Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleprospector said:
Hi Red_desert,
Thanks! It's great to see that our locations are similar. I'm hoping our dowses will be field checked.
This was the 2nd time I have dowsed for offshore objects and it's nice to get some feedback.
I feel there are lots of ships and treasure in this area and would love to follow up with another dowse whenever you want to recheck the area.
Jon

Yes, I'm hoping too, some of the treasure hunters working the 1715 wreck sites will check these signals out. I hate to say it...but people swimming at the State rec beach along S of the inlet, having fun in the water, could have been around emeralds without realizing it.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red_desert said:
teleprospector said:
Hi Red_desert,
Thanks! It's great to see that our locations are similar. I'm hoping our dowses will be field checked.
This was the 2nd time I have dowsed for offshore objects and it's nice to get some feedback.
I feel there are lots of ships and treasure in this area and would love to follow up with another dowse whenever you want to recheck the area.
Jon

Yes, I'm hoping too, some of the treasure hunters working the 1715 wreck sites will check these signals out. I hate to say it...but people swimming at the State rec beach along S of the inlet, having fun in the water, could have been around emeralds without realizing it.

I agree,
Especially if the emeralds are raw.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever heard of "Emerald City" a place on the Atocha wreck site? Well, they have a way of getting them...investors usually get a chance at the Columbian emeralds, at certain times of the year. I've seen some photos of investor finds at the Mel Fisher museum website. Those emeralds are nice high quality, looked like some kind of faceted cut, unlike the rounded cut type found on the gold artifacts. It has been a while since I've seen the photos, might need to go back and check again...thought the ones from Emerald City looked faceted.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleprospector said:
Red_desert said:
teleprospector said:
Hi Red_desert,
Jon

I agree,
Especially if the emeralds are raw.

Teleprospector, I checked on those emeralds...the Columbian emeralds found on the Atocha do look like they are raw...so, 1715 Fleet wrecks would probably be the same way. Take a good look at close up photos. Also notice how good the religious gold artifacts can look when they contain set emeralds.

Attachments

• atocha_emerald.jpg
    atocha_emerald.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 744
  • atocha_emerald2.jpg
    atocha_emerald2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 476
  • atocha_emeraldcross1.jpg
    atocha_emeraldcross1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 492

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Red_desert,
Wow! thx for posting those pics. Look at the quality of those emeralds! That deep pine green color.
Emeralds are very brittle, someone really knew what they were doing on those cabochon pieces in the cross.
My North Carolina emerald specimen pales in comparison to these, but it's still chemically emerald.
There is a small chance that my dowsing hits for emerald could also be beryl in the form of aquamarine or golden beryl. I of course prefer emeralds....... ;D

Jon

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleprospector said:
Hi Red_desert,
Wow! thx for posting those pics. Look at the quality of those emeralds! That deep pine green color.
Emeralds are very brittle, someone really knew what they were doing on those cabochon pieces in the cross.
My North Carolina emerald specimen pales in comparison to these, but it's still chemically emerald.
There is a small chance that my dowsing hits for emerald could also be beryl in the form of aquamarine or golden beryl. I of course prefer emeralds....... ;D

Jon
Yes, from what i understand about it, these emeralds are the type which can bring a lot of $$$$$...especially valuable, the gold rings, jewelry, and religious artifacts that have the emeralds set.

imtack

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you dowsing just pictures with rods? interesting i've used rods for buried electrical but didn't know remote viewing was a thing- i'm on treasure coast for a week every year but always seem to get skunked i detect all the way from turtle reef club up to fredrick douglas park

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you dowsing just pictures with rods? interesting i've used rods for buried electrical but didn't know remote viewing was a thing- i'm on treasure coast for a week every year but always seem to get skunked i detect all the way from turtle reef club up to fredrick douglas park
Tools are just that, dowsing instruments. How it is done seems to be more important than what you use. Some people ask questions with rods to get a yes/no response. Printed maps made off your computer are from digital images. There is no physical dowsing effect from map dowsing printed maps or using light short L-rods off a screen. But don't use laptops directly, you'll need external screen larger size such as 29 inch flat screen TV hooked up with cable. Then L-roods only can point but tips will draw together at a signal.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't suggest that a response isn't physical, only this use of L-rods is not what dowsers normallt refer to as physical dowsing.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders, who since has passed over the bar, mentioned several copper chests full of gold coins, which were pushed over into the water. Apparently, a French ship was captured by either the Spanish or pirates, being chased the ship went north up toward Indian River. Chests of gold coins got dumped to lighten the load hoping to get up more speed. I think the chests could be on some of the 1715 Fleet leases, but until somebody recovers them the locations will remain as unknown. We didn't have that information Dell shared later, so nobody was checking.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread here, but I know of a treasure hunter who recently shared pics of his emerald finds from the beach off of a 1715 Fleet shipwreck. So, they have been secretly recovering Columbian emeralds for years now from the 1715 beach wreck site.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one main site were emeralds are found, don't remember the exact location, but the map dowsing location in this thread wouldn't have to be the same (although it probably is the same as where emeralds are found) because Spanish gold treasure often contained cut emeralds.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That inlet is a waste of time dowsing, storm blew all kinds of ship debris through there. I suspect the beach site with the raw emeralds is more to the south, because Indian River is there. Maybe would be a good idea to go back to find info the treasure hunter shared with his raw emerald beach finds.

imtack

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red desert is there a video of how this can be tried? i'm a little lost....

That inlet is a waste of time dowsing, storm blew all kinds of ship debris through there. I suspect the beach site with the raw emeralds is more to the south, because Indian River is there. Maybe would be a good idea to go back to find info the treasure hunter shared with his raw emerald beach finds.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
red desert is there a video of how this can be tried? i'm a little lost....
I don't make videos of this. Pinpointing on a large screen is allow rods to point until they draw together with the tips touching at the ends. If you hold steady, rods will stay that way. Then moving away from the spot in any north, east, south, or west direction, makes your rods spread apart again. I don't think this can work for anyone, unless they already are having good success map dowsing with a pendulum.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to try it, probably a good idea to practice around known treasure sites, such as the 1715 Fleet wrecks. Nothing happens there, then it isn't working for you. But when rod tips do come together, back off making rods spread, go at the spot again from different directions, signal should be repeatable.

imtack

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok thank you.

If you want to try it, probably a good idea to practice around known treasure sites, such as the 1715 Fleet wrecks. Nothing happens there, then it isn't working for you. But when rod tips do come together, back off making rods spread, go at the spot again from different directions, signal should be repeatable.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dell Winders, who since has passed over the bar, mentioned several copper chests full of gold coins, which were pushed over into the water. Apparently, a French ship was captured by either the Spanish or pirates, being chased the ship went north up toward Indian River. Chests of gold coins got dumped to lighten the load hoping to get up more speed. I think the chests could be on some of the 1715 Fleet leases, but until somebody recovers them the locations will remain as unknown. We didn't have that information Dell shared later, so nobody was checking.
Or someone recovered them and kept their cakehole shut...lol
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest: