Greenie
Feb 2, 2012
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dowsers!

Thank you all for dowsing a few satellite images for me. I have a few more, if you all don't mind. I am just starting to learn to dowse. So don't be surprised if I post some questions for you regarding dowsing methodology and tools. I am pretty open minded to any technique or any reasoning behind how dowsing works. :D

Thanks so much again.

Michelle

P.S. With map dowsing, is there a preferential size in the image posted? For example, would an image of 1 square mile give more information (stronger signals) than an image with 10 square miles? Or is size irrelevant when it comes to signal strength and more relevant in area accuracy? Hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• high2012.jpg
    high2012.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 502
  • nwcs2012.jpg
    nwcs2012.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 490
  • rosa2012.jpg
    rosa2012.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 499

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djmzsunshine said:
Hi Dowsers!

Thank you all for dowsing a few satellite images for me. I have a few more, if you all don't mind. I am just starting to learn to dowse. So don't be surprised if I post some questions for you regarding dowsing methodology and tools. I am pretty open minded to any technique or any reasoning behind how dowsing works. :D

Thanks so much again.

Michelle

P.S. With map dowsing, is there a preferential size in the image posted? For example, would an image of 1 square mile give more information (stronger signals) than an image with 10 square miles? Or is size irrelevant when it comes to signal strength and more relevant in area accuracy? Hope that makes sense.

I don't mind if you or anyone else posts more pictures to dowse or ask questions.
I'm not quite sure if I'm understanding your questions, but I'll give it a go.
There are different opinions on how dowsing works, but we do know it works. Hopefully you will find a method that satisfies your quest. Your pictures are fine.
Dowsing is all about gaining information about the area in question no matter if you are dowsing a photo or out in the field. I find that a sharp focused picture works best in the attraction link up between the instrument, dowser and actual search area. Poor quality pictures distort the information that the dowser is trying to collect within the area in question.
In my experience, the "yes" dowsing response is the same and the information the photo contains is the same wether the picture is zoomed out or zoomed in. The issue with the 10sq. mile pic is the accuracy dowsing provides. At this area of coverage if I were to pinpoint the hotspot, my pencil point may represent an area of a 800 foot circle or greater area of coverage, not very tight if I were to take that and go to the field. So on the zoomed out picture I ask "if something exists" first vs. "Where is it".
I center my focus on gold or silver and see what happens, nothing more specific at this point. If I get a yes answer as to an inquiry on the zoomed out picture, I then do my best to get an approximate location, by asking where, then start to zoom in. The closer you get to actual ground scale in the picture the more accuracy you get and you will be able to trace out a vein or get some separation of targets that were within the zoomed out attraction area. On a cache your reaction won't change much beacause it's a tighter, smaller target. Veins of precious metals/minerals are larger than a cache so your reaction will be stronger only beacause of the area beneath the ground that they cover. Now if you zoomed into the 1 sq. mile area and get the pinpoint, then your pencil point dot could represent a 40' circle area. I'd much rather search a 40' circle area vs. an 800' circled area. Errors on the dowsers part are some of the reasons too why accurate locations are not achieved, mostly these occur from fatigue or not feeling well and not paying enough attention to what you are looking for.
For example, if I'm not having a really good dowsing session over a USGS 7.5 min. quad map I have gotten to within 100-200 feet of the target area, and other days I may get to within 50 feet.
So the photo/map dowse is not exact but it's meant to get the dowser into the area to do a field search. The more zoomed in your map/photo, the better accuracy you will get.
Hope this helps,
Jon

OP
OP
R

ravergirl7216

Greenie
Feb 2, 2012
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jon. I think you did answers my questions. So let me get this straight:

You start off a general question like:"is there gold or silver in this area?"
Then you do a search by quadrant (like in your profile picture) by pointing to an area and looking to the L Rod for a response?

I've seen posts about the sun having some affect on dowsers. What is your opinion on this?
Do you use L Rods for all your dowsing or do you use other tools? (in other words, do you use other tools for outside prospecting?)

I appreciate the answers. I'm still reading through the "Want to Dowse?" post.
I also would appreciate any dowsing insight on my pictures if possible.

More questions to come,....

Thanks so much.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djmzsunshine said:
Thanks Jon. I think you did answers my questions. So let me get this straight:

You start off a general question like:"is there gold or silver in this area?"
Then you do a search by quadrant (like in your profile picture) by pointing to an area and looking to the L Rod for a response?

I've seen posts about the sun having some affect on dowsers. What is your opinion on this?
Do you use L Rods for all your dowsing or do you use other tools? (in other words, do you use other tools for outside prospecting?)

I appreciate the answers. I'm still reading through the "Want to Dowse?" post.
I also would appreciate any dowsing insight on my pictures if possible.

More questions to come,....

Thanks so much.

Hi, you are welcome.
Yes that would be a good general question to ask, but you can get more specific by asking, "Is there any gold or silver in the area covered by this photograph?" You may also ask for something specifically, one item at a time question, like alluvial gold, or a cache of gold coins. You may elect to dowse it by the quartering method or dowse the whole picture. There are different ways to photo/map dowse. Some people don't ask questions and picture the image of the search item in their mind and are successful. Some like to combine both. I like to make a science out of my questions and get really specific along with picturing the search item in my mind.
Do you know what your yes and no movements are with the pendulum? Typically it will circle or swing. Or do you use an L-rod? An L-rod yes answer movement is typically a swing 90 deg. left or right, depending on if you are left or right handed.
I use an L-rod 95% of the time, pendulum 5%. I sometimes like to touch the map/photo by using my finger to search and establish a smaller area to search in the field. When the rod reacts I search the area in the field with the dowsing tools that was under my finger on the document. I also use metal detectors.
IF the sun has had any affect on my dowsing it has not been enough for me to quit using my dowsing tools as often as possible. Myself, my personal dowsing friends and forum dowsers have dowsed with success during this period when the sun was supposedly causing issues for people. The only time I was not able to dowse was when I was ill or during a lightning storm (for obvious reasons). I feel the only effect the sun has had on me is that I get a nice suntan when I'm out in it.
Personally, I believe that I'm petitioning a higher source in the universe to provide me with the answers to my dowsing questions/quests and leave it at that. My basic map dowsing procedure is in the post titled Want to do map dowsing?, here's the link: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,103149.msg753702.html#msg753702
I look forward to any more questions you may have.
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green Xs are some type of archaeological signal. Red Xs for coins/treasure, red circles where tunnel/cave entrance. Yellow circles for gold veins. I didn't know if gemstones are needed on these maps. Started to check for them on 1 map getting a hit, let me know if important.

Attachments

• high2012-djmzsunshine.jpg
    high2012-djmzsunshine.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 273
  • rosa2012-djmzsunshine.jpg
    rosa2012-djmzsunshine.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 289
  • nwcs2012x-djmzsunshine.jpg
    nwcs2012x-djmzsunshine.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 524
OP
OP
R

ravergirl7216

Greenie
Feb 2, 2012
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red! I don't think these areas are known for gemstones, mostly gold are old mining sites/settlements, but if you are getting hits on them please mark and I can always look. :-)

Much appreciated,
Michelle

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to replace the middle map, discovered unfinished map got uploaded.

OP
OP
R

ravergirl7216

Greenie
Feb 2, 2012
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jon,

Again, I really appreciate your insight into this dowsing. I'm a "beginning" channel and my thinking was that dowsing was another form of channeling. (I am a little reluctant to heavily advertise this as I am one of those people who are considered to be very logical and scientific.) The structure of asking specific and detailed questions is the same for channeling. However, the rule is that you cannot channel for yourself. Do you find that you can dowse for yourself very well? And does the "equipment" help? I'm looking into buying my first L Rods and Pendulum. I was looking at the KellyCo Detectors website and they had these outrageously priced (a couple grand) dowsing instruments. Are these made to tune into something that other L Rods cannot? (I'm talking about the Titan II Pendulum and PMR II made by Simmons Scientific).

I'm still reading through the "want to dowse post" so more questions will come,...

Of course, any dowser in this forum can answer these questions as well. I would like to hear about everyone's experience dowsing. ;D

Thanks,
Michelle

OP
OP
R

ravergirl7216

Greenie
Feb 2, 2012
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red. Boy, I'm going to be busy hiking when it gets warm. Whew,..... :icon_thumright:

As always, I appreciate your services.

Michelle

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djmzsunshine said:
Thanks Red. Boy, I'm going to be busy hiking when it gets warm. Whew,..... :icon_thumright:

As always, I appreciate your services.

Michelle
Ok Michelle, on the gemstones the spot I checked, might have been a valley/wash. I'm not sure now which photo, but will check them all later.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djmzsunshine said:
Hi Jon,

Again, I really appreciate your insight into this dowsing. I'm a "beginning" channel and my thinking was that dowsing was another form of channeling. (I am a little reluctant to heavily advertise this as I am one of those people who are considered to be very logical and scientific.) The structure of asking specific and detailed questions is the same for channeling. However, the rule is that you cannot channel for yourself. Do you find that you can dowse for yourself very well? And does the "equipment" help? I'm looking into buying my first L Rods and Pendulum. I was looking at the KellyCo Detectors website and they had these outrageously priced (a couple grand) dowsing instruments. Are these made to tune into something that other L Rods cannot? (I'm talking about the Titan II Pendulum and PMR II made by Simmons Scientific).

I'm still reading through the "want to dowse post" so more questions will come,...

Of course, any dowser in this forum can answer these questions as well. I would like to hear about everyone's experience dowsing. ;D

Thanks,
Michelle
Hi Michelle,
I think dowsing is related to channeling in the sense that the instrument is the "communication device" vs. how a channeler is receiving answers. However I have not studied channeling but believe that it works for a person who believes in it. I dowse for treasure for myself, is that what you mean?
Dowsers can get answers to something that is already know, provided they phrase the correct questions.
The questions need to be asked in a yes/no fasion. Let me know if you need me to elaborate more on this. The equipment does make a difference, I have used pretty much everyone's tools. The question is do you need the top of the line equipment? I can compare these varoius models of dowsing tools to metal detectors. The Simmons scientific models, the Fred Stewart models, and pretty much someone's tools that are manufactured to very high standards and construction materials can be compared to Tesoro, Whites, Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, ect. whereas a person using tools made from redily available material can expect to have the performance compared to somewhere in between a radio shack metal detector up to the name brands mentioned above. Keep in mind a crude set of brass L-rods will get the job done just as the top of the line instrument, but the pricey one will do it quicker and with better accuracy, not to mention the other features that the crude brass rods don't have. The Simmons/Stewart models come with what is called a bait or sample/witness chamber. This enables the operator to place a small amount of the material that you are looking for into it. This "tunes" the rod to this material type. So if you were to use this type of rod and bait it, pick it up and start searching with it, it would react to whatever type of material you placed in the chamber with an ok amount of accuracy. However, if you were to do this and combine a mental image and question then your success and accuracy will be far above your highest expectations. Some dowsers don't use a physical bait but rather employ a mental bait and have the same amount of success. I like to use a physical bait beacause it helps keep things on track should I have a sudden lack of attention or a distraction when i'm in the field. Another feature of these manufactured rods is the power load/amplifier designed to boost your bodily electricity out the antenna end stronger than it's input was. This in turn provides the operator with greater sensitity and range. These rods also have a smooth bearing handle for nearly friction free movement and come in 2 or 3 pieces and are easy to store or transport and can be quickly assembled in the field.There are some other subtle features that I won't get into here that give them the edge over other equipment.
The Titan II pendulum is specifically designed for gold/silver only along with the dowsing questions surrounding that. I don't know of anyone who has bought this pendulum for a purpose other than gold/silver. Sort of like Tesoros diablo gold detector, built for a very specific target detection.
So now back to the crude brass rods... can those be baited? yes by simply taping the material onto the antenna. Can they be made with bearing handles?...yes. Are they sensitive and have decent range? yes.
I would like to suggest that you start with a set of brass L-rods and a pendulum and give dowsing a try.
There are many places on line to buy a set of rods and a pendulum. You may find a pendulum in a local rock shop or a store that sells metaphysical items. There are many to choose from, so I always found it best to choose one that you are attracted to. Keep in mind I'm not trying to steer you away from the Simmons equipment or suggesting your money would'nt be well spent, but rather if you start out inexpensively and learn your dowsing tools at your own pace rather than under the 30 day return hanging over your head you will at least know how yours would compare to an upgrade of that nature within the return period. I personally build and use my own dowsing tools and if you have any questions about what is available, plz PM me. There are also some posts regarding building you own rods here, although I'm not sure if they are in the archives or not.
Hope this helps,
Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Michelle,
In all photos, dowsing revealed:
Green square area: Wide gold attraction.
Green circled area: Prominent gold attraction.
Green line: weak gold attraction, possible deep, thin gold vein.
Blue square area: Wide silver attraction.
Red rectangle/square area: Petrified wood attraction (quartz/calcite)
Orange square area: Meteorite fragments attraction.
Orange circle area: Prominent meteorite attraction.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon

Attachments

• high2012dowsed.jpg
    high2012dowsed.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 361
  • rosa2012dowsed.jpg
    rosa2012dowsed.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 324
  • nwcs2012dowsed.jpg
    nwcs2012dowsed.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 346

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michelle, didn't get checked for gemstones yet, have suddenly been busy lately.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White circles are some type of crystal, but not quartz.

Attachments

• high2012-G-djmzsunshine.jpg
    high2012-G-djmzsunshine.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 256
  • nwcs2012-G-djmzsunshine.jpg
    nwcs2012-G-djmzsunshine.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 252
  • rosa2012-G-djmzsunshine.jpg
    rosa2012-G-djmzsunshine.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 303

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread