Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Map dowsers - put your skills to the test? Round 2

Round 2 is open to anyone that wants to try their dowsing abilities.

Guidelines:
The target is gold and has historical significance as is valued at over $350.00. Concentrate on the target. If anyone needs a visual image of the target, send me a PM and I will send a photo of the target to you.

The target is not buried inside or under a structure on the property.

I have overlayed a grid on the area where the target is located is buried in the ground. Each grid square is approx. 25ft x25ft.

The target location was selected by throwing a dart at the image from 12.5 ft away.

I was not able to arrange for an aerial photo to be taken after I buried the target so the Google Earth image is all you have to work with. This challenge is intended for map dowsers using “traditional” dowsing techniques (rods, pendulums, finger, etc). The challenge is open to anyone, of course, and I regret I cannot accommodate in any other way those that use electronic devices.

There will be awards for two runner-ups in addition to the main award.

If you cannot abide by all of the following rules, then please do not participate.

If you do not abide by all of the following rules your submission will be disqualified.

Rules:
1. Only Forum Members can submit.
2. One (1) dowsed location per Forum Member only - only 1 submission. So, pick and submit your best “hit” – not all of them.
3. Mark the target location by placing an “X” only in the grid square where you dowsed the target – do not provide any amplifying information. See example.
4. Location must be within the boundaries of a 25 ft grid square of the location of the target to be accepted as a "hit".
5. If only one person gets the correct grid square wherein the target is located, then that person gets the target.
6. If more than one person submits a target “hit” in the same grid square, there will be a second round for them only, to submit another “hit” - the person closest to the target within the grid square will get the target.
7. Dowsers should “crop” the image that contains their dowsed target locations and post that rather than the entire area image – make sure you include a few of the surrounding grid squares so I can identify the location.
8. Submit the target locations on the last day (01 March 2011 by 6pm EDT) of the challenge – not before. Submissions must be posted on the forum thread. If for any reason someone cannot post on the last day, I will accept submissions prior to the last day via PM and I will hold them until the last day, I will post them to the thread on the last day.
9. The challenge will close on 01 March 2011 at 6pm EDT. That gives you 10 DAYS.

Attachments

• test_area_2.jpg
    test_area_2.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 541
  • target_mark_example.jpg
    target_mark_example.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 480
OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Map dowsers - put your skills to the test? Round 2

woof! said:
Deepsecrets, could you perhaps be persuaded to change the submission date to the 28th?

--Toto

Toto - please see rule #8.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other

Deep, here's what I was about to post before you and Bill jumped in:

It was looking interesting up through item 7. But the 29th I'm gonna be out of town. I'll check the thread on the 30th to see how it all came out.

-Toto

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks there should be 30 days in Feb!!! :laughing7:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have one question. Did you place the target there days earlier or at the time of your post?

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert said:
I have one question. Did you place the target there days earlier or at the time of your post?

Hi Red - the target was buried on the 18th Feb.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

deepsecrets said:
Red_desert said:

Hi Red - the target was buried on the 18th Feb.

Thanks! So, the dart should have been thrown soon before or at least a few days earlier at the most. It means a recent target signal, all that I wanted to know. Thanks again Deepsecrets.

NorthWind

Jun 21, 2006

OK, first off, let me say that I've never done this before, and I don't expect to beat out any of the really, really talented folks who have been doing this for much longer than I have ever known about it. But, the prize would be really nice to win. Not so much the target, though that is very generous, but knowing I can do it is what would really be of value. Maybe I could help someone someday. I also want to wish everyone good success.

With that said, I submit my picture...

Attachments

• target.jpg
    target.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 373
OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi Northwind - thanks for giving this a try. Unfortunately, there was the following rule in place:
8. Submit the target locations on the last day (01 March 2011 by 6pm EDT) of the challenge – not before. Submissions must be posted on the forum thread. If for any reason someone cannot post on the last day, I will accept submissions prior to the last day via PM and I will hold them until the last day, I will post them to the thread on the last day.

So, I have to disqualify your submission ( and I really would rather not do so) but I took a lot of grief from others on the last challenge about not sticking to my own rules - so, thanks and I'm sorry :'(

NorthWind

Jun 21, 2006

No, no, no, Deepsecrets!

Don't feel bad. It was my mistake. I'm sorry. I should have read closer. I thought I did. See what happens when you try to quit smoking? LOL

Again, my apologies. My sincere apologies.

-NW

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NorthWind said:
OK, first off, let me say that I've never done this before, and I don't expect to beat out any of the really, really talented folks who have been doing this for much longer than I have ever known about it. But, the prize would be really nice to win. Not so much the target, though that is very generous, but knowing I can do it is what would really be of value. Maybe I could help someone someday. I also want to wish everyone good success.

With that said, I submit my picture...

Isn't the X too large? Anyway Northwind, if all you want to know is that you can hit a target...look at the other thread where, the first photo with the red circles good for metal detecting. I think you make a direct hit on one of them.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar

Wish the best to the winner! I won't be trying because of the type of dowsing I do. can't wait to see who wins..

rogerdale

Greenie
Nov 6, 2007

Here is my dowsed location.

Attachments

• test_area_2 copy.jpg
    test_area_2 copy.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 262

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tim Williams said:
Wish the best to the winner! I won't be trying because of the type of dowsing I do. can't wait to see who wins..

It's not who wins. it should be rather "improving your skills". Large circle, are you using rotation of the pendulum for a location? Pendulum rotation can mean yes...but to me is not a location. Close yes, maybe a slight bit more continuing in moving your hand (while rotating) in that direction, would allow the pendulum to start swinging toward a spot. Anyway, get better or add new methods, whatever is needed to get results.

I have 3:32 PM here, what is the posting time for the photo?

OP
OP
deepsecrets

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please post your results on the forum by 6pm EDT.

Thanks

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was trying to find the difference between it and here at my time. Guess I'll just post now.

Attachments

• test_area_2x.jpg
    test_area_2x.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 259

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hurry and crop it down so others don't see where, remember the new...small X too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread