Map Dowsing Request Please

wendysox

Greenie
Jan 25, 2008
I am trying to learn as much as I can about dowsing and have been trying to practice and learn.

I am trying to investigate 2 "legends" from my community.

1. There was an eccentric old man that lived in this area and buried his money. I know where his home was and used to go there when I was a kid. There is a lot of debris around the ruins and it is hard to metal detect.

johnfrankmap.png

2. There was a bank and a canning factory in the village and the story is that when the banks crashed, they canned the money from the bank and buried it. I have heard this story from numerous elderly residents.

Additionally with this map. During the civil war, soldiers stayed at my family farm on their way to Gettysburg. There was always a family rumor that my ancestors hid all of their valuables so that the soldiers would not take them.
pvmap.png

If anybody could please dowse these maps for me it would be greatly appreciated. It would give me a good start.

Any dowsing tips/suggestions would be appreciated too.

Thanks for any help.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi wendysox,
When do you need the photo dowse completed by?
What kind of dowsing tools do you have? i.e., pendulum?, L-rods?
There are many educational posts from people who use dowsing equipment on the forum along with some links to excellent reading material regarding dowsing. I believe that there is plenty of information to get you started in exploring the many different ways there are to dowse and help you discover what methods work for you to make a successful location and recovery. If you have any questions feel free to ask. When I try to help someone with anything it always helps me to start with what the person already knows about the subject...I mean, why re-invent the wheel if you don't have to.
Jon

OP
OP
W

wendysox

Greenie
Jan 25, 2008
I am a newbie. I have coat hanger rods at this point. I have been reading many of the how-to posts by you and some of the other dowsers. I have so far just been searching for "planted" items in the yard. Have not tried pendulum yet. Previously I have just used a metal detector, but looking for a method to narrow things down a little.

I come from a Pennsylvania dutch family that always believed in dowsing. I wish that I would have taken a little more time to learn from my grandfather.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wendysox said:
I am a newbie. I have coat hanger rods at this point. I have been reading many of the how-to posts by you and some of the other dowsers. I have so far just been searching for "planted" items in the yard. Have not tried pendulum yet. Previously I have just used a metal detector, but looking for a method to narrow things down a little.

I come from a Pennsylvania dutch family that always believed in dowsing. I wish that I would have taken a little more time to learn from my grandfather.

Hi wendysox,
I'm glad you are practicing and you have a test area. I like your enthusiasm and drive. I can relate to your wishing to learn more from someone who is not with us anymore. My grandfather was from Windber PA. My great grandfather had a 100 acre farm there up until 1960 or so.

It looks like your pictures overlap a bit so I'll dowse them both for what your search revolves around.
Jon

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wendysox, red Xs were I get some obvious coin signals. In both maps, got one X that was either mostly or just silver.

Attachments

• johnfrankmapx-wendysox.jpg
    johnfrankmapx-wendysox.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 364
  • pvmapx-wendysox.jpg
    pvmapx-wendysox.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 367
OP
OP
W

wendysox

Greenie
Jan 25, 2008
They do overlap some. I also know where there are 2 junk piles....would it help for you to know where they are?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wendysox said:
They do overlap some. I also know where there are 2 junk piles....would it help for you to know where they are?

Hi, it might help to know that. You never know though, someone may have buried something before the junk got there.
Jon

OP
OP
W

wendysox

Greenie
Jan 25, 2008
Red Desert, Thanks so much for dowsing my map. I am very intrigued by the x's. When I look at the map and knowing the "lay of the land" and some of the history of the properties pictured, I find the locations very interesting. Like they make sense. I am anxious to check these places out. Would you be able to PM me the one that you read high silver? I will let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks, Wendy

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wendysox said:
Red Desert, Thanks so much for dowsing my map. I am very intrigued by the x's. When I look at the map and knowing the "lay of the land" and some of the history of the properties pictured, I find the locations very interesting. Like they make sense. I am anxious to check these places out. Would you be able to PM me the one that you read high silver? I will let you know if I have any luck.

Thanks, Wendy
Yes, and marked the other signal mentioned, next to one X that was missed.

Attachments

• johnfrankmapxcrop-wendysox.jpg
    johnfrankmapxcrop-wendysox.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 157

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi wendysox,
Dowsing revealed in both pictures.....
Blue line area bounded by: Individual silver coins.
Blue circled area: Silver coins attraction.
Green circled area: Gold attraction.
Orange circled area: Lead attraction (minnie ball)
White circled areas: Gold/Silver coins attraction.
Red circled area: I'd like you to check these areas with your metal detector in all metal mode or as close as you can get to all metal (lowest discrimination) and let me know what happens.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon

Attachments

• pvmapdowsed.png
    pvmapdowsed.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 258
  • johnfrankmapdowsed.PNG
    johnfrankmapdowsed.PNG
    248.1 KB · Views: 250

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There could be some gold where the signals seemed mostly silver, just as there could be silver at spots producing a strong gold signal. At least 2 of them had a really high gold content.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread