Treasure tale location?

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From some clues that were given I have come to this area as a possible location for some mule loads of ore. It seems to fit the description of the location so I thought I would throw it in the mix here and see what turns up. I have not been to this location and it is hundreds of miles from me but it has my interest. If someone can find where it is with Google Earth more power to you. I don't mind if you do. I'll put it out as a challenge. I would be interested to see if someone could actually find it on GE. But in the meantime I would also like it dowsed by anyone interested. You can post here or email me. I know December is usually a busy time but I have wanted to put this on here for a while.
Nicholas

Attachments

• Farm A.png
    Farm A.png
    290.5 KB · Views: 1,240

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found raw gold where the 3 yellow circles are, except couldn't get any hits for Spanish or Spanish markers in the photo until checking the left edge (red X). Either the markers point to the raw gold location or else you need to extend the map more to the left. The yellow circles could also be the source of where they mined the gold. I get a lot of dowsing action between the left edge of photo and red X, must be more to the west.

Attachments

• Farm A-bookcliff.png
    Farm A-bookcliff.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 736
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the liberty of cropping some more images. This is my way of walking it in. I feel it's much better to zoom in on a map or image to get a more accurate reading and help when one goes out in the field. I zoomed in on Art's and two of Red's. This is not only for Art and Red but for all of us. Thank you so much for your replies and dowsing.
Nick

Attachments

• Farm AAA.PNG
    Farm AAA.PNG
    309.3 KB · Views: 764
  • Farm CCC.png
    Farm CCC.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 825
  • Farm DDD.png
    Farm DDD.png
    260.8 KB · Views: 854

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Nick, I didn't find the mule loads you were expecting, unless where the yellow circles are.....but it appears to be more like gold veins running through that area, found more in the close up.

The red X & circle though, got a marker on the X, coins at the circle, archaeological type of signals the green X. Doesn't seem to be any mule loads of ore there either.

Attachments

• Farm DDD-bookcliff.png
    Farm DDD-bookcliff.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 1,161
  • Farm CCC-bokkcliff.png
    Farm CCC-bokkcliff.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 1,158

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed something about the spacing of the yellow circles, don't know if coincidence or what. I held up a ruler to the computer screen, try measuring between 2 left (top & bottom), 2 center (top & bottom). Then the distance between the 2 bottom from the left, then 2 top from the right. Anyway, didn't plan that, still could be just a coincidence. Actually, the top left one was, the very first hit in dowsing the close up photo. Not only that, checking by holding a ruler edge, across the top 3 circles, seem to be in a straight line.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bookcliff said:
I took the liberty of cropping some more images. This is my way of walking it in. I feel it's much better to zoom in on a map or image to get a more accurate reading and help when one goes out in the field. I zoomed in on Art's and two of Red's. This is not only for Art and Red but for all of us. Thank you so much for your replies and dowsing.
Nick
Nick, don't think I took time to check for all types of Spanish markers. Did check on metal, high wall carvings, then stopped there, leaving out simple stone type or trees. If you find at any yellow circles, Spanish markers instead, they should be for the mule loads of ore, because I focused on that as dowsing.

Also got another suggestion from Art, he has got at times evenly spaced circles for gold auras.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Tim...If you read this maybe you can explain gold rings to the board..I know when I have located them but the rest is still a mystery to me..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went over the entire map again checking for any cache markers. Still only get where the red X is, left side of photo. If there is a Spanish cache, even gold ore, you would find some kind of a marker.

In the area below the yellow circles, yellow line is around a placer gold deposit. Gold veins run through the spots marked by yellow circles, but the veins are not straight. Red circles indicate some type of trail marker, could even be of Spanish origin. Green Xs for any type of archaeological signal.

Attachments

• Farm Acrop-bookcliff.png
    Farm Acrop-bookcliff.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 780
  • Farm DDDx-bookcliff.png
    Farm DDDx-bookcliff.png
    268 KB · Views: 852
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red.
Looks like you put a lot into it.

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here my spot, placer gold deposit.

Attachments

• untitled (Small).jpg
    untitled (Small).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 789

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nick,
Dowsing revealed:
Green circle: Gold attraction
White circles: A mixed attraction of gold/silver.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• Farm Adowsed.png
    Farm Adowsed.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 354

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread