Huge Spanish jesuit 17th-18th century treasure trove.

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picture of huge jesuit cache. For over a hundred years , various dowsers have successfully dowsed a tunnel running across a roadway on top of a hill about a pace wide full of gold. The extension tunnel is about 60 feet in length and the cave which is further down the hill towards the ocean is about
the same length.
A favorite ruse of the Jesuits was to extend a tunnel beyond a caves end , fill it and cement up the entrance to the tunnel so if you found the cave you missed the many tons hidden beyond in the extension tunnel.

THis cave and tunnel is placed in such a position that several hundred years ago when first visiting this area by Spanish Jesuits it was one of the first caves to be sighted.
I feel there are many tons of treasures lodged in this cave to avoid seizure by the Spanish royalty to finance their wars with the English Protestants. , possibly several ship loads, as I feel it was filled early in the Spanish rape of the Americas.

This hidden roof of the cave entrance is located halfway up a hill where tectonic activity raise the whole hill about a hundred feet. Treasure trove hunters not understanding geology dug countless holes around the base of the hillside not realising that the hill was created by tectonic uplift thousands of years ago, raising the cave entrance at least 50 feet above sea level.
The white roof of the hidden limestone roof entrance is exposed in this picture and further down the track I unearthed the grey limestone floor of the entrance. Sorry about the size of the picture.
Max

Attachments

• huge jesuiit treasure cache.jpg
    huge jesuiit treasure cache.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 813

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem with the picture, mate, but now that you have my attention what is the rest of the story? Have you opened it up?

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its in the heart of a town and runs under a road then two houses and then under another road, including the tunneling at the end of the cave. I am attempting to again gain permissioin to dig. I doubt it but i have to try. Max

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi aussie Your cave in the Port Campbell area ? ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no Tinpan, it is in queens cliff.
By a co-incidence I had a reply to a request for how i would go about opening up a designated cave only yesterday. I had put in a very strong request that the government had to answer. It is the nearest I have had to a yes in 15 years of requests.
I haven't answered the e-mail yet as I ponder on the correct satisfactory answer to their request, as unless I am a genius they will say no.
I have worked out my main problem. Getting into the cave without barricading the area and locating the treasures via huge earth works and machinery and huge bonds..

Armies are successful when they discover how the other side thinks. In this case I have to know how the Jesuits thought if they wanted to come back without traveling up the caves entrances, dodging decoys and traps that they could gain entry in only a short time. They must have a secret entrance which with a bit of luck I will discover their secret entrance as I have learnt many of their " dig here " signs. Max

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't pick up anything Max, until trying right on the left edge slightly off mid center. Whatever you're doing, keep going left.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aussie 1 said:
no Tinpan, it is in queens cliff.
By a co-incidence I had a reply to a request for how i would go about opening up a designated cave only yesterday. I had put in a very strong request that the government had to answer. It is the nearest I have had to a yes in 15 years of requests.
I haven't answered the e-mail yet as I ponder on the correct satisfactory answer to their request, as unless I am a genius they will say no.
I have worked out my main problem. Getting into the cave without barricading the area and locating the treasures via huge earth works and machinery and huge bonds..

Armies are successful when they discover how the other side thinks. In this case I have to know how the Jesuits thought if they wanted to come back without traveling up the caves entrances, dodging decoys and traps that they could gain entry in only a short time. They must have a secret entrance which with a bit of luck I will discover their secret entrance as I have learnt many of their " dig here " signs. Max

hi aussie , you need to get approval from 5 different government departments .The answer will be"no" this whole area of the coast is protected by law for numerous reasons. Not one of the reasons has anything to do with Spain treasure.

tinpan

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It still might be interesting to see an extended photo, or one of a different angle from the right, to see exactly where the signal is coming from. I keep getting a signal with my rods here...

Attachments

• huge jesuiit treasure cache1.jpg
    huge jesuiit treasure cache1.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 900
OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red Desert, you are arrowing to the left, The treasure is North. Don,t despair as they have treasures every few feet at this site entrance. You have just picked up another one.. Max

islandguy

Oct 21, 2010
Hello My first time posting on this site, just thought I would throw in my ideas, you can buy a portable core drill out of the U.S for about 3000.00 it will drill up to 45 feet. Will give you a 1 inch core. Just need a discrete location to use it. Also try to rent or buy one of the houses that is on the tunnel.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aussie 1 said:
red Desert, you are arrowing to the left, The treasure is North. Don,t despair as they have treasures every few feet at this site entrance. You have just picked up another one.. Max

That explains why the signal didn't seem to be like your 2 ship loads of treasure. I was getting only 8 chests, some deteriorated stacks of boxes & sacks. Sacks or leather pouches, not sure...but gold artifacts are in some of them. the chests, just assorted small stuff. Hard to figure out Jesuit logic.

To learn the true direction of the signal, would take dowsing from both left and right of that spot to establish a pinpoint on it. Have fun Max... :icon_sunny:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I get Treasure in three directions

Attachments

• huge jesuiit treasure cache.jpg
    huge jesuiit treasure cache.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 939
OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know if you were lucky art or not. West and north are correct and I dont know about south. mAX

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texaseee,First of all I have to crack an easier one as they are on crown land or multi, multi million dollar properties. If I can crack one publicly they would fall over themselves to let me open up the rest. Just out of hospital I feel okay but we have state elections in two weeks and all government departments are on standby mode. Regards Vince and his Melanoma , by leaving a clean small hole there were not any roots to spread out and give you a nasty surprise later. Max

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hospital! Not my favorite place, glad to hear you escaped them! :hello2:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull a bottomless Porta Pottie exactly where you want to dig. Put an out of order sign on it and go to town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread