Adjust the rods so that they are in a repeatable position when they cross. That way you will know that the target is under your foot. E-mail me when you have done this experiment….Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Now that you have you rods and body position so that the target will be under you heel ,I would like to give you a tip. I have looked for Placer Gold most of my life in the California Mother Lode. There is still a lot of gold but there is also a ton of Micro Gold deposits. These small deposit give off the same signal as 35 pounds of gold. Most of these deposits, but not all of them, are on top of the ground. After my rods have crossed I always back up a step and kick the spot a few times. Most of the Micro Gold will be gone so when I step back on the spot I can tell if it is a nugget or not…Art

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
HI just found it newbe

I am a newbie to this site and glad to see all this info on dowsing, which i have done in the passed with out much luck, but not knowing were to start was my down fall now after reading all that's posted here I will be trying it agen, i have all ways used a pendulum to fine spot on a map , but as you said it takes hours to fine it x now i will try the rods. thanks great post
Walt

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Walt…I put this on here for people like you. There are a lot of theories about Dowsing but this is how it works for me. One sentence can give someone the information that they need…..Art

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this thread Art. I enjoyed reading it. I need to practice more.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This rod has a film canister on it for baiting different elements...Cheap and works....Art

Attachments

• P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,032
  • P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 3,046

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Thanks for the pic.So, that does not look like a coat hanger... :-\.Where did you get the rods? I went through the closet as soon as i read through this, and whadayaknow,not one metal coat hanger...lol

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teleprospector Built me a pair. A very nice pair. I just need to practice. I know dowsing works. I have seen it work with water . I Can't explain it scientifically but I know my cattle are drinking water. :wink:

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Mr.Jody…That one is 3/16 brass. Metal coat hangers are getting harder to find every day. Any place where the employees wear uniforms should have a lot of them. My auto repair shop had stacks of them.
Ace Hardware is where I got the brass rod…Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Victorio!
Jon

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Hmmm. Art, this has caused me to think some. Perhaps the places I call or have been calling targets are simply signal lines. I never knew or considered that without the use of a frequency emitter. So now I get to go back out and try them spots again! This time I will try the dropping a rod and see if the other points such and such direction.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
What you need to do is practice at home until you are sure what the rods are telling you. Once you get the rods the right lenght you will be digging smaller holes. You also need to bury something 2 feet deep so you will know where the rods should be when you have moved two feet...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Judy…I certainly will give it a try….It may take a few weeks to put one of these jars together ( the rubber string is so hard to make).. I don’t know how they did it in the 1930’s with what they had to work with…Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Judy…I moved here about 2 years ago. I have not done any demonstration since moving here. Would love to here bout your ideas as I love to experiment…Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread