If map readers were fair dinkum???

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As an old hand at dowsing including successful map and photo reading re any of the map dowsers offering their services for nothing, they will never know if they were close as the t/t humters are never going to tell them if they were spot on. The whole concept of asking someone to pinpoint a fortune without reward is rediculous without being there when digging.. Been there and done it and am now much wiser and to trust the t/hunter to be honest and acknowledge or reward the dowser if successful is wishfull thinking in fairy land. Max

NorthWind

Jun 21, 2006
I understand where you're coming from. But why do you think it's without reward? I've heard people say that they just like to dowse. That's their reward. And if there's anything there, well, I know of at least one person who would - quietly and without being asked - reward someone if they helped locate something of value.

I think you're being a little unfair in your blanket judgement.

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Well for one thing, I have had some dowse my place (Thank you to all of you that have) and if I find something of value, I will ofcourse share some of it with the dowser that got the spot.
I haven't been hunting in a while as to cold or busy and now I hurt my shoulder. :'( Doctors appointment tomorrow. ;D
But if a when I do find something, I will be most happy to share. After all if it wasn't for the person dowsing, I wouldn't be able to know to look. :thumbsup:
Fair is fair in my book! :thumbsup:
Hoping to be back out hunting in the next week or so as weather is starting to turn like Spring down here. ;D
Joy

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Northwind and Joy..I am enjoying what I do..If I help someone in the process it makes it all worth while..In the first place most of the time I do not know what tools the person has and if they know how to use them…While using my personal Dowsed maps I have learned that there is always something in the area…What I say is there is not always correct. I give people a starting point then it is up to them.
I wish that I could get more input from the people but I understand how treasure hunters think. And yes..I have had some good reports from people....Art

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the majority of map dowsers who map dowse could really dowse and not just watch a gadjet twirl they would be busy chasing and digging up their own finds. Max

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
Max,
Everyone has a right to computer time. :wink: We can't be in the field all the time! I know I can't. I have a herd and I have a ranch to run and dowsing and MDing is last on the list when I have the time to do it. I am sure we all have busy things that we also do that we don't share on here.
We all have a life to live and its not all treasure hunting.
Its good to talk to others about what we have done or doing! Now wouldn't you a gree on that? ;D

Now Max, Tell me, why are you so negitive on dowsing. Its not hurting anyone, no one at all!
It would be great for everyone to just get along. As you know we can agree to disagree! :tongue3: Thats life.
By the Way, Happy Valentines day, Max ;D I hope your having a wonderful day. :thumbsup:
Life is good enjoy it to the fullest! :thumbsup:

Oh and to the others folks on here, I should be out treasure hunting next week. I went to the Doctor for my arm and he fixed me up good!
Happy Valentines day to yaw'll too! ;D
Joy

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If the majority of map dowsers who map dowse could really dowse and not just watch a gadjet twirl they would be busy chasing and digging up their own finds. Max

Darn Max...I thought you might tell us what you found during the solar storm..Art

This alert is from the Rice Space Institute issued on Mon Feb 14 19:50:01 GMT 2011

ACE Solar Wind observations warrant condition RED

Trigger Boyle index (kV): 234.090000

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boomeyada, Im sorry getting to get you all involved in this. however its only me having a shot at Art who hasnt got the faintest idea what he is talking about in regards to dowsing. He is a computaholic not a dowser. MAX

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000
aussie 1 said:
Boomeyada, Im sorry getting to get you all involved in this. however its only me having a shot at Art who hasnt got the faintest idea what he is talking about in regards to dowsing. He is a computaholic not a dowser. MAX
Ofcourse if you and Art like to pick at each other out of sheer fun, then have at it. ;D
Joy

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aussie 1 said:
As an old hand at dowsing including successful map and photo reading re any of the map dowsers offering their services for nothing, they will never know if they were close as the t/t humters are never going to tell them if they were spot on. The whole concept of asking someone to pinpoint a fortune without reward is rediculous without being there when digging.. Been there and done it and am now much wiser and to trust the t/hunter to be honest and acknowledge or reward the dowser if successful is wishfull thinking in fairy land. Max

If map readers were fair and genuine? I feel we are since it starts with a map/photo dowse.
What's not fair and genuine about posting finds on a picture?
When we post locations on a picture that is our answer provided by dowsing.
Dowsers sensitivities to items are far greater than any metal detector.
Some of the items that a dowsing rod responds to are at greater depths than a standard metal detector will register.
Some of the items rest in ground that a dowsing rod will penetrate where a metal detector can't.
After posting, we sometimes never really know what happens. It's out there and done, you can't turn the clock back.
Were not the ones out in the field checking to see what is there.
It is this person who is faced with what to do about something that is recovered.
We are relying on the person's skills in the field to verify what is there.
There are a lot of people that really don't know what to do once they get to the site.
Some areas you can't even get into for various reasons.
There are a lot of people who don't have the correct equipment to do a complete search.
Trust goes both ways with this.
If a persons practice is to act unethically, then over time they will fail.

For anyone wanting to know the meaning of the words Max uses, check out:
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Jon

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Art, you can try dowsing now as we are having our first dowsing session in nearly seven years. Keep as much of your dowsing equipment inside your EMF aura as possible and you will find that the wait has been worthwhile. You wont have to apologise to me as look at all the fun you have had making up all those big shot tales dowsing to nowhere. I dont reckon that your calculator lrl will work but you can have some fun trying. Max

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I hope you have success after waiting for 7 years..I will just keep on using my old fashion methods…Art

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its actually 6 years and 4 months and i managed to dowse 3 nights ago. As far as you using your old fashioned method, there is no such thing as an old fashion or new fashion method.
There is only dowsing period which is mentally seeking a target. you are still brainwashed by Dell.
Max

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
aussie 1 said:

Max, I hate to say it but I read 'old hand' as cynical. Now, maybe justifiably so. But I have asked both Art and Jon to dowse maps for me in the past and I can assure you that the honour system is alive and well with me. Whatever I ever find, in fact if I ever win the Lottery or other, both gentlemen would be looked after as that is exactly what they are; gentlemen.

I am quite sure a good dowser can dowse the sincerity of the requester also.

You are right to be paranoid where treasure and trust is concerned. But wrong to black and white it to 100% Max. Life thrives on exceptions and anomalies. But I would say the honour system is even higher than a mere exception. Most people are pretty good at heart. Any map dowser has a sense of who they are dealing with and are mature adults who think for themselves.

Do you feel the world is lessened as a result of someone else's actions? Sounds like a scarcity mindset to me; which no old hand should tolerate.

I am always intrigued by your posts and follow your dowsing knowledge enthusiastically. Perhaps I am a little naive, but I sense people in the small things and trust them in the large ones therefore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread