I forgot to mention.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tinpan: Thanks for the compliment. I don't think of you as a bad person either, in fact I think you are a very good person. When it comes to being skeptical about dowsing though, I understand where you are coming from and why. I've been there and done that also.

However, like myself, I do think you just might find dowsing helpful to your finding gold in your area. All you have to do is try it. That's all, just try it. After all, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by simply trying it.

Also, and BTW, speaking of war etc, I am a retired Aircraft Maintenance Office of the U.S. Air Force. Went to the Orient but never got down your way. Maybe some day. My brothering was a missionary for the LDS church in Australia. He loved your country and you people. He brought back a boomerang for me which I had fun throwing. He can't say enough good about you Aussies. LOL. He is now a businessman and will be going back to Australia on business soon. He is very excited about it. My sister really wants to go too but that's up in the air for now.

BTW. I will be showing a friend of mine today how I dowse. If we find something, I will post it, junk or no junk. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, here is what happened with today's dowsing. My friend didn't show. It's a holiday and he stayed home with his family, so I went and dowsed the field.

On my first rod crossing, my metal detector I use to pin point got an almost inaudible tick. After carefully scanning again, I was not able to find what caused the tick.

On my second dowsing shot, I found nothing.

Here is how I conclude these two dowsing sessions. On the first one I claim a hit, but I can't show it. The target must have been too small to get a firm detection from it to pin point it. Also, when I kicked away the sand to go deeper into the ground with my coil, I probably also knocked what ever cause the tick away from the area.

On my second shot, several things could exist. 1. The target was too small for my metal detector with an 8” coil to detect. 2. The target was deep enough to be out of range of my coils capability to detect anything including a Sherman tank. 3. Nothing was actually there.

Speaking of coil sizes, and capabilities, last time I dowsed this area, I used my larger 10.25” MD coil to pin point the target. Today I used the standard 8” coil. Big difference in the two. Won't happen again.

Based on my past dowsing hits which has been very high, even though I didn't find the second one, the probability of a target being close by is very good. But, I will never know for sure.

It's a tough area that was just plowed to get rid of weeds.

So that's how it went.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Map dowsers: Do you detect a target / s in this picture?

Thanks,

Les.

Attachments

• rdm.jpg
    rdm.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 149

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If pic dowsing lived up to its great claims why are the fine young men from allied countries getting killed by I>E>D>S and land mines ? Mine feilds are cleared by mds. Fact.

tinpan

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: Fact: Dowsing was abandoned by the U.S. Marines in 1971 and since then is no longer used like it was before 1971. Read on.

Right or completely wrong, somewhat right or somewhat wrong, personal prejudices or no personal prejudices, when the Commanding General, U.S. Marine Corp Development and Educational Command, at Quantico, Virginia, gives an order, that order is LAW.

In 1971, a U.S. Marine General ordered the U.S. Marine Corps to abandoned dowsing. Nonetheless, that did not erase the fact that up to that time, dowsing had saved many American Military lives in both WWII and in the Vietnam conflict. The Americans used it, the British used it, the Australians used it (shame on you), and the Germans used it. All incidents in all wars are well documented.

The General (Probably a skeptic in a position to affect his opinion on the subject) gave two reasons to abandon it.

1. During official Marine dowsing training sessions, it was discovered that even though the average Marine could pull a trigger on a gun, the AVERAGE MARINE WAS NOT ABLE TO SUCESSFULLY DOWSE.

2. Dowsing can not be proven through the scientific model. (Gee, where have we heard that one before?).

If you would like to read the whole story about the U.S. Military to get the whole truth and nothing but the truth about it’s successful use of dowsing, go to:

http://dowsinga.com/Military-Dowsing.pdf

Pages 71 – 77 are real interesting and page 83 quotes the Generals order and complete reasoning for his order.

Too bad this General wasn't that Colonel who refused to bet $10,000 with that Captain in Pattons army when the Captain invited him to put his money where his mouth is, and bet, he the Captain, could not find water. But the Captain did dowse and found water and lots of it. It takes all kinds I guess. Some like chocolate while others like vanilla.

Enjoy.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~SWR~
It is no surprise your "truths" come from unreliable sources, fiction and a known shyster. Louis J. Matacia was caught by Fox News palming items in a dowsing demonstration "Dowsing For Dollars" a few years back. They have no credibility... whatsoever.
Credibility...
http://www.skepticalinvestigations.org/exam/Dace_amazing3.htm
http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/nicholls.html

A Self-Confessed Liar
To be fair, he has never claimed to be anything other than a showman, best expressed by his own remark,
'I am a charlatan, a liar, a thief and a fake altogether.'

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aart : In the article, the Marine General does not say DOWSING DOES NOT WORK. He simply says it is something the average marine can not do and has not been proven scientifically. Based on the marine style training, he’s right in both cases.

Well crying out loud, the average Marine does not carry a Metal Detector on them either. If a squad was caught in the middle of a mine field and one of them knew how to dowse, it would be absolute stupidity on their part to keep that person from dowsing for mines in hopes of getting out of there safely. DAH. But, that's what the General wanted and that's what the General got.

In other words, as you and I both know and it’s a simple point, one would think it is better to use all means and methods instead of just one. The General was not thinking.

Some Generals have big egos and being humans, are not exempt from having prejudices or opinions. It’s just this General was a skeptic and ignored the past history of dowsing.

As for Randy, as far as I am concerned, who is Randy? The junk I found while dowsing then posted pictures of them in previous posts, brings him down in glorious flames. I hope SWR is Randy and if he chokes on all the pictures I posted, and any I will post in the future of things I found while dowsing, too bad for him. The fact I am finding junk while dowsing makes it just that more nasty tasting for him and that's great. YUM YUM, eat em up. They are not going away.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~SWR~
The article was written by a known shyster, who was exposed by Fox News.
Better luck next time finding reliable references or sources.

From reading articles and testimonials from the vets we know the truth..good luck trying to change history..Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art: I see what you quoted. If that's the best he can do, he knows he is doing nothing at all.

In the article it said children are especially adapted to learning how to dowse, even in the advanced stages and skills where as adults have a harder time with it. The reason in plain and simple terms is because adults have heard all the negativism and doubts the skeptics advance. In short, skeptics like SWR, tinpan, and the so-called "great Randy" all advance trash and deceptions that muddy the waters.

Well, my posts of things found while dowsing won't go away. They are here to stay, and stay they will to hound them at every turn.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
folks: I forgot to include in my last post that both mine and 10claws finds while dowsing will not only hound the skeptics, they will also be a source of intense torment to them. The reason is that every time they try to convince someone dowsing doesn't work, in order to be completely honest, they will have to mention 10claw's and my finds while dowsing. But for sure, they won't.

Now, we all know MD's work. No question about it. As I said before, I currently have four. However, I do know for a fact a MD will not detect plastic or wooden mines of the types made and used today. But I wonder if there is a dowser or two or three out there that dowses for plastics or wood? Anyone know? Oh my, the skeptics will howl for sure on this one. ;D :director: :angry4: Lets hear it boys. LOUDER, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
folks: I forgot to include in my last post that both mine and 10claws finds while dowsing will not only hound the skeptics, they will also be a source of intense torment to them. The reason is that every time they try to convince someone dowsing doesn't work, in order to be completely honest, they will have to mention 10claw's and my finds while dowsing. But for sure, they won't.

Now, we all know MD's work. No question about it. As I said before, I currently have four. However, I do know for a fact a MD will not detect plastic or wooden mines of the types made and used today. But I wonder if there is a dowser or two or three out there that dowses for plastics or wood? Anyone know? Oh my, the skeptics will howl for sure on this one. ;D :director: :angry4: Lets hear it boys. LOUDER, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Do,nt trees grow in your area and your wife doesn,t bring home plastic containers from the shopping trip.
Got to wonder what the hell your talking about ? Sorry finding everyday common items is another great claim by dowsers. try looking outside or in the fridge. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
lesjcbs said:

This post is gonna be way over the heads of some skeptics! ;D

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tinpan: You must have forgot what you posted in your post #368 about exploding land mines killing people in the war.

Plastic land mines are being made and used today in the war. The Russians made Wooden ones as far back as 1939, however, since wood rots in the ground they now make them out of plastics. Didn’t you know plastics don't rot so fast in the ground?

The other reason they make plastic land mines is precisely because a MD cannot detect them. It's as plain and simple as that.

Ok, here, I'll spell it our for you. Therefore, if there are dowsers out there that can dowse plastics simply by baiting their rods, that means dowsing is far superior and more versatile than MD’s could ever hope to be.

Kapeesh, got it, understand now?

To bad the good General didn't think of this back in 1971.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:
Tinpan: You must have forgot what you posted in your post #368 about exploding land mines killing people in the war.

Plastic land mines are being made and used today in the war. The Russians made Wooden ones as far back as 1939, however, since wood rots in the ground they now make them out of plastics. Didn’t you know plastics don't rot so fast in the ground?

The other reason they make plastic land mines is precisely because a MD cannot detect them. It's as plain and simple as that.

Ok, here, I'll spell it our for you. Therefore, if there are dowsers out there that can dowse plastics simply by baiting their rods, that means dowsing is far superior and more versatile than MD’s could ever hope to be.

Thats funny statement , seeing the md i use can tell if theres another md within a mile and the md also picks up cars, planes ,and motorbikes at great distance. Tells me if a thunderstorm is coming from miles away. I also can find a 10th of gram of gold in hardest mineralized ground in the world. More than 500 settings. AND BEST OF ALL THE MD FINDS TREASURE WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE YET TO DO>

Actions speak louder than words

todays quick hunt to to bad weather

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_1016.jpg
    100_1016.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_1019.jpg
    100_1019.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_1020.jpg
    100_1020.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 110

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lesjcbs said:

Theres millions of tons of live bombs and mines scattered all over the world and which dowser helps the fine experts, who risk their lives everyday to help others. NONE FACT

stop pedaling backwards and bending and changing If i want to find broken wood or plastic i would go open the trash can or look in the recycling bin. I don,t need l-rods to do this. If you had to find your way out of a Mine feild would gamble your life on L-rods or a MD

tinpan

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~EddieR~
This post is gonna be way over the heads of some skeptics!
Dowsing rods
Traditionally, the most common dowsing rod is a forked (Y-shaped) branch from a tree or bush. Some dowsers prefer branches from particular trees, and some prefer the branches to be freshly cut. Hazel twigs in Europe and witch-hazel in the United States are traditionally commonly chosen, as are branches from willow or peach trees. The two ends on the forked side are held one in each hand with the third (the stem of the "Y") pointing straight ahead. Often the branches are grasped palms down. The dowser then walks slowly over the places where he suspects the target (for example, minerals or water) may be, and the dowsing rod supposedly dips, inclines or twitches when a discovery is made. This method is sometimes known as "Willow Witching."

Then the excuses start.

Attachments

• 300px-18th_century_dowser.jpg
    300px-18th_century_dowser.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 104

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~SWR~
So... are you now claiming dowsers have the capability of dowsing plastic? Or, are you simply pushing your skewed vision on how you'd wish dowsing would work?
Some rather confusing double-speak going on here

So... are you now claiming dowsers have the capability of dowsing plastic?

I can..
Or, are you simply pushing your skewed vision on how you'd wish dowsing would work?

No..he is stating true facts.
Some rather confusing double-speak going on here

Yes you are.
Sorry that you are confused...Art

Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words. Doublespeak may take the form of euphemisms (e.g., "downsizing" for layoffs), making the truth less unpleasant, without denying its nature. It may also be deployed as intentional ambiguity, or reversal of meaning (for example, naming a state of war "peace"). In such cases, doublespeak disguises the nature of the truth, producing a communication bypass.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tinpan: To answer your question in Post # 383 about what would I use if I were caught in a minefield? If I had both, I would use both dowsing and MD, in that order, just like I do now to find junk. I would use dowsing first because if the land mines were plastic, the MD would be useless and the greater gamble, thereby making dowsing the best choice.

It's now your turn for you to answer my question. The enemy is in back of you and a minefield is in front of you. The only things you can do is either stand and fight an enemy superior in numbers and fire power and you will be killed or you can cross the mine field. Now you DON’T HAVE A MD with you (most squads don't carry a MD with them), but there are scrap wires in the area close by. Would you take two of them, bend them into the L shape and dowse the field?

Dowsing was used many times in WWII and Vietnam where dowsers found land mines, underground ammunition and supply caches, enemy tunnels, etc and saved many lives as a result. It's all documented in Military combat records. If that were not so, the Marines would not have taught dowsing for the many years they did. It's only because a skeptical and narrow-minded General with an ego the size of a Boeing 747 came into power and ordered it abandoned in 1971.

Right or wrong, what a General wants is what a General gets. Forgive him for he knows not what he did which was to limit the troops in means and methods for defense.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good afternoon swr, tinpan. bk for more fun.

when you have a broad arrangement of working tools, only an xxxxx would only use only a detector or rods for the entire complex of hunting..

Incidentally gentlemen, remember that 'Carl" flatly stated that - he can dowse - soo ???

Don Jose de La Mancha (the secluded Saint in his cave that was getting bored)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread