Map dowsers - put your skills to the test?

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to say what you mean and mean what you say.
Your good at talking the talk, but not walking the talk.
I don't feel you are being truthful about what you did here and/or you don't understand your own rules.
Care to double tongue your way out of this?
Jon
[/quote]

Jon, you had an opportunity to ask that this continue till the end of the month...I heard nothing from you on that. I do not feel I have to justify my decision to anyone. If you wish to continue to be antagonistic, I will not respond.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Next time if possible give the gps position. It's easier to zoom in and pinpoint better.
Thanks it was fun. By the way the information in the picture as far as my dowsing goes would be at the time the picture was taken. I'm sure your coins were not in the picture at the time it was taken.

Tim

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsecrets said:
You need to say what you mean and mean what you say.
Your good at talking the talk, but not walking the talk.
I don't feel you are being truthful about what you did here and/or you don't understand your own rules.
Care to double tongue your way out of this?
Jon

Jon, you had an opportunity to ask that this continue till the end of the month...I heard nothing from you on that. I do not feel I have to justify my decision to anyone. If you wish to continue to be antagonistic, I will not respond.
[/quote]

I have the right to speak up or be antagonistical when I feel something is not right. A decision has been made by Mr. Williams and I have nothing further to say.
Jon

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
JudyH said:
I had never considered that, Tim. Thanks for bringing it up. It makes sense that if you dowse a photograph, you will only pick up on what was there at the time of the photo. How does having the gps coordinates work for you, Tim?

Also, Red brought up the difference between "lost or unknown" objects and "known" (hidden) objects. How do you differentiate between the two with your dowsing, Red?

This is all very interesting to me. I am learning alot, guys/gals. Thanks :icon_thumright:

:coffee2:

For me it's like signal to noise ratio. The target area being the signal and all the rest of the picture being noise. So I zoom down to bring the target area in larger than or equal to the surrounding area. I don't question dowse. I use my equipment and rod.

Jon I understand your concern. I also emailed and asked about the red mark. Thanks for standing up for me. So it's ok no problem.
Tim

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Thanks Jon it does not bother me. I am still improving over time. Hope to do more testing here. If you need anything let me know.

Tim

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good, thanks.
I don't like to see people get cheated out of what they work for.
Jon

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm a liar and a cheat eh? Red's first post was Jan 11, Tim's post was Jan 14. Red clearly came closest first.

Attachments

• Red\'s hits.jpg
    Red\'s hits.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 508

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsecrets said:
So, I'm a liar and a cheat eh? Red's first post was Jan 11, Tim's post was Jan 14. Red clearly came closest first.

That's not where He said they were. The red circles were marked as "metal detecting spots or locations"
The blue circles w/black x were marked as silver coins.
So no, Red did'nt come closer first as to the mexican coins location. If you want to continue to twist your own words around go ahead, you have to live with what happend, not me.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
One more small Ag hit in red.

Attachments

• test site1.JPG
    test site1.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 493

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
I zoomed in and pin pointed a little better. I don't know if this is a house or just a building. But I have a silver hit in blue and a gold hit on the other end.

Attachments

• building.jpg
    building.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 500

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JudyH said:
I had never considered that, Tim. Thanks for bringing it up. It makes sense that if you dowse a photograph, you will only pick up on what was there at the time of the photo. How does having the gps coordinates work for you, Tim?

Also, Red brought up the difference between "lost or unknown" objects and "known" (hidden) objects. How do you differentiate between the two with your dowsing, Red?

This is all very interesting to me. I am learning alot, guys/gals. Thanks :icon_thumright:

:coffee2:

Well, normally to dowse for lost treasure you would discriminate out all not-lost or not-buried treasure, otherwise you may pick up coins and jewelry on people who are walking around. If you dowse at a time someone happens to be out walking or jogging, it shows up in the results. So, dowsers need to focus on what is lost for treasure hunting.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Red how do you do that? I don't talk to my rods. I use my generator. I'm interested in hitting what's there at the time the pic was taken. So if there were 12 lbs of gold on the kitchen table it should show up in the pic lost or not. That's how I do it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim Williams said:
Red how do you do that? I don't talk to my rods. I use my generator. I'm interested in hitting what's there at the time the pic was taken. So if there were 12 lbs of gold on the kitchen table it should show up in the pic lost or not. That's how I do it.

I'll have to explain sometime...been busy changing to broadband Internet. But I ran out of time because it was already noon Saturday. I did know which coins were Spanish. I intended to put another color circle around the silver coins giving that kind of hit. I see where other dowsers got a hit, it was where a hit for Spanish coin...but not the right coin. I wanted to check the coins then marked Spanish with 2 circles, except never finished since past noon. I decided to post anyway...would have had everything marked...so, was left with some unidentified blue circles with black Xs.

Your going to faint when you see the photos I took of the coins...I had no idea how nice these coins are, get some pics up soon. :icon_sunny:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 8reales_front.jpg
    8reales_front.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 8reales_frontXL1.jpg
    8reales_frontXL1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 401
  • 8reales_frontXL2.jpg
    8reales_frontXL2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 8reales_back.jpg
    8reales_back.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 2reales_front.jpg
    2reales_front.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 2reales_back.jpg
    2reales_back.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 390

ol hunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2011
this is my first posting on dowsers i use to be fairly good at it a man named cold cash collins in oklahoma gave me advice along with how to build y rod did anyone know this man?

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Map dowsers - put your skills to the test? Round 2

Looks like the ground has thawed and Spring is just around the corner so time to try this again for those who would like to give it a shot. I will plan on posting the details and map dowsing image on Saturday 19 Feb NLT 6pm EDT. There will be clear rules this time to avoid (hopefully) any misunderstandings. The target will be gold. If there are any questions prior to the kick-off, post them here.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
Just noticed this thread. I did dowse it and got a strong reading on the map where Red Desert had three red circles and one blue circle, next to the plowed field. There is some silver buried there for sure.It is probably too deep for a metal detector, though.Good Luck. rockhound

There are a couple buttons plus other relics marked by R, then the 2 large circle Xs, I got a depth...think it was about 5-6 feet deep on both, one had a strong silver signal. Now, I have a map with all the gold signals already marked...but not about to post it, would be against the new rules no doubt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread