Dowsing from Tele_prospector

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still finding good stuff on the map I had dowsed a lil while back. I've posted pics previously of some of the "yeller stuff" I've found as a result. I will post some more soon. Several dowsed the map for me but only 2 guys were spot on. The work Tele _prospector has done since has been amazing. I highly recommend him. I was a doubter to start with but not now. After a little over 3 grand of good stuff im a believer for sure now. If any of you want to get specific spot on locations to search this is most definitely the way to go.

Thanks Jon

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still finding good stuff on the map I had dowsed a lil while back. I've posted pics previously of some of the "yeller stuff" I've found as a result. I will post some more soon. Several dowsed the map for me but only 2 guys were spot on. The work Tele _prospector has done since has been amazing. I highly recommend him. I was a doubter to start with but not now. After a little over 3 grand of good stuff im a believer for sure now. If any of you want to get specific spot on locations to search this is most definitely the way to go.

Thanks Jon

Hello bman3725,
You're welcome!
What a wonderful suprise it was when I saw your post!
Thank you so much for your kind words and for posting the results of your field work from the dowsed picture!
That's really great news! I'm also thrilled that this has sparked your interest in learning more about the dowsing phenomenon. I'd love to be there in the field with you but for now keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing your results.
Jon

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good dowsing Jon, I think I'd only marked the gold veins.

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red you also marked some nice spots by the way. I am sold on dowsing and now im eager to learn all I can

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red you also marked some nice spots by the way. I am sold on dowsing and now im eager to learn all I can
Yeah, I did check for some placer gold deposits, but didn't mark them. It is hard to tell sometimes what a treasure hunter is really wanting to find. Usually like to keep the veins separate from the deposits when marked.

Jon had found a good spot, so figured it would be plenty to check out. Gold is good!:thumbsup:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good dowsing Jon, I think I'd only marked the gold veins.
Hi Red_desert and thank you!. I don't doubt at all that there are veins there as well. bman has a really good site for gold.Jon

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah there are some veins there no doubt. There were many old mines around those hills. Getting there is the hard part. But with the help from you 2 we found the good panning sites.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've saved up a lot of gold pans from GPAA membership renewals, sometime hope to get use out of them. If I can get away, usually is the hot, dry, desert where no water can be found in any of the streambeds, except maybe January.

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red we have been taking a lil water with us just a small amount enough to find some good dirt then taking it home and processing it there. We have plenty of flowing creeks but its been crazy hot in the triple digits

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I understand having to take it back to pan. Problem for me, was living out of my car/tent and the water needed to drink just to survive. I learned a really neat way to dry sample using my rods with a pan. At a dowsed spot, take a couple scoops and place in the pan. Check the pan, then again the hole. Each time you get nothing in the pan with the rods, dump it out, repeat the process. Usually a certain depth, the signals start in the pan while responding to the hole also. You can see how black the dirt becomes, black sand concentrated by nature. Well, next time should buy a dry washer to take along, would be fun to learn to use one of them.

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Again Jon!!!

Hey guys sometimes treasure may not be silver and gold....lol I needed to dig a well for livestock on our family farm and tele_prospector came through for me again. Not only did i find the water well i needed i also hit a nice size spring 2 weeks later. Thanks again my friend

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Again Jon!!!Hey guys sometimes treasure may not be silver and gold....lol I needed to dig a well for livestock on our family farm and tele_prospector came through for me again. Not only did i find the water well i needed i also hit a nice size spring 2 weeks later. Thanks again my friend
Hi bman great news! and you're welcome,Jon

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still finding things from learning dowsing from teleprospector, the maps he and Red_desert have dowsed for me have turned up interesting finds. I have been dowsing a few months now on these locations, look at some of my newer posts on "todays finds" and other threads to see these guys aree first class. im stil learning for sure and it is a lot of fun to divine with my rods then check behind myself with metal detector....lol i laugh every time. thanks again you 2!!!!!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still finding things from learning dowsing from teleprospector, the maps he and Red_desert have dowsed for me have turned up interesting finds. I have been dowsing a few months now on these locations, look at some of my newer posts on "todays finds" and other threads to see these guys aree first class. im stil learning for sure and it is a lot of fun to divine with my rods then check behind myself with metal detector....lol i laugh every time. thanks again you 2!!!!!
Hey Byron good to hear from your and your success via dowsing!Thank you,Jon

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
It might be a nice gesture to send a sample of your recovered items to the dowser that put you on the spot. That would help his
dowsing mind set.
Dowsers are rarely compensated for their work, except for water dowsers who make agreements up front.
Rich

OP
OP
bman3725

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurefinder i intend on doing that very thing to my good friends getting the $$$$ is the easy part, getting it out of the ground and processed is the hard and time consuming part. You bring up a good point. I fully intend on taking care of Jon for his help

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
100_0926_00.jpg
~Red desert~
Oh, I understand having to take it back to pan. Problem for me, was living out of my car/tent and the water needed to drink just to survive. I learned a really neat way to dry sample using my rods with a pan. At a dowsed spot, take a couple scoops and place in the pan. Check the pan, then again the hole. Each time you get nothing in the pan with the rods, dump it out, repeat the process. Usually a certain depth, the signals start in the pan while responding to the hole also. You can see how black the dirt becomes, black sand concentrated by nature. Well, next time should buy a dry washer to take along, would be fun to learn to use one of them. one of them.
Good advice...I have used that method. I now dig into a 5 gallon bucket with a ¾ inch screen on the top. I also have an old shower curtain in my back pack. I can dump the material from the bucket onto the curtain and use the rods to eliminate a lot of the material..No sense in carrying that extra weight back to canp... Back in camp I have a 3 foot by 1 foot box made with ¼ inch hard ware clothe to screen more of the material from the cons....Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey bman3725...Just a little information that may help you...For me when I get a reading on a gold vein I only get the hot spots..From your posts I assume you are finding what is called float...Float is pieces of gold that comes down the mountain from an exposed vein. It can take a million years for it to work it’s way down to a stream...
The way I find this exposed vein is to find the spot on the stream that has no more gold. I go up the hill side and dig holes working downstream marking each hole and what came out of them. I then pan these holes and put where the gold came from on a map. I then go up hill about twenty yards and do the same thing. The gold should have come down the hill in an upside down V pattern...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread