You map dowsers are wasting your time

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except for the odd fluke of an occasional EMF emission striking some particular point of earth where a dowser has his rod in his hands at that particular moment and is attempting to dowse, most of you would be dowsers would be better off catching up with your home maintanance before the predicted solar flares which power dowsing begin in earnest between now and 2012.
A lot of you dont want to know the rules of dowsing which is hiding your heads in the sand.
It rediculous waving a rod in your hands and saying " i am a dowser" with your chest puffed out.
When dowsing conditions begin to prevail, if you organise NOAA to e-mail you when conditions are ok for dowsing you will find out that you will have time to finish mowing the lawn as EMF storms can last for weeks.

Dowsing conditions last about 4 years out of every eleven year solar cycle. And that 4 years is when you can dowse. We are about to enter our third solar cycle dowsing since I have been successfully been dowsing and 2012 is the centre of this present upcoming cycle.

In 1985 dowsing was strong with continuous solar flares powering my rods so you cannot judge to the day when the next era of dowsing will commence.

Nassa has satelites orbiting the earth for the past 2 years also waiting for the usual midterm burst of sunbursts as the last thing they want is a strong solar flare or a series of them which will affect satelite performance. What will suit dowsers but could affect detrimentally our way of life for months at a time.

What about the poor buggers in the space station with having to contend with excessive radiation.

Imagine your favorite Tv show cutting out in the middle of a performance or your gps failing at a critical moment.

In the early 20th century an excessive solar storm hit earth. As it hits the northern atmosphere first, Canada copped it first and the most. Power lines burnt out, anything electrical was effected including morse code apparatus was burnt out. They didnt have TVs and computors and mobile phones that would be vunerable at that time.
Most of our computerised era has been built up over the past eleven years with much of it dependant on solar flares staying placid. No one knows what the outcome could be over the next 1-2 years as we enter the serious section of solar flare eruption.
Good luck to you would be dowsers , save your petrol (gas) until you can dowse properly at the right time of this nearly present dowsing cycle.
Max

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing sounds like interesting stuff---but a friend and I have experimented with several bought and several homemade dowsing rods and locators---ZILCH! Not one red cent was found using the equipment while I was watching and using such "Dowsing" tools-----I trust a good metal detector and though I'd love to see results from directional locators and such, I haven't seen the slightest proof that gold and silver can be found using these tools--I've even had what seems like pulls or tugs toward some known object on ground,etc. But when it comes to a search for some unknown object---ZILCH----NODA --- NOTHING!

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you do not take time to LEARN your rod or power rod etc. It will never happen! You gotta practice and more practice etc to ever get to becomming proficient with a rod or dowse instrument. And if u are lucky at it and then put it away for a while u must re practice to be good at it again.I don't like saying that but it's true.

OP
OP
A

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus the power source for dowsing is solar flares. No solar flares, no dowsing.
Aussie 1

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Plus the power source for dowsing is solar flares. No solar flares, no dowsing.
Aussie 1
Like we have told you before..If that what it takes for you to dowses just keep on waiting..Art

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been dowsing utility lines for the last 20 years, no problems. Thanks to some great guys on here I am now hitting coins and such,and getting pretty good. As they have not, I dont understand how solar flares are supposed to hinder me.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey pops46...When the Solar Flares are big the rods will react stronger for me..When there are no solar flares they will react normally. Some people just think that you can not dowse with out solar flares..If you want to test if they will close stronger check this web site...Art
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today.html

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Art. I understand it now. Since I have not had any problems, thought that maybe I had to wear an aluminum hat or something. LOL

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
And yet somehow it's impossible to dowse with a magnetic compass, since it's actually designed to respond to magnetic fields and insofar as is practical not to respond to other influences such as gravity and minor hand movements.

Meanwhile, dowsing rods are designed to produce a torque resulting from nonparallelism of the gravitational field and the pivot axis, the pivot axis being controlled by a human hand, no consideration of the effect of magnetic fields on the apparatus being employed in the design because the person who designed it doesn't know anything about magnetic fields.

That's what the two things are, by design and by necessity.

Fortunately, nobody needs to pretend that a magnetic compass is something other than what it actually is. Then there's dowsing rods........ for some reason, most dowsers feel compelled to create elaborate fairy tales about what they are and how they work, rather than to simply admit to the part that's obvious and to admit to not understanding the part that's mysterious.

A few years ago I posted in the old TNet forum a revolutionary proposition: "dowsing without alabis". It works like this: a failed dowse is a failed dowse. So, you say the following words: "I wasn't any good at it today." None of this blaming it on imaginary influences, or saying you've located something but there's no way to prove it.

-Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Whatever you imagine in your fancy, you believe that makes it what it is. That way of thinking is common among pseudoscience dowser apologists. And since it's all about fancy, in dowsing there's a bewildering array of pseudoscience to choose from. Rather than any collective quest to actually understand the phenomenon which would require some disciplined weeding out of bad ideas, the pseudoscience apologists keep the peace with the attitude that all pseudoscience is equally valid -- an attitude which in its own way is actually true since it's all pseudoscience.

The phenomenon of dowsing is worthy of investigation and rational explanation. However, most folks who prefer rational thinking see what mainstream dowsers say and assume the whole thing is complete bunk. And rational folks who bother to probe past the superstitious smokescreen, are ridiculed and condemned by the superstitious ringleaders! With dowsers as a whole wanting the whole thing to stay stuck in superstition, stuck in superstition is where it stays.

--Toto

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have dowsed clay sewer lines with no sand around them (nothing magnetic) and no solar flares going on. Don't know how it works or why, I just know it works for me!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Since anything can be dowsed, regardless what it's made of, it should be rather obvious that dowsing does not depend on a physical interaction between the object and the dowsing apparatus. Nor for that matter does dowsing depend strictly on the apparatus: the apparatus is merely a convenience, and I suppose that some dowsers (at least one for sure) have dowsed with no apparatus at all.

But what's obvious is not what people want, they want elaborate fantasies. So elaborate fantasies are what prevail in dowsing.

And with the practice being based on fantasies, not only is it possible for a dowser to be completely incompetent and not realize it it, that would appear to be the norm. Just like gamblers who have all kinds of fanciful theories about how luck works, and regard themselves as savvy gamblers, yet somehow they're always neck deep in gambling debts. The objective fact they're no good at it doesn't register with them, because their fantasies are a lot more fun than the painful facts.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof!~
Gee woof...From your post I will assume that you know nothing about Dowsing..or what you think you know about dowsing is all incorrect information disseminated on Skeptic web sites. You are welcome here but the object of this board is to discuss Dowsing and learn from each others experience. ..Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmmm........ the guy to whom I was replying appears to have deleted his posts to which I was replying. (Don't think it was the mods whodunit, I didn't see anything in his posts that would seem to have warranted admin intervention.)

--Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
pops46 said:
I have dowsed clay sewer lines with no sand around them (nothing magnetic) and no solar flares going on. Don't know how it works or why, I just know it works for me!

Folks, sit up and notice, here seems to be a fellow who doesn't need a bunch of fairy tale pseudoscience to dowse. And without fairy tales to blame failures on, he probably pays attention to actual results and improves his skills by actually learning from failures.

And, the "clay pipes" thing suggests that he's actually acquainted with the business end of a shovel, unlike these guys who are always "finding" vast quantities of gold which however is too "micron" or "too deep" to produce any actual evidence of.

I'm just reading a lot into a short post. Look forward to hearing more of his side of the story.

--Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Signal, you were thinking that I somehow "got your posts deleted"? Gee, I don't even have that power! You and the moderators are the ones who have that power. Inasmuch as I don't know any reason why the mods would have taken issue with the posts in question, the safest assumption is that you deleted your posts, but that's only an assumption and I don't actually know. Maybe it was the mods. If it was the mods, I hope they'll restore your posts if they have the means to do that. Of course if you don't want them restored, that's between you and the mods.

--Toto

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
woof where I work you hit it you fix it..so you had better be right. There are some guys that say it doesn't work, I'll tell them where it is how deep(within a little less than a foot) and if it's sewer which way it's flowing. I am working with gold and coins now. I threw 40 dollars on the ground for 2 guys to dowse and told them to think about the money they hit it and were amazed! after a couple times I hid it 1 guy found it ,but he is also a better dowser than#2. But on the bad side it cost me 4 double cheeseburgers when they saw the 40.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Pops, thanks for your story. Sure beats most of the fanciful stuff I read from the treasure hunting crowd.

I've been on the equipment end of both treasure hunting and utility locating for more than 30 years, and lemmee tellya, when it comes to dowsing, the quality of the stories is a whole lot different. Most of the guys who dowse for utilities do it because they tried it and it worked for them, they know it worked because they have to ground truth their locates. A peculiarity of treasure hunting dowsing is that even if it actually works no better than random chance, dowsers develop elaborate alibi systems to explain away their own failures, believing themselves to be successful and therefore having no way to learn to achieve results better than random chance.

You'll probably run into the assertion from "skeptics" that when tested under scientifically controlled conditions, dowsing doesn't work. I happen to agree with that conclusion, I just happen to disagree with the customary extrapolation that if it doesn't work under scientifically controlled conditions, it doesn't work at all.

--Toto

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread