Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click the file tab (top upper left) of GE hold mouse pointer over save, then menu unfolds. Save image as jpg. Now you can open the photo in another program and cut off the coordinates at the bottom.

When you post on T-Net, click the browse tab below the message box. :D

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
:thumbsup:
Well, done that, but when I go to save , I dont have that option (JPG) so I dunno..I was just wanting to put a pic up of a place and just kinda get some opinions on it...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Mr. Jody…There are a few other ways to copy maps…You should have the paint program on your computer. You may also have some kind of Digital Imagining program. When on Google Earth you can go to view (at the top) and shut off the tool bar and side bar. Then push the Prt Scrm button on the key board. Then open the print program and push the Ctrl and the V keys at the same time. The map should now be in the paint program. You can then use the erase function to cover the gps reading.
From paint you can save it to my pictures.
When I use the save image on my computer it comes up as a Jepeg…You need to look and see if you have a digital imaging program…Cropping and resizing is important…If the photo will not go on T-net because it is to large you can push the preview button then copy. You can then use the up and down arrow for the bottom box and change it to a gif…That makes them small enough sometimes…Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before sizing the image, I like to up the resolution first. Lately, I've been using 120 ppi. You need to change it and save in the size image box. Then select a pixel size for the photo.

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Man, I have tried everything you guys said do, but when I try and post the pic on here, all i see are a bunch of words???I have done everything but beat the computer up... >:(
Think if i tell one of you in a pm, you could post the pic for me? Or am I asking to much..??
Just want a couple more opinions befor I head out...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mr. Jody,
In the green circle I picked up on a post hole cache near Okiedowsers location. Gold and silver coins.
Blue circled area, about 40 lbs. of silver bars, approx. 3 feet deep.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• Jody_2tnetdowsed.jpg
    Jody_2tnetdowsed.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Thanks for your time teleprospector.....this is very very interesting! I will get there soon,but working on some very important "stuff" right now.......will report back in here and give details on if anything was ""NOT""found... :thumbsup: :coffee2: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread