$1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
www.randi.org

James Randi's foundation has one million dollars sitting in escrow, and anyone who can prove they can dowse in a scientific experiment can go home with it. It is real, it is there, and it is yours.

All you have to do is prove you can dowse. Just because Randi is a professional skeptic, doesn't mean he won't accept your claim. Go to the web site. READ THE RULES. Go home with a million bucks.

Now, it has to be done is a properly scientific experiment. You tell him what you can do. You work with him (or the foundation) to determine the means of testing. Then you do what you say you can. It's that easy!

Note: a scientific study requires a double-blind experiment. If you say you can find a dime in one of ten boxes, the other nine being empty, then someone else will place a dime in one of the ten boxes, leave the room, you come in and find the dime. If you can do this repeatedly and without fail, say, ten times in a row, you are a million dollars richer. That's all there is to it. No scam. No lie. It's his reputation on the line, not yours. Easy, right? So, instead of arguing about it here, prove it. Put his money where your mouth is. What have you got to lose? NOTHING!!! What have you got to gain? A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Note: a scientific study requires a double-blind experiment. If you say you can find a dime in one of ten boxes, the other nine being empty, then someone else will place a dime in one of the ten boxes, leave the room, you come in and find the dime. If you can do this repeatedly and without fail, say, ten times in a row, you are a million dollars richer. That's all there is to it. No scam. No lie. It's his reputation on the line, not yours. Easy, right? So, instead of arguing about it here, prove it. Put his money where your mouth is. What have you got to lose? NOTHING!!! What have you got to gain? A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

You forgot an important fact....Randi is a MAGICIAN and the show must go on....Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
You forgot an important fact....Randi is a MAGICIAN and the show must go on....Art
So, is Randi going to "magically" make the test fail?
By the way Art, magicians don't really saw women in half and make elephants disappear.

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Read the rules. They are so full of conditions and expenses on ones' part - travel, doctors, postage, etc. etc., that I estimate it would cost an individual $$$$1000's of his own money to prove his ability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This does not look like a serious challenge at all.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee guys...Dowsing is so easy..All you have to do is think of the target and your Ideomotor Response will make it happen. Maybe since you guys are the experts you should make some bent wires and practice for about 5 minutes and go get the money...Art

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
The necessity to suspend disbelieft is probably why dowsers seldom do well in organized tests. Dowsers seem to pick up and respond to the negative energies from skeptics and fail to achieve their usual results.

As you can test with yourself, your mind and others around you can affect the dowsing.

Like map dowsing, put a penny down and tell yourself it's an object you are trying to locate and you'll get a reaction over it, tell your self it's not and you won't. People around you can do this to you to.

My cousin was learning how to dowse and he was trying to date Olof Ohman's house, when it was built. Now after I and others dowsed we established the date to be around 1880 or something, I can't remember. But when he was doing it I was focusing on like 1830 and I don't know why, the number just struck me and kind of put me in a trance and he got a very strong reaction to that.

He was somewhat discouraged because of his failure and I suspected possibly I had altered his results but wasn't sure, now I've read other material on the subconcious and can see that this can be easily done.

ssrjunkie

Nov 14, 2004
Philippines
I quote from the site, "In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test."

In this sense, the Foundation may opt not to continue the proper test if they find it successful in the first place. What a catch.

Anyway, we can only prove to find gold in the open not hidden under ground.

Unfortunately, we are far from the U.S. We're in the Philippnes.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! There are so many BS quotes here, I don't know where to begin! Let's see? How about:

1. You forgot an important fact....Randi is a MAGICIAN and the show must go on....Art
Gee! Because he is a magician, that means he would be able to spot fakers! Shouldn't be a problem for you guys with real talent!

2. Read the rules. They are so full of conditions and expenses on ones' part - travel, doctors, postage, etc. etc., that I estimate it would cost an individual $$$$1000's of his own money to prove his ability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This does not look like a serious challenge at all.
I invest in many things! If I knew I could invest $5000 with a guaranteed return of $1,000,000, I would beg, borrow, or steal the initial monies. The initial investment is most likely one thing used to weed out the fakers. Nobody who fakes their talent will want to risk getting caught and losing that money.

3. Gee guys...Dowsing is so easy..All you have to do is think of the target and your Ideomotor Response will make it happen. Maybe since you guys are the experts you should make some bent wires and practice for about 5 minutes and go get the money...Art
We're not the ones who said we could do this every time!

4. The necessity to suspend disbelieft is probably why dowsers seldom do well in organized tests. Dowsers seem to pick up and respond to the negative energies from skeptics and fail to achieve their usual results.
I'm sure randi would allow you to be surrounded with friends and fellow believers.

5. I quote from the site, "In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test."

In this sense, the Foundation may opt not to continue the proper test if they find it successful in the first place. What a catch.

Unfortunately, we are far from the U.S. We're in the Philippnes.
I don't know what to say about this one?!? The initial test is just a quick one to make sure they don't waste their time with an easy to spot faker. It's not going to turn away a person with real talent. You can only find gold in the open, and not underground????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
ME TOO! Put gold 20 feet underground, and I may not find it either! Put it in the open (in a field), and I'll bet I could find it too! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have to quote that one again:

WOW!

Mike

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Some of what the skeptics have told me

I was in a known gold producing area....The state of Nevada.
I was by myself so I can't prove I found it.
Some one was near me so it was an information leak.
Prove you can find gold in an area where there is none.

I was at a demonstration last weekend and found out how rude and obnoxious these people can be and what they will do to prove their point..Art

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Gollom and other disbelievers:

Do you often put down that which you do not understand????
Open your mind, let new ideas come in. That is the way to true salvation.
Have you ever seen God perform miracles? yet you believe.
Enough said.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midas777gold said:
Gollom and other disbelievers:

Do you often put down that which you do not understand????
Open your mind, let new ideas come in. That is the way to true salvation.
Have you ever seen God perform miracles? yet you believe.
Enough said.

Come on Midas,

You obviously haven't read any of my previous posts about dowsing!

You assume too much! I believe that dowsing does work. I don't believe that there are a lot of people who can do it. Go back to the Ranger-Tell Examiner Thread. I grew up with friends in the oil business. Even with all the hundreds of millions of dollars they spend on equipment, they still hire professional dowsers for exploratory work. If they didn't get results, they would never spend the money they do for the dowsers.

The only thing I have a problem with is that people say that they can dowse accurately all the time. I just say, if this is so, then why not go and collect the Challenge Money? Don't sit here arguing with me about how good you are. Just run and collect the money. The headlines in the L.A. Times will be your argument!

Mike

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
Sorry, Gollom, I didn't have time to read the other posts. You're right, I can't dowse accurately 100% of the time. It all depends on the frame of mind I'm in, outside distractions, etc., etc. I'd say my ability is at least 60% of the time. I have located water, leaching fields, traced pipes, located lost jewelry. It takes a great deal of concentration to perform right on target. But as for the $1 mil competition, there is absolutely too much pressure on an individual for them to expect 110% results.

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
It would seem to me if someone could successfully dowse, they would not need the $1,000,000 or the publicity.

Wish I could dowse good. Until then there is always Pulse Induction metal detectors.

ericwt

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Has it ever occurred to the readers of this dowsing thread that there are natural factors involved , which make dowsing possible, and are so erratic that no-one appears to be able to pinpoint the source of dowsing power although dowsing occurs with sufficient frequency to enable the art to continue and be passed down over the centuries.

If you could surround your body with solar supplied geomagnetic flux supplied via solar flares, whenever you wished , you would be able to dowse at will.

That is not possible, as you have to have solar flares of sufficient strength to bounce off an overhead moon to be able to dowse. When I say dowse, I am not referring to managing to mentally turning a dowsing rod and saying "look ma I can dowse" I am referring to plunging your mind underground in radar fashion and receiving the dull soft feel of gold in return.

By careful monitoring of the solar cycles ( 11 year cycles) and dowsing at day or night times when there is a moon overhead, dowsing becomes a reality.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
If the money is now in escrow why are five or more people suing to collect after proving themselves? If the test is on the up and up why has Randi been busted more than once switching envelopes in his safe on film. I say he does not now, never has and never will have the million and that he will cheat, lie, swindle and fake anything to avoid being proven the fraud that he is. exanimo, ss

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
In response to the response to my post. Randi is there and he is very obviously a fanatic skeptic, I assume dowsing around him would be horrible.

In response to Dowser 501 you preach your solar flare theory all the time, I don't mean to be rude but I don't see anyone supporting you, and I don't see any supporting facts.

Dowsing, say with an L-Rod, is just using a tool to amplify the small subconcious movements in the wrist, that Chevoul guy proved this through his tests. The sun doesn't control your dowsing, you do. I've dowsed very successfully right now, and I've seen many other people do the same. Your theory is nothing more than that, a theory, founded on a bit of solar flare science you thought you could relate to dowsing, sadly it's wrong. I wouldn't say that so confidently if I didn't know.
And again I don't mean to be rude, but it is the simple truth.

Oh, and to response to those skeptical, do not attack an art you haven't studied. Do not attack something you've never expierienced just because it doesn't fit into your realm of science or reasoning, there is much more to your mind than you can ever really understand.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Sandsted...The skeptics keep demanding prove from us. When it is given it is ignored. The only so called prove provided from them has come from 2 web sites. ...Art

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
Jokes, party tricks, illusions, dowsing is not this, if it were it would not have lasted 8,000 years.

OP
OP
C

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
Yup. Typical. I thought so. Those of you who claim you can do it are coming up with all sorts of excuses as to why you won't try to prove it. You can't find buried gold, only that on the surface? Would a sheet of paper keep you from dowsing it? If so, then you have no more talent than anyone else who has eyes -- even my dog can find gold on the surface!

You claim Randi has deliberately messed up the tests? Well, read the rules again. One of the conditions you can set up is that he not be anywhere nearby -- you can even do the test in another state!

You claim the money isn't real? Escrow is real. The money is in escrow (in the form of negotiable bonds.) He provides the information on his site that you need in order to verify that it is real and ready to be won.

You claim it costs too much to enter? Like someone else pointed out, what's the problem with investing $5,000 if it means a certain return of $1,000,000 -- that's a 200 to one return on investment -- and if you can really do what you claim you can, then this is a certain r.o.i. Heck, any venture capitalist would LOVE to get such a return on investment.

You claim you don't like the way the tests are run? Have you tried? They will work with you to set up the tests any way you like! YOU determine the rules, YOU say what you can do, they simply test you to find out if you can do what you say you can. If you say that solar flares interfer with your ability, MAKE IT A CONDITION OF THE TEST: State up front that you can do your thing only on days of solar minimums, and that is how they will run the tests! (You just have to set it up as one of the conditions BEFORE the test, and not use it as an after-test excuse of why you failed.) YOU CAN SET UP THE TESTS ANY WAY YOU WISH!!! They are not out to prove you wrong, they just want to provide a scientific study to confirm you can do what you claim.

Finally, you claim that Florida is too far away for you to travel. Well, the tests don't have to be done at their location! Especially the "pre-test," they can acommodate your location. There are JREF members all over the world who would gladly come to your location to run the tests.

ALL of your objections to taking the tests are mere excuses as to why you don't want to be subject to scientific scrutiny. If you truly can do what you claim you can, what have you got to fear?

OP
OP
C

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
Why has no one won the prize in 20 years? Because no one has been able to prove they can do what they claim they can do. You can be the first.

C'mon, what's to lose? What do you claim you can do? How can you show that you can do it? What conditions do you need in order to be successful? Those are the basic questions. If you can show that you can do what you claim, even with any conditions you require, then his foundation will pay. That simple. All of your reasons to not go through with it amount to either lame excuses, or a fear that you can not really perform as you claim, or that you are a liar. Prove him wrong. Prove ME wrong. Just do it! And then you can be a million dollars richer. Or give it to your favorite charity. What's so hard about doing what you claim you can do?

You say you can dowse. Do it. Do it in a manner that no one can deny. Then Randi will have to put away his skepticism, as will I. How hard would it be? What are you afraid of?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread