Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone wishes to give these two mountains a try I would sure appreciate it. I have no dowsing ability whatsoever, but I have hunted these area off and on since 1969, with no results. It's a big area and rough on the ground. I don't know what info y'all need but I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks.

Attachments

• tws.jpg
    tws.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 330

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey RGINN..I get a Treasure marker on the rocks. This is in the bottom right ¼ of the map. I also think that the treasure is less than 2 miles to the north. Dowsing off the map works for me sometimes..Art

Attachments

• zzz2.jpg
    zzz2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 337
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. I haven't spent much time in that area as I always seemed pulled to the area of the west mountain. Like I said, I didn't know what info you guys might need and I don't want to give away the location. Some info: the Spanish were in the area in the 1700's. An old Spanish trail across the country passes near there. One of the the large cattle trails passes near there. And an old trail/military road passes south of there. Those are the facts. Here's the treasure story part. Supposedly Spanish gold miners, who were either mining or transporting gold in the area were attacked by Indians in the early 1800's. The Indians took some of the gold and buried it in this area. Markings attributed to Jesse James were found in the area. I only have stories of the one treasure there and the only clue is something about a flat rock, which narrows it right down to only about a gazillion spots. This is not some sort of a set up or trick post; I suppose I'd like one last shot of inspiration. The place has changed hands I guess and I haven't attempted to contact the new owner and get back in. But I might, if I get inspired enough.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey RGINN..the markings on the rock were Spanish…I did not want to expose that fact. Most people think that the Spanish were only out west..they are wrong. Could you put a map on here or e-mail one to [email protected] ? Maybe the area 5 miles north of these rocks…Art

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a cave or cavern on the west mountain we know about but no luck there. From what I've seen so far, I spent way too much time lookin around the west mountain over the years. That's awful rough country and the west hill was a little more accessible, but not much. Thanks.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RGINN,
My dowse revealed in or near the green circle is a gold coin cache.
Blue circles are silver coin caches with some gold coins.
I picked up that these are in rotted leather saddlebags and hidden in rock crevices.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• twstnetrginndowsed.jpg
    twstnetrginndowsed.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 215

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was picking up a signal area, marked by yellow Xs and a circle. Do you have a close up of that spot? Any chance of a cave being there?

Also picked up something in the top right of this cropped section. Might be a rich source of mineral resources. Any know silver veins this location?

Attachments

• tws-map.jpg
    tws-map.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 191
  • tws-mapcrop1.jpg
    tws-mapcrop1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 205

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN,
I've sent you another PM back. Here is the silver vein you mentioned, too bad for years of searching that left mountain, turned up nothing. The reports you'd heard of silver being found on that side of the mountain must be true. Now that you have moved, far away...at least now there is the dowsing confirmation of silver.

Attachments

• tws-mapcrop2.jpg
    tws-mapcrop2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 171

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread