Thanks for the help folks, heres the site I need checked please

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the advice on map editing AA. Here's the site I would appreciate ya'll checking,

Homestead.png

The red squares indicate where I know old homesteads use to be. The largest square is the oldest. Older relics and coins found in that area.
The blue circles indicate natural springs that were used back in the stagecoach days for a watering hole.
The orange diamond shape is an old early 1800 cemetery.
The larger two yellow circles show approximately where we found two impressions that looked like something may have been buried there before or sunk in. I have gone around these areas with my detector and didn't pick up anything.
The small yellow circle in the top left shows where old farm implements and tools have been found.

One more thing, what I am looking for is old slot machines that were buried back in the early 1900's when they cracked down on gambling in Galveston.

Anyone care to give this one a shot I sure would be interested in seeing the outcome and would definitely appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance. Mike.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Xs for coins/treasure signal, deeper signal has a red circle around it, might also be where the spot for slot machine. Green X/circle for archaeological type signals and sites.

Homestead-Tx7.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the quick reply Red Desert, wow lot of targets there. I'm going to look at a close up of the map now, there are several green x's and circles that are very close if not right on the money to where we have found arrowheads etc. Assuming that is what you meant about archaeological type signals and sites. You have one green X just to the left of center that is almost right on top of where a small cave entrance is. The red circle X is interesting too, seems to be in the general location of where we found the two sunken areas, almost like a pattern. Another interesting fact is, in my original post I did not state how many slots were suppose to be buried there. From what I remember, (being over 30yrs ago) I was told there were five or six slots buried. with the two sunken spots, you have three other sites marked. If two of them were removed at one time then you hit that number right on the head also.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the quick reply Red Desert, wow lot of targets there. I'm going to look at a close up of the map now, there are several green x's and circles that are very close if not right on the money to where we have found arrowheads etc. Assuming that is what you meant about archaeological type signals and sites. You have one green X just to the left of center that is almost right on top of where a small cave entrance is. The red circle X is interesting too, seems to be in the general location of where we found the two sunken areas, almost like a pattern. Another interesting fact is, in my original post I did not state how many slots were suppose to be buried there. From what I remember, (being over 30yrs ago) I was told there were five or six slots buried. with the two sunken spots, you have three other sites marked. If two of them were removed at one time then you hit that number right on the head also.
I use green Xs/circles for a variety of old targets----signs/markers, archaeological sites, Indian artifacts, burial mounds, graves, old foundations, etc. Sometimes I'll be more specific, especially if a sign/marker or add a red X to a green circle, when a treasure seems to be located in a grave site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red thanks again, boy you have really got my old mind working now. If you have a little time and would care to pursue this a little more I have added comments to your map about known objects that were in that area back in my early childhood. I'm 58 now and this ranch has been in this family for over 50yrs now and I have dated it back to one of the original spanish land grants. I have even looked at your map and zeroed in with google and was really suprised. Would be nice to pass this stuff on to the grandkids. My oldest son lives in the area too and he's getting involved in metaldetecting, he will go nuts with your map. If you don't have time I understand and appreciate what you've done.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red thanks again, boy you have really got my old mind working now. If you have a little time and would care to pursue this a little more I have added comments to your map about known objects that were in that area back in my early childhood. I'm 58 now and this ranch has been in this family for over 50yrs now and I have dated it back to one of the original spanish land grants. I have even looked at your map and zeroed in with google and was really suprised. Would be nice to pass this stuff on to the grandkids. My oldest son lives in the area too and he's getting involved in metaldetecting, he will go nuts with your map. If you don't have time I understand and appreciate what you've done.

Might not look like it, but I turned 56 a couple months ago. Sure, zooming in on places of interests with GE, done here all the time in the dowsing board.

"dated it back to one of the original spanish land grants."

I decided to check for signs/markers, that green circle below the circle/X is giving off a Spanish like signal, might be good to check it out more.

OP
OP
T

Tx7

Greenie
May 28, 2012
Central Texas
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic Red, talked with my son today and if all goes well we will be heading out there this weekend. I will post what we find although our time may be limited.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a large area to cover, have fun!:thumbsup:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tx7,
Dowsing revealed....
Blue circled areas: An attraction to silver.
Orange circled areas: An attraction to brass...it could be the slot machine gears or shell casings.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon
Homesteaddowsed.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread