Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
I will be going out to do some extensive search on the property in 2 weeks. I knew the first time I saw the 2 mounds I had this feeling something is/was there of importance. I now got to print out teh photos with the marks/places to look, but I am soon going to get a 2 box to take with me just in case.

That is a lot of ground to cover, so hopefully something will show up! Or should I say "DUG UP"! :laughing7:

I have a profile at MyTribalSpace.com because there is a little Cherokee blood from both my parents. In parts of Texas Native Americans had used old mine shafts to store gold and silver, amounts even believed to have been many, many cartloads. Then too, other tribes had placed cartloads of treasure with Indian chiefs, perhaps in a cave burial as recorded in certain legends.

I never checked out to see where this site is located, but Indians throughout the southwest raided the Spanish mule pack trains moving treasure. I'm not saying this site contains such a cache...these type of caches do exist and are quite possible.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
~CanadianTrout~
As I said I'm not trying to be confrontational... but I think all this just begs the question, "What gives man?"
How can this be explained?

As one of the many map dowsers I will try to answer this…I don’t know where the information comes from or do I care..I have been right enough times that it is worth their time and energy to check it out..And..I say Thank you after each map to the powers that be…Art

All of us have different beliefs as to why dowsing works. We all use L-rods and pendulums and will agree that the operator needs to be part of the process, but that is where the similarities end.
There are many correct ways to dowse. All of us picture items of the search differently and ask questions differently. Each person has to figure out what works for them if they are to be successful to themselves and others.
Jon

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wellllllll ok, thanks for the replies. I'm still not clear on how a guy can post a pic of his property and half a dozen dowsers all claim completely different types of targets scattered across the map in totally different locations.

So either one guys is reasonabley correct, or everyone is way wrong. There's just no way that all these targets exisit where all the dowsers say they are.

I looked through the first dozen or so threads in this section of the forums and every guy that came here an posted a pic of some land ALL got positive feedback. I dont recall one dowser (from what I saw) EVER say "Sorry, I dont think there is anything there". Everyone of them said ya dig here, look for gold, dig there, large cashe 3' deep. Like, really?

I believe there is buried treasure around but jeez man, theres no way every plot/pic of land posted here contains multitudes of targets in numerous locations as indicated by many threads here.

I'm still confused...

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
It’s real simple to explain..If you don’t want to use a map dowser just don’t..if I don’t find anything on the property (this happens all the time) most of the time I post nothing…As far as the accuracy goes. I have been right on to 3/10 of a mile wrong…I don’t know what feed back the other map dowsers get but most of the time it is favorable...Jon is right…You have to word every question carefully and understand what your device is telling you.
Check this site…Learn and give it a try.. http://thunting.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=826be5ce3ba089704aaf45a7886923b7&topic=329.0

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
aarthrj3811 said:
It’s real simple to explain..If you don’t want to use a map dowser just don’t..if I don’t find anything on the property (this happens all the time) most of the time I post nothing…As far as the accuracy goes. I have been right on to 3/10 of a mile wrong…I don’t know what feed back the other map dowsers get but most of the time it is favorable...Jon is right…You have to word every question carefully and understand what your device is telling you.
Check this site…Learn and give it a try.. http://thunting.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=826be5ce3ba089704aaf45a7886923b7&topic=329.0

Ok, thanks. I will check that site out right now. Why don't you guys somehow charge for your services? I mean you put your time and energy into someone else's project (and I'm told many times get favourable replies from people) but woul;dnt it be fair to charge something for your services? Its just the way the world works...

When I get home from work I'm considering posting a pic of a tributary that leads into a bigger river in my area. I have a couple different sources that site the same 'treasure story". its within a 1/2 hour of where I live and would like to poke around there in teh summer. Guess i should have asked the "charging for services" question later, eh? lol

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When I get home from work I'm considering posting a pic of a tributary that leads into a bigger river in my area. I have a couple different sources that site the same 'treasure story". its within a 1/2 hour of where I live and would like to poke around there in teh summer. Guess i should have asked the "charging for services" question later, eh? lol

Hey CanadianTrout… Do it..You have nothing to lose except for a little effort while you enjoy the great out doors…Some charge and some do not..I don ‘t charge but when I get a check in the mail I do not turn it down..Before I learned how to do the maps on my computer screen I was spending 100s of dollars a month on ink. Map
Map Dowsing is the only time that I use Mental input for Treasure Hunting..Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CanadianTrout said:
aarthrj3811 said:

Ok, thanks. I will check that site out right now. Why don't you guys somehow charge for your services? I mean you put your time and energy into someone else's project (and I'm told many times get favourable replies from people) but woul;dnt it be fair to charge something for your services? Its just the way the world works...

Well I think it's against Forum rules to publicly ask for money in exchange for dowsing services in this part of the Forum. If the person posting wants to help us out a little financially that would be between the person posting and the dowser. Once you make a public post for a dowse then it's for anyone who wants to help out whatever the skill level.
I think over in this "world" most if not all the dowsers feel that they dowse beacause it brings them personal fulfillment as the only way they can contribute to the hobby and at the same time learn from one another.
Should anything more become of it then that is fine too.
Hope to see your post soon,
Jon

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~Jon`
because it brings them personal fulfillment as the only way they can contribute to the hobby and at the same time learn from one another.
Thank you Jon…I am 71 years old and in poor health..I have enjoyed the hobby of finding gold and recovering it since 1981..I feel very fulfilled when I learn of someone’s success..I love passing on the knowledge I have learned through trial and error process over the years..Wrong or right I will keep doing this..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
~Jon`
because it brings them personal fulfillment as the only way they can contribute to the hobby and at the same time learn from one another.
Thank you Jon…I am 71 years old and in poor health..I have enjoyed the hobby of finding gold and recovering it since 1981..I feel very fulfilled when I learn of someone’s success..I love passing on the knowledge I have learned through trial and error process over the years..Wrong or right I will keep doing this..Art

Signals aren't always what they seem. I only dowsed a part of the map. I did pick up some religious artifacts which I'd never mentioned. It's just that this part of the map didn't produce any gold or silver signals for me. But the areas outside of where I dowsed, who knows what might be out there...I think the religious artifacts that I picked up were probably Indian pots or broked pieces of a pot. Then again Indians might hide stuff in a pot, you never know. Sometimes Indian caches are nothing more than a bunch of flint scrapers.

Anyway, I've had my share of trial and error experiences too!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just took time to scan the entire top map in this thread, that would be the very 1st photo. It's mostly the same area I posted my hits. I started with gold or silver caches, answer no. Then caches and got a couple signals up in that one area again. Checked for coins, no again. Must be some kind of Indian caches. Checked for placer gold, only place in that photo was one spot in the bottom left corner. Didn't try to detect if it was there naturally, or perhaps gravel hauled in from another location for a road or highway.

Really should try doing some research of local legends and see what turns up.

I just noticed reading up the thread about the 2 mounds. I had totally missed that before dowsing...no knowledge of it until recently, after reading one of the last couple comments. I somehow missed the part of the tree markings too. Whatever it is, must be off in a different location, keep searching, could be something close or even over a hill.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started checking the other maps and when I got to this one, got a really interesting signal. Any chance of a cave or place you could put something here?

Attachments

• Property3-mapcrop.jpg
    Property3-mapcrop.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 248
OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks as though I won't be detecting the property after all! I was going to go this week and detect it with the owner and then I learned the owner had died on April the 4th! Young age at 54. The daughter and uncle locked up the property so no one can get on it!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't up hope. Maybe things will calm down towards the end of this year and you can go out there.
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread