prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Dowsing dudes,

I gotsa another. This one I need to verify 'cause it is so far away it takes two lunches to get there.
Spanish/French no goodniks '0', Indians '1'

Story -

"Spanish TH is located in de desert. Spanish TH may be the site of a fantastic treasure. The story goes like this. In 1750 a band of French and Spanish renegades pushed through this way, loaded with loot stolen from churches in Mexico. Aware that they were being followed by a party of Indians, they sought a place to conceal their treasure before the anticipated attack by the approaching red-men. In the waning hours of the day, they found a cave and in it stored their vast plunder. The delay cost them their lives. The Indians attacked before a defensive position could be prepared and the Spanish and French were wiped out. In recent years there was discovered on a rock formation the crudely carved figures of a Papal Cross and the Cross of Lorraine, small but very evident. A US Judge believed this indicated that the Spanish-French treasure was hidden somewhere near there, most likely in a cave that had been carefully sealed up. He pointed out that the long standing popularity of location as a camping place and landmark, would have more than likely brought the Spanish-French party along this route. The judge died before he could launch a full scale search for the treasure.

Vandals and litterbugs have desecrated the area with all kinds odd miscl metal and other sharp thingies, and if this continues it will soon be closed to the public."

I have been to the site and it is a bi---kitty to search, I could drive up near the tack named Span TH with a 4-wheel drive and a lot of hope I would drive back out with yet inflated tires. The bushes are so tangled together I could barely walk there. I beat the bushes and said "Shoo Snake!" a lot.

I found no caves in the green bushy are east of the boulder area. Maybe they were covered up over the years.

PP

View attachment 633832 View attachment 633833 View attachment 633831 View attachment 633830

OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you click on the pictures, they will eventually upsize to nearly full page.

PP

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks RD,

I appreciate it. Do you have any idea how deep the caves/coins/TH are? From the story, the cave info is a bit exciting. The area on the west side of the road is more in the open but easier to get to. Might have to be "The Midnight Gopher" to dig w/o folks getting too curious. The fields are cultivated crops. Maybe a little detecting around there after harvest?

Think maybe I might find a helmet or a sword? That would be awesome!

PP

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked 1-2 spots for depth, but don't remember now which ones.

OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada
Detector(s) used
ML 4500
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for reply RD,

I am trying to get my finances in order. The money gods have not seen fit to get me another vehicle yet and sent a kidney stone instead. So I am getting myself ready by verifying my research in preparation for when I can go out. I have worked on some of these for years. There is a lot of bum scoop out there.

I have a number of sites I need verified/pinpointed while I sit at home so I do not go stir crazy.

PP

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi prairiepup,
In all 4 pictures, dowsing revealed....
White circled areas: An attraction to Gold and Silver.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon
Spanish4dowsed.jpg
spanish3dowsed.jpg
Spanish2dowsed.jpg

spanishdowsed.jpg

OP
OP
prairiepup

prairiepup

Apr 10, 2012
Nevada