Dowsing Anybody Ever Use Equipment From Simmons Scientific PMR-II or PMR-III?

iwillcya

Jun 6, 2010
Hey everyone have a question for anybody familar with dowsing. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using any dowsing equipment from Simmons Scientific http://www.simmonsscientificproducts.com/products.html I'm specific looking for more info if anyone has personally used or knows anyone that has used specificly the PMR-II or the PMR-III. I was thinking of purchasing one of them to add to my metal detecting arsenal. If anyone has any more info on them other than what they say about them on their web site I would appreciate any insight from actual users out there if there are any. Thanks For Your time everyone!!!

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will do exactly what they promise as at the top of todays technology. THere is no technology other than metal detectors . Lshaped coat hangers worth a few cents each have come a long way since suckers were born. The ad does not promise to find gold or any other treasures or has ever found any it just comments it is at the top of the ladder in tizzing up coat hangers. . Max

Ted Groves

Aug 26, 2009
Planet Earth
Detector(s) used
(G&T-C) = gullible and technically-challenged
aussie 1 said:
It will do exactly what they promise as at the top of todays technology. THere is no technology other than metal detectors . Lshaped coat hangers worth a few cents each have come a long way since suckers were born. The ad does not promise to find gold or any other treasures or has ever found any it just comments it is at the top of the ladder in tizzing up coat hangers. . Max

Max is exactly correct. There is no real science or technology involved in the PMR-II or anything resembling such a device. You can save yourself a lot of money by bending a piece of scrap wire into an "L" shape and using it to try and find treasure. I guarantee the bent wire will work precisely as well as dowsing contraptions costing hundreds or thousands of dollars more.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunting tools don't always work for everyone, including electronic metal detectors.
KellyCo sells the Simmons rods (Anderson locators) and offers your money back within a time limit.
It's your money. The best way for you to know if any instrument works or works better than another one is for YOU to operate them. Please let us know what works better in your opinion, a coathanger or the PMR instrument.
Jon

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not what you use as a dowsing rod but WHEN
IN the dowsing section I have posted a chapter out of a book I wrote in 1985 on discovering the secrets of mental dowsing. THis particular chapter revolves around my first discoveries and how and when to dowse.
With the suns solar flares which are responsible for dowsing beginning to again come to life dowsing may again be possible soon. Or it may be impossible to dowse for a century to come.
The sun 11 year cycles in the nineteenth century were almost nil. The 20th century was good for dowsing with the last days to successfully dowse was in the month of June 2004.
It is not what you hold in your hand to dowse it is WHEN you dowse that you have to learn.
Unfortunately when dowsing is impossible, quick rich shysters come out in droves.
Find my posting in dowsing under Dowsing in 1985 and learn and keep a tight hold on your wallet. Regards max

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Is there anyone here who can point to how we might correlate solar flare in the 2nd millennium with major dowsing periods such as when De Re Metallica was written, when the German dowsers were brought to England to successfully locate mines etc etc.

Is there any way of showing solar flare history in terrestrial phenomenae?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
This is the web site that I check….http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today.html…Years ago I went from that web page and now every time there is a solar flare I receive an e-mail….I don’t remember how I did it so if anyone knows anything about this please post it. When ever we have another solar flare I will get the web number and post it… I watch the graph called Estimated KP….Art

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been quiet on net for 6 years cause there just was no dowsing to be had. Millions were probably spent on fancy doo daas to copy dowsing which have 99.95 % failed. The other .05% succeeded partially if you lived in the extreme northern hemisphere and a small solar flair eventuated
and by a co-incident you happened to have a dowsing rod in your hand or any type of antenna and were obeying all laws of nature in regards to dowsing. You might have had partial unrepeatable success for short periods combining with short bursts of solar flares generating in your direction.
A fellow dowser 100 miles away may have had no luck whatsoever.

I recall in the 80s when solar flares bounced across the moon and smothered earth on the moon side and powered dowsing rods day in and day out for weeks. Dowsers advertised water finding in rural papers ( including myself) travelled hundreds of miles and 75% of the time found water for farmers and desperate vegy growers.

Then the solar flares commenced to peter out and a two hundred mile journey to a remote farm would leave the farmer dissappointed and me with a blinding headache an empty pocket and a flu like condition for days for dowsing without power.

At about that time I was a fanatical fisherman with about 50 years experience and was contemplating giving up the sport as I usuall ended up woith flu like conditions for days after a weekend fishing.

I didnt know that I was inadvertantly dowsing subconsiously down my fishing lines for imminent bites.
Once I worked out where my problems after a weekend fishing came from I was soon fishing at every opportunity in a 16 foot tinny again with a 70 HP yamana pushing me along and having no problems with aftermath headaches and a foggy head.

For the past 6 years of dowsing inactivity whenever I spy even a partial moon at day or night I will find a dowsing rod immediately and check out if we have a bit of power. No luck whatsoever since June 2004.

Years ago I tried to become independant of solar power and did scores of failed experiments, of which dozens ended up on the markets as Gods gifts to dowsers by unscrupulous traders.

The more they charged with fancy attatchments, the richer the purchaser feels they will become. Even you Art, admit you possess of have tried seven different LRLs.

If you wanna be a dowser , listen to some sound advice . Wait for impending Solar flares.
For the first time in 6 years we have had dozens of useless small flares in recent weeks and one big one. Several months ago we had one of the largest solar flares recorded for decades, however it was on the other side of the earth and missed us completly.

When the time comes I will sing out loud and clear. Grab your rods and get outside under a moon if at night or still outdoors in the daytime keeping your head covered from UV destroying rays.
Evenings and mornings not much problem.
I definitely map read outdoors. Indoors with the tiled roof baffling your dowsing you are wasting your time. An iron roof is ok.

Good luck in the near future, Max

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to sound a killjoy, but everytime I post a bit of commonsense on this web I get no replies.
Yet lrl subjects receive hundreds if not thousands of posts of hope on what they know are fraudalent
sales of rubbish capitalising on human nature that may in one out of umpteen thousand cases their particular box of junk will work, and make them a millionare without study, hard work and sweat. I guess I am describing human nature in general.. Regards Max

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judy , you are quite correct. Every one gets desperate when dowsing fails. It has been around for thousands of years , but not for the past 6 years. regards max

tumbleweed509

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2011
As I read the pat answers to the dowsing experiences, several believing it is mostly hoax, I realize even more that the mysteries of the body and magnetics, has forgotten more in two minutes than we will ever learn. My first experience with a rod was that it pointed at the rear of my friends house three different times from different angles. I chuckled it off with him, and went on my way.
A few days later, I saw my friend, and he stated that his neighbors went to the rear of their house (kitchen) and withdrew a large can of silver dollars for him to evaluate the dates! As far as a common coat hangar, they don't point to anything unless you are in motion, and they will react to every ole piece of rusty iron you can think of. If you walk while holding one it will point to a hundred things. they are more of a reactor to pipes and do cross over anything right under you. There is an art to making a rod. It runs into proper balance,etc. Beyond these observations, it gets into magnetics. Perhaps solar flares do affect it. I do know that moist, chilly air affects it favorably.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You are correct tumbleweed509..they are a mystery but also a fascinating hobby...There are solutions to most of the things you stated..Baiting the rods is one of them...Dowsing takes a lot of practice until you learn just what the rods are telling you.. Art

dany17

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I did bought the universal antenna rod 16 years ago,and have had a very good to excelent services from it,it is picking up readings from as far as 2-3 miles for what i could experienced . You have to learn to work with it ... The Larger the Cache The better the readings but still weather and moon fases Are to watch.

Your devoted best treasur hunter ever.

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting since May 2004 when solar flares tailed off till now for solar flares and dowsing to again commence. The sun is slowly beginning its eleven year cycle of eruptions and this year (2012) is the epincentre of its present cycle.
So far several worthwhile solar flares that have occured this year have been directed away from earth rendering them useles for dowsing.
I have a gut feeling that we will have to wait late in this year as historic records of past flares have indicated that they were more prominant later in the cycle. Say december or january. If not, any time in 2013... Max .

TTowndigger

Dec 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they are good for one thing and one thing only separating hard earned money from people, Divining rods have been used to con people for as long as someone is willing to believe or hope. Just ask for true independent scientific testing from an accredited testing facility, better yet just try and locate PROVEN FINDS from divining rods anywhere. Ask manufacture to give you PROOF test results and see what they say,. A good book called Inside The METAL DETECTOR by George Overton and Carl Moreland, GREAT BOOK that goes into the divining rod scams. Check it out before you spend the money. You will glad you did.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Art what do you use for bait for gold or in your bait chamber besides gold? rwd mo
I have used the ashes from a local fire ring, Black Powder and many other things that I have needed...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TTG, you are right that a rod is not going to find treasure by itself. Put another way, it is not the rod's fault. Yeah, maybe the guy who sells you the expensive rod without giving you the details--that is takes a long time and tons of practice. As for the book, I have not read it but I know Carl says locators cannot possibly work so I don't see him being any kind of expert on anything to do with locating except how NOT To do it. So what? You build their totem locator they said will not work (or something to that effect). Now what? Get disgusted and quit like the skeptics want you to do? That's what I call the Natural Selection Process. You decide your own fate.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread