Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rogerdale said:
I have been looking to buy this book “Finding Treasure, Combining Science, And Parapsychology” written by Louis Matacia around 1997 time frame and I have been unable to locate it anywhere. Does anyone know of or have one they would like to sell.

Roger Duncan

You can find it on Amazon - for over $200!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rogerdale said:
I have been looking to buy this book “Finding Treasure, Combining Science, And Parapsychology” written by Louis Matacia around 1997 time frame and I have been unable to locate it anywhere. Does anyone know of or have one they would like to sell.

Roger Duncan

Hi Roger,
Have you tried to contact him?
Here is his website:

http://www.louismatacia.com/

Jon

OP
OP
R

rogerdale

Greenie
Nov 6, 2007
Hi Jon
Yes I have tried to contact him but all my emails are rejected as undeliverable or considered spam and I have tried many different ways to word the message so it would not be considered spam. So at this time I have been unable to contact him. I did see the one book advertised on Amazon, but I thought that was a little high in price, so I am looking around at other possible locations for the book.

Roger

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rogerdale said:
Hi Jon
Yes I have tried to contact him but all my emails are rejected as undeliverable or considered spam and I have tried many different ways to word the message so it would not be considered spam. So at this time I have been unable to contact him. I did see the one book advertised on Amazon, but I thought that was a little high in price, so I am looking around at other possible locations for the book.

Roger

ok did you receive my pm's?

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
A few weeks ago in this thread there was a link to another book the contents of which was posted online. Although it was not favorable to dowsing, it accepted the proposition that dowsing can/does "work", and the author included a lot of carefully researched and reasoned critique of the subject. Not that I agree with all the author's reasoning and conclusions, but it was a darn good read. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the book itself or of the author.

Unfortunately the post disappeared, I'm guessing that a mod deleted it because the author was coming from a Christian perspective which theoretically could have turned it into a sectarian religious battle. I have no dog in that fight myself.

I'm hoping that whoever posted that link will do so again, preferably in its own thread. And I hope that the moderators will let it stand as long as the people posting in the thread can discuss the thing on its merits (and otherwise) as a discourse on dowsing, resisting the temptation to turn it into a war over religion which this website isn't about.

--Toto

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RD, Matacia has a phone number. Call and leave a message if he doesn't answer.

As for occult books and Ouija Boards, I strongly recommend everyone to stay away from that horrible spiritualism stuff. If you go looking for trouble, you WILL find it. Don't take my word on this, check out what the Catholic preists (Mermet and others) have said about it. Like a few skeptics, you might need an exorcism, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread