• Colorado1.JPG
    Colorado1.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 580

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C i get a gold vault should be some spainish sign's in the area.

Attachments

• Colorado1 (Medium).JPG
    Colorado1 (Medium).JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 499
OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, Okiedowser,

Thank you for your help. My result is virtually identical with yours, only different words: booty (anything of value taken by force), gold-silver alloy bars. I used the word "booty" because for me target words like "treasure" or "spanish gold vault" stir up emotions in me which conflict with my remaining impartial to the result. It's a problem I have had ever since day one when I started dowsing. Also, you got me to thinking about how very subtly my unconscious tries to induce a result that I >>think<< ought to be right...not a good thing for a dowser.

Again, THANKS for your work.

Sincerely,
-C

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cochetopa, I'll check it too, soon as get time....tomorrow might be tornado weather though.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cochetopa, green circles are natural caves, red circles for tunnel/mine shaft entrance, red Xs coins or other treasure. Green Xs archaeological type signals, which sometimes are Spanish markers.

Attachments

• Colorado1-X-Cochetopa.JPG
    Colorado1-X-Cochetopa.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 383
OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Red_desert,
Thank you for your work. You (and okiedowser) gave me a lot to chew on. This location isn't far from my home. When warmer weather arrives in Colorado, I plan to investigate on-site. I will take photos and report back in this thread what my experiences are.
Sincerely,
C

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cochetopa said:
Red_desert,
Thank you for your work. You (and okiedowser) gave me a lot to chew on. This location isn't far from my home. When warmer weather arrives in Colorado, I plan to investigate on-site. I will take photos and report back in this thread what my experiences are.
Sincerely,
C
Sounds good....photos taken on trips work nice too! :thumbsup:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cochetopa,
Dowsing revealed....
Small (bold line) green square: Gold bars, mine opening/shaft
Large green square: Alluvial gold deposits, spanish/native american gold mine area.
Green circles: Gold attraction.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

Attachments

• Colorado1dowsed.jpg
    Colorado1dowsed.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 524
OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Teleprospector,
Thank you for this help. Again, I will be going to investigate once my Colorado weather warms up and I'll report what is found.
Sincerely,
C

OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went to the site

Hi, All, and esp. Okiedowser, Red_desert, and Teleprospector,

I drove to the dowsed site and this was my experience.

In my attached photos I have again presented an aerial view of the site, but with labels to buttes A and B, and region C which turned out to be a natural amphitheatre manufactured by erosion. There is a patented lode mining claim NE of butte B.

The photo “EastFaceButteB” shows regional geology. The buttes are sedimentary mud and sand stone laid down 250 million years ago when Colorado was an inland sea. The basement rock beneath is Precambrian gray granite that is 600+ million years old.

I had not planned on finding patented, private property out there in the midst of nowhere. The canyon east of butte B is unfortunately posted, so I tried to avoid butte B. Before I return next, I will locate and contact the mine owner to investigate his claim’s boundaries, etc.

There are quartz veins embedded in the amphitheatre floor C. I checked the veins I located using my Minelab Eureka Gold metal detector, but none produced a metal response. The sediment lying on the amphitheatre’s granite floor is sand and silt from surrounding, weathered rock walls.

Prior to this trip, my own personal dowsing results indicated “booty” at the west face of butte A, which correlated with some of Teleprospector’s results. So, I spent most of my time there using my no-frills L-rod and metal detector, but found nothing worth noting. I clawed my way up the debris slope to the butte’s vertical face, but did not find anything unusual. I observed no evidence of archeological markings, but have no training or experience in this area. The sedimentary rock was often covered with colorful stains or surface changes, but nothing which looked to me to be man caused.

Red_desert and Okiedowser: I took the photo of butte B’s western face as I headed for home with the hope that a view of the butte from that perspective might prove fruitful for a dowse.

Oh, final notes to everyone: (1) I’m 65, so my physical stamina isn’t what it used to be. My mistake for this initial trip was planning to do too much, but it was a good lesson to learn; (2) It was quite a hike and climb from the highway up onto the granite layer and from there to the buttes; (3) While the weather was gorgeous, it was also windy with gusts that made impossible using my L-rod as a location pin pointer; (4) While I did not return home with treasure, I did enjoy a good time and met a young family of big horn sheep which was a surprise.

Thanks for your feedback. I intend to go back, but I might have to wait until autumn when the weather cools down.

Sincerely,
C

View attachment 638319 View attachment 638320 View attachment 638321 View attachment 638322 View attachment 638323 View attachment 638324 View attachment 638325 View attachment 638318

OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went to the site

Geez, something went wrong with attaching my photos. I will try again.
-C
AmpitheatreFloorQuartzVein.JPG EastFaceButteB.JPG PlanViewSite.JPG ThingPartners.JPG WestFaceButteA.jpg WestFaceButteAFromHighwayBelow.JPG WestFaceButteASlope.jpg WestFaceButteB.jpg

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WoW, COCHETOPA,

Awesome photos. If those do not get a TH seeker's blood moving-nothing will.

I might suggest that you have someone versed in "signs and symbols" to take a look at your photos. I can see some interesting rock formation shapes such as the "heart-shaped' one. It appears that part of it has broken off but the "heart-shape" is still there. Some Spanish symbols were really big so that they could be seen from a distance. There may be more I missed or that were not shown in the photos.

Just my two cents,

prairiepup

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Good photo’s...prairepup is correct..I think that all treasure hunters should be aware of Spanish and KGC treasure symbols...Just some of them can be found here.. Art
Treasure Marks/Signs

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Took one of your shots and here's my amateurs eye take on it.

Could very well be an old Spanish trail.

See the face on the left.
Pointer rock in lower foreground, points to second pointer, which is pointing towards the crack/opening.
Maybe the photo, but I don't like the look of the rock situated above the opening, possible death trap.
Lastly, the two big boulders look out of place, notice most of the rocks are sharp edged, yet these two are rounded, and the horizontal rounded lines (?) don't make sense with the rest of the geology.

Ooops almost forgot, if those two boulders make a heart, a broken heart can mean danger.

Attachments

• WestFaceButteASlope.jpg
    WestFaceButteASlope.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 200

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Colorado1[1].JPG In the upper NE of the map there are some treasure markers pointing east. # 1 is an open mine entrance and a treasure. # 2 is another treasure in the same tunnel...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you've got yourself Cochetopa, a wonderful and beautiful place to explore....makes us all a bit envious I'll bet!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cochetopa

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I returned to the location

When I began posting on TNet, I vowed to myself I would post a real accounting of my adventures, warts and all. Here goes.

I returned to this location yesterday, which is 11 miles west of Whitewater, CO, just off highway CO-141 at Nancy Hanks Gulch. Beforehand, I dowsed the depth to my TARGET at 5 inches. After hiking into the specific site, I dowsed my TARGET. I turned on my metal detector and set its frequency to 6.4 KHz for deepest penetration (the machine has capability to use one of three user selected frequencies). I swung the coil, and the response was a loud, BEEP. I knew there was metal down in the ground by the volume in my headphones. I dug the TARGET and at 5 inches retrieved an empty 2-cycle engine oil can. :laughing7: ??? There was also a bottle cap nearby.

Dead tree stumps in the area showed someone had been there years ago cutting Pinion pine firewood.

On my hike back to the car, I metal detected in the amphitheatre C between buttes A and B for gold nuggets using 60 KHz frequency for max sensitivity to small metal targets. The ground has only a slight gradient, but rivulets have formed exposing Precambrian bedrock. I beep’d the cracks in these bedrock rivulets, but found nothing. I found two pennies and misc. trash along the 4WD ATV trail.

That’s my story. If anyone else cares to give it a shot, be my guest. Just let the rest of us on the forum know what happens, ok?

Sincerely,
-C

Attachments

• PlanViewSite02.JPG
    PlanViewSite02.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 100
  • MySitePerspective.JPG
    MySitePerspective.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 119
  • MySiteCloseUp.JPG
    MySiteCloseUp.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 114