I forgot to mention.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here’s a follow up to my previous post: “A win by an inch is as good as a mile.”

I forgot to mention that if I had scanned ground zero only, the results would have been much worse for the tennis ball than for scanning ground zero directly under where my rods crossed. In fact it was only a few times that a target was directly under the tennis ball. But it’s an on going result that many times the target is directly under my rod crossing. To compare this approach, the dowsing maneuver will out perform the tennis ball throw by a huge margin.

I had a guy tell me once that because city parks are saturated with all kinds of things, you can set your detector coil down anywhere and get a hit. What the person was getting at was, when dowsing these high traffic areas, no matter where your rods cross, you will find something. Well, that’s not so as throwing a tennis ball and scanning the exact place where it lands (ground zero), and no other area beyond, will prove that is not correct. So much for dowsing being simply a random thing.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey SWR: Don’t you know that Albert Einstein once said that when the results don’t match the facts, change the facts? Einstein was a Scientist you know and a dowsing Scientist also. I did exactly as Carl said and in the way he described. The results I came up with are what I came up with and I faithfully reported them the way they came up. You can argue until you are blue in the face and scream science all you want. None the less, my little tennis ball that Carl said to throw into the air not only flew into the air, it literally flew into the face of your so called scientific facts that claim that dowsing doesn't work and is no more a random thing than throwing a tennis ball into the air.

Well, I guess I wll have to spell it our for you. You say to prove Carl Morgan wrong. I just did. In what Carl said is the best random test of pitting dowsing results against the results of throwing a tennis ball into the air and landing on a target of some kind, dowsing won. A win by an inch is as good as a mile unless you think that a 75% result is better than an 87.5% result. The fact is, because millions of dowsers throughout history have used it in countless ways with positive results, in and off itself, dowsing is pure science. None are so blind as those who will not see. So which is it, are you a bad sport about all this or just like to be blind all the time, HMM?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey 10claw, it's sad but that's what it seems like.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks, it looks like I am getting to SWR. He needs it badly.

You are the only one wagging your tongue and peddling misinformation. You can only wish Einstein had not been a dowser. Further more, in February 1946, here is what Einstein said about the art. Notice I said ART:

"I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time." - Albert Einstein.

Einstein was clearly an open-minded person and I think he is absolutely correct in his analysis.

Who are you to say dowsing and throwing tennis balls will “bring the exact same results every time” other than if you maintain that the results of 87.5% and 75% are the same which I guess you do.

I suppose you will say all the following are myths also: Some well-known names from history practiced dowsing, including Leonardo De Vinci, Robert Boyle (considered the father of modern chemistry), Charles Richet (a Nobel Prize winner), General Rommel of the German Army, and General George S. Patton. "General Patton," writes Don Nolan in his article A Brief History of Dowsing, "had a complete willow tree flown to Morocco so that a dowser could use branches from it to find water to replace the wells the German Army had blown up. The British army used dowsers on the Falkland Islands to remove mines. The U.S. Marine corps used dowsers in Vietnam to find mines, V.C. tunnels and other dangers they encountered which in the end saved many lives.

I’m sure Patton’s men were very glad he had a positive outlook on things and did not say: “PROVE IT SCIENTIFICLY FIRST.” If he had, his Army would have become extremely thirsty.

BTW SWR, my Daddy is bigger than your Daddy.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess what folks, I just came back from dowsing at our city park. This time I dowsed in an area of the park where I have never been before. I got a 100% verified targets on all three rod crossing. But then I did something I have never done before; I randomly placed my detector coil on the ground three times to see if there was a target there. Results were (drum roll please): Dowsing 100%, while randomly placing detector coil on the ground three times: 0%. WOW, a complete wipe out! Again, so much for the theory that dowsing is just a random thing.

(Yawn) Well, as everyone knows, that is, except for SWR it seems, balancing what SWR says against the accounts of using dowsing to find things throughout the history and ages of the world, if I were to say the same things, people would accurately count me a disgusting, pathetic, and hopeless fool, retarded, or simply insane. Which one or ones would it be I wonder, and would it go for SWR too?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thank You lesjcbs for your great posts. I am sure that you called the History Channel and the news stations to have them come out and validate your experiment...Friends, family and fellow treasure hunters are not excepted as validation...After all...they are just disgusting, pathetic and hopeless fool, retarded or simply insane people to the skeptics..Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR, I think a clarification is in order. I have never thought or claimed my rods crossed by themselves as if they themselves were alive. I firmly believe that Einstein is correct and that he was pointing to the Ideomotor effect in dowsing that moves the rods. I always tell people that it’s my hands that move my rods. They do not move by and of themselves. However, it doesn’t end there. The question remains: Is there a 7th sense we all have from which this Ideomotor effect to our hands moves the rods to a crossed position above an up to that moment an unseen and unknown target that’s buried inches or many feet below the surface in an area we have never seen or been in before? I say yes. I believe we do have a 7th sense that does this. I further explain it this way: Your car has a fuel gauge on the dash board that shows how much fuel you have in the tank. Now the gauge itself does not show the amount of fuel in the tank from it’s own measurements. Rather, in the tank is a fuel level float sensing device of some design that sends a signal through the system to the gauge which then according to that signal, the gauges pointers / needles point to the amount in the tank.

This 7th sense, which I think we all have, is like the sensing float in the tank that senses the fuel level. The gauge on the dashboard receives electronic commands / signals from the float is like our hands, and our rods are the pointers / needles being moved by the hands.

Now for you to categorically claim that a randomly thrown tennis ball and dowsing maneuver will always come up with the exact and same results is completely incorrect. You don’t know what you are talking about. Further more, for scientists like Einstein and all the others who say it’s the Ideomotor effect in dowsing that causes the rods to cross, is not a statement saying that dowsing does not work, it is in fact a statement saying that it DOES work. Just exactly how it works is the remaining question. Again, I personally favor the 7th sense idea.

What simply amazes me is there are water dowsers who not only found where water is, they told the driller how many feet they will need to drill down to reach it. My cousin did this on his ranch in the Arizona desert some 18 years ago and that well is still producing water today. There have been water dowsers who not only found where to drill for water and how far down to drill but also were able to give a flow rates.

I find dowsing exciting, wonderful, and spectacular. To all dowsers and anyone thinking of taking up dowsing who are reading this post consider this. The Australian Aborigine’s never had to have a PHD in aerodynamics or to prove anything to anyone through any means to make a thrown stick return to them like a trained hunting hawk will. They just made the thing, threw it, and it came back. It’s called the boomerang. Dowsers, just do your thing and spread the good word.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ART: Thanks for the post. I now see how SWR is and I think you do also. SWR wouldn't believe something if it hit him right between the eyes. If NBC, CBS, ABC, 60 minutes or some other media source did verify something, he still wouldn't believe it. After all, fictional movies can be made.

As for you SWR, you are starting to bore me. Thank goodness General Patton was in charge of our Army in Moroco during WWII and not you. I shudder to think what woud have happened. OK MEN, PROVE IT FIRST. UNTIL YOU DO, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY WATER TO DRINK AND THAT'S GOING TO BE A LONG TIME BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!

BTW, my cousin dowsed the water level on his ranch to be right at about 70 ft. They hit it at 68ft. OK SWR, your turn. I dare you to say: "There is water everywhere."

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
http://twm.co.nz/dowsing_jse_com.html
http://www.water-diviner.com/articles3.htm
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a_water_dowser_work
In an article published in the current issue of the peer-reviewed Journal of Scientific Exploration, a science journal with the editorial offices at Stanford University, Professor Hans-Dieter Betz, a physicist at the University of Munich, presents the results of a German government sponsored program to test and apply dowsing methods to locate water sources in arid regions. This ten year project involved over 2000 drillings in Sri Lanka, Zaire, Kenya, Namibia, Yemen and other countries and is thus the most ambitious experiment with water dowsing ever carried out.
The outcome was striking. An overall success rate of 96% (by dowsers) was achieved in 691 drillings in Sri Lanka. Based on geological experience in that area, a success rate of 30-50% would be expected from conventional techniques alone.
But the overall success rate is not the only indication that the dowsing phenomenon is of considerable practical use. According to Betz, what is both puzzling but enormously useful, is that in hundreds of cases the dowsers were able to predict the depth of the water source and the yield of the well to within 10 to 20 percent. We carefully considered the statistics of these correlations, and they far exceeded lucky guesses

Hey lesjcbs..Here is some validation of your claim about water dowsers..SWR lives in Florida where all you have to do is stick a shovel in the ground to find water.

~SWR~
Folks. It appears SWR is getting to lesjcbs.
Would any one like to analyze this statement for me?...Art

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Art: Thanks for that reference. I heard about those events, I just didn't know where they were. Yes, I know he lives in Florida, but I don't. So all that SWR is going to say is anyone can print anthing anywhere they want, even in magazines. But I want him to take my bait.

SWR, you dissapoint me. Come on, take the bait. Tell everyone that because water is everywhere, like it is in Florida, no matter where a water dowsers rods, sticks, bend, twist, dip or cross there's going to be water.

One sure thing about Patton, he had enough faith, personal knowledge, or experience with dowsing that he was confident enough that a dowser could find water. So much so that he had a complete willow tree flown to Moroco for the dowser to use some limbs from it. Otherwise he would have never done it.

SWR, name callig will get you nowhere.

I'm waiting to hear you say that water is everywhere. LOL.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOOK OUT people, he's getting ready to EXPLODE.

SWR: IS WATER EVERY WHERE?

I'M WAITING. LOL.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR, Is there water everywhere?

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought this was an interesting study......

http://www.jsd-africa.com/Jsda/V12No5_Fall2010_A/PDF/Mapping%20Groundwater%20Aquifers%20Using%20Dowsing,%20Slingram%20System%20(Ndlovu,%20Mpofu,%20Manatsa).pdf

Source of the Patton water dowsing...

Attachments

• PATTON_DOWSING.jpg
    PATTON_DOWSING.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 955
OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
deepsecrets: Fantastic articles but I think SWR is not going to like the fact the dowsing method matched the instruments or that the Generals dowser didn't really exist. The General was a genius for sure and that's what Generals are made of.

Ok SWR: Maybe my question is to complicated for you. So I will simplify it by taking out the word "there." Here goes: Is water everywhere?

I'm waiting.

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
deepsecrets: See, I told you. Maybe SWR would like General Patton to be validated.

SWR: Is water everywhere?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: I read the articles deepsecrets sent about the experiement in Africa and about Patton in Morroco.

SWR: Yes or no, is water everywhere?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: Not even a fantastic dodge on your part. Yes or no, is water everywhere?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: Not even a good dodge. Just a simple yes or no will do. Is water everywhere?

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWR: I’ve been around many a Jackass on ranches in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona and have heard many bray. It really sounds funny. Hee-haw, hee-haw, hee-haw, grunt, grunt, grunt. However, none were as loud as the noise you make.

A simple yes or no will do. Is water everywhere?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread