Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since making my new dowsing rods, over 3 years ago now, kept getting this hit around a drawer for computer stuff. I've noticed it dozens of times, nothing important in the drawer just old inkjet cartridges, odd & end things don't use. I've checked the drawer before, moved or lifted everything but never found what caused the signal. I measured from on top of the stack, have 2 double drawers stacked with a total of 4 full of files or junk. Signals were directly over, at the bottom, walking past just in front too.

Anyway, checked all the drawers several times without locating anything. Recently pulled the bottom drawer open where the signal always came from which is 7 inches from the front on the right side. Picked up a wad of junk....before the other times had pushed it aside to check under that bit of trash. Turned it over, the back side had white tape with the words "8 coins" and the date 9/19/04. I've moved from there since, to another home had no idea the coins were there. Didn't open this find up yet, but expecting some older coins. Got a good beep using the Garrett Ace 250, in the low end of the coin range. I know at least 1 Jamaican silver coin has been missing for years, hope to see that one when opened. I plan to see what is inside sometime before the New Year rings in.

Attachments

• misplcoins1.JPG
    misplcoins1.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 334

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
well randy, sounds like you have some excitement going. hope you will let us all in on what was there. the jamaican coin
should be a beauty.
maybe i need you to find my old camera that's missing.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw said:
well randy, sounds like you have some excitement going. hope you will let us all in on what was there. the jamaican coin
should be a beauty.
maybe i need you to find my old camera that's missing.
I made sure before opening the taped up plastic sack, marked as coins....to check with the rods several times, for the Jamaican coin. Each time my rods responded, idicating that coin was in there, could tell the exact spot inside also. Broke through the white tape, opened up and found the coin says Jamaica, never really had the coins identified or checked for value.

Attachments

• misplcoins2.JPG
    misplcoins2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 274
  • misplcoinsJ1.jpg
    misplcoinsJ1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 354
  • misplcoinsJ2.jpg
    misplcoinsJ2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 407
OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could have tossed away the coins with the trash, thinking all was trash. Here are a couple more which shows the type of, what could have been lost forever, had it not been for dowsing rods.

Attachments

• misplcoinsC1.jpg
    misplcoinsC1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 338
  • misplcoinsC2.jpg
    misplcoinsC2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 451
  • misplcoinsF1.jpg
    misplcoinsF1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 444
  • misplcoinsF2.jpg
    misplcoinsF2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 450

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent discovery Red_desert!
Very pretty coins!
Jon

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleprospector said:
Excellent discovery Red_desert!
Very pretty coins!
Jon

They do seem to be in better condition than I thought, photos really can bring out the details of a coin. Sometime I'll have to find out what the coins are worth.

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice surprise. Like it when that happens.

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprise, yes indeed and the signal didn't really feel much stronger than a single coin. Just goes to show, that no coin signal should be passed up.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
great looking coins randy, i know you are happy that you did'nt trash them.
thanks for the photos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really neat coins there Red---and pretty designs on them! Gotta love those coins man!

jojo jor

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a Lovely and great looking coins Mr Randy , keep it up :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to keep old coins around for inspiration, good for checking out your dowsing equipment too. :happysmiley:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could find some of my old silver and gold finds that I think I left in the ashtray of my Dodge Dakota I traded in. Not really sure though, I know I lost some valuables when I hosted a party at about that time. I really liked the bare chested walking liberty! Trying to find something the second time can be harder than the first. Good job Red!

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could find some of my old silver and gold finds that I think I left in the ashtray of my Dodge Dakota I traded in. Not really sure though, I know I lost some valuables when I hosted a party at about that time. I really liked the bare chested walking liberty! Trying to find something the second time can be harder than the first. Good job Red!
When I moved here a few years back, had some crafted large sized 14 K gold rings for to mount your own stones (ordered from a jeweler's catalog) made by a NM company, packed away in boxes. Never could find any of them by looking, until dowsing the boxes upstairs and down. Had a gold ring pinpointed in a box, opened to search. First time didn't notice it was gold, closet was too dark. Next time took it out under the light......GOLD!!!!!

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins have since been wrapped again, wanting to leave them there to forget about...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread