HERE IS THE PROOF

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I don't know if anyone else has looked around, but I've been all over the web looking at dowsing and LRL websites, and I happened to stumble onto the ASD, or American Sociery of Dowsers. There's a truly interesting article about the history of dowsing on the main page, but an ever more interesting article below that. Take a look for yourself, then ask yourself this question. Couldn't they dowse their way out of this problem? ;)

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
You can't dowse for the future. At least not in the matter of which you think. For fate to the norse and I believe it is relevant to dowsing. Fate can be changed, or your future can change.

I deal with runes and if you ask a question pertaining to your future I always ask "...if I continue to live the way I do now."

For many dowsing doesn't work either. They have tests in Germany and almost all the people couldn't dowse correctly. But it takes alot of time and practice (for most people, sadly including myself) and they put basic beginers that have never held a rod and "tested" them to see if they could dowse correctly.

So the test wasn't in the favor of the dowsers.

There are scientific things that you can do with dowsing rods though. Like finding the bio energy field around someone or something like that. For your body uses electricity all the time and you body acts like a magnate pushing another magnate away, the rods will part at the very edge of the persons field. And it varies greatly among people, and greatly depends on their mood, if their tired, whether it's morning or evening. That's something that's kind of fun to do.

But in the case of dowsing scientific researches find that electric magnatic fields everywhere all the time that you don't reliaze, but subconciously your body does. And in dowsing the rods do nothing. It is you. THe rods are just meaningless pieces of metal, but when utalized in this matter become physical signs of these unconcious fields. And there are theories that relate to magic. Magic really isn't what most people think. Magic is the defination of like runes. There is rune magic, but what they are are just tools for delving in to the vastness of your unconcious. Something like that, and what these rods are doing is just helping you focus into that ability. Because everyone really does know everything. It's just not a concious knowledge.

Which if everyone did all of the sudden life would kind of suck.

So whether dowsing really works or not I care not of. I've been working with it a while and I can do something things. Somethings I can not, but through dedication, determination, and hard work anything can be accomplished.

Have fun with all that.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I do not mean to debate anything, I'm just telling you news I've heard and facts that I know. And whatever information I feel might interest the public. And just what some scientists are testing and studying.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Here it is one more time:
Dowsing is a way of being conscious of sensory inputs which are not directly connected to the instinctive brain functions. For example man's sensitivity to magnetism. The organ we assume to be responsible for this sensitivity is the pineal gland . We know that the pineal is contained within the skull, but the pineal lies outside the brain, and has no direct contact with the brain nor does it have direct nerve connections. So the pineal must communicate with the lower brain through subconscious urges, and not rational thought. In the case of dowsing, clearly the subconscious brain (not mind) is, in some way, able to alter muscle tension in the shoulders and arms, by way of the ideomotor effect, causing the crossing of angle rods, and the swinging or rotation of the pendulum.

Yet the same channels must also be used by other subconscious stimuli for them to be felt. Anyone who has used dowsing tools may find that the same techniques work well for psychic explorations, such as dating artifacts and map dowsing. But, although the manner of bringing the raw impulse through to conscious perception may be the same, this does not mean that the origins are the same. Dowsing may be linked to the magnetic sensitivity of the pineal, but psychic sensations may emanate from quite different organs.

Becker and Marino, who state that not all information gathered by the usual senses is 'processed at the conscious level, and there is no physiological principle that would preclude the subliminal detection of EMFs [electromagnetic fields] by the nervous system.'

No one knows how dowsing works, they only know it does. There are two popular theories to explain dowsing: the first suggests that dowsing works as a result of natural phenomena. Buried metal, minerals and underground water causes either a magnetic field or a disturbance in the earth?s own magnetic field. It is thought that the dowsing rod is a tool for showing the reaction of the magnetic field in the ground to the natural magnetic field of the body.

This theory was investigated scientifically in Logan, Utah, USA, around 30 years ago. Intrigued by a dowser pinpointing the bodies of two boys who drowned in a local river, Duane G. Chadwick, professor at the Utah State University Water Research Laboratory undertook several experiments to see if there was some scientific basis for dowsing. Chadwick and his colleague, Larry Jensen started from the known observations of geologists that underground water can cause anomalies in the Earth's magnetic field. They figured that dowsers could show sensitivity to these anomalies by involuntary muscular movement in the wrists, and dowsing rods would certainly amplify any small muscular reaction by up to 300 times.

In the first of a series of experiments, on the Campus, they set about testing the idea that dowsing reactions might coincide with the spots where some changes occurred in the Earth's magnetic field. Chadwick and Jensen laid out a straight track, free of obstructions and, using a caesium vapor magnetometer, checked for variations in the earth?s magnetic field at one-foot intervals. Chadwick then buried a length of wire, in a neutral area, to distort the magnetic field. Twenty-five people were recruited to walk the test course. Few of them were dowsers; most were students or university staff. They were given a pair of L- rods made out of clothes-hanger wire, and told to hold them out roughly horizontal. If they felt any kind of reaction, they were to stop and put down a small block of wood. The results were amazing in that twenty-three of the participants had a dowsing reaction within three feet of the buried wire. Chadwick was convinced the outcome was far greater than chance.

In another experiment in North Logan City Park, Chadwick and Jensen marked out a test course with no obvious or known features. This time, the test was double blind - nothing was deliberately buried and no one knew what was out there. 150 participants with dowsing rods were asked to drop a wooden block whenever they experienced a dowsing reaction and again almost everyone did. They dropped an average of 11.3 blocks each and the location of each block was documented. Then Chadwick and Jensen went over the course with two magnetometers mounted, at different heights, on a wooden sled. The difference between the magnetometer readings showed the variation in the magnetic field along the track walked by the dowsers. The researchers then graphed the magnetometer readings against the positions of the wooden blocks, which showed again that the dowsing reactions occurred unmistakably at peaks in the magnetic field.

The Second theory is that dowsing works through the arts of the paranormal; an explanation used to account for the ability of some dowsers to find objects which are thought not to produce or influence magnetic fields. As far as field dowsing is concerned, the paranormal theory is probably in error since it has been shown that virtually everything, be it animal, vegetable or mineral, reacts to magnetic fields. However, map dowsing is something else. How does a person dowse a map to successfully locate a target hundreds or thousands of miles away? There are many unanswered questions along the same lines, which are commonly put down to psychic ability or intuition. Mankind does not know everything. Much science fact today was the science fiction and mysticism of the past and dowsing has undoubtedly survived from primitive times when the ability to find water, for instance, could have meant the difference between life and death.

To my mind there are actually two types of dowsing. Field dowsing based on magnetic effects and map dowsing or distance dowsing based on intuition or psychic ability. The two types of dowsing are quite different and both types can be learned and improved on with perseverance and practice
This is a small spattering of information that I have found while researching ?consciousness? and it?s relationship to PSI. The research and laboratory work in this field has been undertaken by colleges, universities, scientific, and government professionals all over the world for over 100 years. In every avenue of this research (of which dowsing is a part), the field work and lab work has shown consistently that PSI phenomena has performed better than random chance. (Some far better)
Some of the above was taken from Electromagnetism and life, Robert O. Becker and Andrew A. Marino, State University of New York Press, 1982

Bill

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I believe they are intertwined.

But I don't know very much about the subject of electromagnetic fields and the like. But you are concentrating or focusing on whatever you are doing in dowsing are you not? Even if you are seeking water?

I know a woman that has dowsed since she was 8 years old. But all she does is for water and to find places where the earth has been dug up.

But she doesn't think of anything. She didn't know you can use dowsing for so much more than just water. But she doesn't concentrate on just the task she just kind of goes blank she says.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I think you are right Dell...I have found a lot of things that I can't do with Physical Dowsing. I started to do a little mental dowsing when I started to locate caves. It is hard to mix the two...Art

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
hmmm...very interesting.

Tell me, I don't know how to just physical dowse, utalizing the natural EMFs...or whatever.

In any dowsing that I do I always focuse on the subject of my dowsing.

I can only do things like one rod turning 360 degrees and somewhere in there the rod will hold on the object that you seek, or I did map dowsing with a little accuracy but I haven't done it that much yet. I can't ask questions, and I can't do the simple open at the edge of the pipe, or cross over the object any more.

I used to be able to right when I first found out about dowsing and it kind of stopped.

Do you have any advice?

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Sansted, Dowsing is only possible with the aid of Geomagnetic rays from solar flares from the sun immersing your body via reflection from the moon and under an iron roof. Geomagnetic force comes in eleven year solar cycles. We are in the last year of a solar cycle, and there has been no power for dowsing since the beginning of last year.
Your loss of dowsing power is no mystery. Space scientists predict that there will be a new cycle beginning approx Jan. 2007. I dont have enough experience to know whether solar flares will start with a whimper or a burst. Probably it will start with no solar flares worth mentioning and take about 2-3 years to build up again to give reasonably constant solar flare weather. Around 2009 to 2015 should give you enough solar flares to dowse
constantly. You must be a fair dinkum dowser to have noticed when the power source dried up.

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Sorry, Max.

Anomalous Cognition Effect Size: Dependence on
Sidereal Time and Solar Wind Parameters
by
S. James P. Spottiswoode and Edwin C. May
Cognitive Sciences Laboratory, Palo Alto, CA 9430

An association between geomagnetic field fluctuations and AC effect size has been
observed for trials which occur near 13h LST. This association has also been seen in one
parameter, the solar wind speed, which is known to affect the GMF. Finally, a possible
identification of solar modulation in the effect size data itself has been found. These
observations are consistent with the thesis that some component of solar activity, which
correlates with solar wind and GMF variations, is modulating the amount of AC observed
in laboratory experiments. It is not yet possible to determine what exactly this parameter
is, or even where it is acting. One assumption is that the physical conditions at the
location of the subject, or receiver, are crucial to performance. But this need not logically
be so: conditions along the path through space-time followed by the AC information
could also affect the propagation. Certainly if the mechanism of AC information transfer
is at all analogous to that of the other senses, this should be expected. The great
difficulty in the case of AC is that the location of the signal source is unknown, and
therefore also the path followed by the information.
It is to be hoped that the two physical
correlations described here, the modulation of effect size by LST and the correlations to
solar activity, will help narrow the search for the AC mechanism.

Bill

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Bill Pierce, how in the world did you end up in Scotland? I thought maybe you had dowsed your last polaroid picture, and was giving the devil pointers. All the best.

Bill

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Sorry I can't type a whole lot, but I crushed my hand so I'll be brief.

I didn't read the entirety of all the posts but I will.

But I got my dowsing back today. THe basic stuff works somewhat again.

I think I was concentrating to hard, and tension stops the flow of chi. I dont' know if chi does anything, but I just loosened thought a little less hard and now it's working again. I shall continue to practice and when I'm confident enough I'll test myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread