aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~bildon~

1. ONE FOR THE DOWSER ABOUT SIGNAL

After a cache has been dug up doe's a signal still remain in that spot?If so for about how long? We are talking about a cache about 5 gallon in size.Thanks bildon
This has never happened to me...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legend has it that the remanence will remain the same amount of time that the cache was buried. I doubt this is accurate but there is no question that it does stay in the ground for some time.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, especially if they don't fill in their holes.I map dowsed once, the old moss covered trench like cache holes in the area of a carved stone indicating the directions of a couple caches. Looked as if they started digging while throwing the dirt behind them, At the one point (far end) appeared to be where the chest was hit, deepest spot with an impression left of what had been recovered.

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard lots of dowsers say it lasts for as long as it was in the ground. If it's true I'm not sure how this is thoroughly tested out. It's called a remnant image. Some dowsers have come across them, some have'nt.
Some dowsers go home empty handed only to discover later that this type of image is what skunked them. They are similar to a ghost hole to a metal detectorist. In my experience it seems to depend on what the cache is contained in, the soil conditions and how much the soil surrounding the cache is disturbed when it was removed...similar to what Red_desert said. It's more prominent If the cache was buried in a porous container or a container thats not rot proof as some of the metal will make contact with the soil thus leaving a small amout behind that the dowsing rods happen to be attracted to giving an indication that the treasure is still there.
Jon

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remnant image .... simple fix..... if you are not( mental dowsing),and useing loaded rods,gold are silver....just lay a coin on the ground some where about 10 feet away... if it pull's to your coin it's a remnant ray.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~JR~
Rmnant image .... simple fix..... if you are not( mental dowsing),and useing loaded rods,gold are silver....just lay a coin on the ground some where about 10 feet away... if it pull's to your coin it's a remnant ray.
Will also work is you suspect rings...Art

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a cache has been dug up doe's a signal still remain in that spot?If so for about how long? We are talking about a cache about 5 gallon in size.Thanks bildon

If you'd like to post a picture of the area I would'nt mind checking it out. Plz indicate north and keep all identifying info off the picture unless that does not bother you.
Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone but at this time i am keeping location a secret as i think he dug it up after his sister died and buried it on his place about 300 yards from here where 2 churns of gold and silver mixed are supposed to be buried and if i am right there is a large treasure in that location the 2 churns plus the chest that i found empty. The info. that i have is pretty solid but nothing is for sure .bildon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread