Follow up

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a follow up on a previous dowse. Supposed to be gold and silver coins or ore. Please dowse.

IMAG0199.jpg

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bookcliff this is going to be tuff on your part, the red x is your gold target,the yellow circle is unwanted targets micro target's and yes they be stronger that the gold target,the very weakest one will be your target. have fun. okie IMAG0199 (Medium) (2).jpg

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

Thank you Okie. I don't know when I'll get down that way again but I'll likely dig whether I run a detector over it or not. As you know, apparently my detector doesn't go as deep as it needs to.
Nicholas

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bookcliff,
Dowsing revealed an attraction to gold in the area of the green circle. Approx. 3 feet deep.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

IMAG0199dowsed.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Xs for coins, the one on the right seems to be just a single surface coin. Green Xs for unidentified type of archaeological signal. Either silver or some mineral very similar, in the lower left section.

IMAG0199-bookcliff.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jon and Red. Now I'll be better prepared the next time I am there. Last year I had flying ants. This year I had the wind. Should be less of both next time with better targets.
Thanks again
Nick

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally made it back down to this location. I ran a detector over all the targets and this is what I recovered. Apparently this location sits on an old fence line. There was a post with a railroad spike in it also which I didn't bother to recover. I only dug one hole that was about a foot deep. All others were just a few inches. My next plan of action is to get a detector that will go deeper. I'm thinking about five feet deep. It was about 100 degrees Fahrenheit at this location. I ran the detector over as much of the area as I could in a reasonable amount of time. I did have another location to go to. I got skunked there as well but I did take some pictures as there was a big problem with the photo that I was using. The target area looked like it was behind other objects in the photo so I took some new ones.
Still tryin'.
Thanks all
Nick

Recovery.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went over my 3 red Xs again. There is a signal I'm picking up for a single coin. It is close to the right red X (slightly off right and down), but isn't the signal for the X. The reason I know the 3 red Xs are different from the coin signal, coin is surface and the Xs very deep, probably deeper than a cache would be made.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red. I'll check it out again when I get down there. I thought I searched that area but maybe not. I had someone with me that wanted to go check out another area so I may not have given this location the attentiion that it needed. Sometimes I can think better when I am by myself too.
Nick

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bookcliff you said "Apparently this location sits on an old fence line. There was a post with a railroad spike in it also which I didn't bother to recover." The spike could have been used to mark a cache site under the post or beside it.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This image is very close to the other one. I believe there at least one good target in this image. I was thinking today that those staples that I recovered were what showed up on Okie's dowse. You guys are good.

WSNB Woodside 100 River.PNG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread