could someone dowse this picture

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Quattro, Liberty Headphones, Garrett Pinpointer, Minelab ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am super interested in map dowsing and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from anyone on the forum. Having said that is anyone interested in looking at the attached photo and seeing if there is anything of interest there. This lake has been in use since the early 1900's. Workers used to harvest ice from there and it has bee a popular place for outing for over 100 years. There has to be something there for detectorists and relic hunting. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• crystal lake.jpg
    crystal lake.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 114

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green circles for places you might check for relics, old stuff. Red circles loose or surface coins on land, coins/jewelry at the shoreline.

crystal lake-icanfindem.jpg

OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Quattro, Liberty Headphones, Garrett Pinpointer, Minelab ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red,
Thank you so much for the help. I want to get more 'into' map dowsing. Any book suggestions or other ideas on how best to learn the art? Again, thanks for reading the map. I will likely have more to read in the future.

OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red, I see only yellow and red circles. Are the yellow the relics? Thanks againg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, I see only yellow and red circles. Are the yellow the relics? Thanks againg
I probably didn't get them green enough, looked ok in Firefox browser on my old computer running WXP. Books on dowsing? I have my own way, dowsing is more learning to get a response and to understand what signals you are picking up.

OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Red. That is sound advice. I need to see someone do it or watch a video to understand the basics of the 'dowser'. I think for now pendulum map dowsing is most intriguing to me. I do a lot of research before detecting a spot and dowsing could figure right into what I do.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Illustrations can show rod movements. Before the rods cross, I experience spread rods, maybe slight end movements close to line of field.

Attachments

• Figure _M.jpg
    Figure _M.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Figure _J.jpg
    Figure _J.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 117
  • triangulation_1.jpg
    triangulation_1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Figure _A.jpg
    Figure _A.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 112
  • Figure _F.jpg
    Figure _F.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
I

icanfindem

Jul 2, 2012
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red,
I hunted some of the areas around the shoreline and found coins and bullets. So far I haven't made it back there to hunt the places you have outlined but will do so soon. Thank you once again for dowsing the image.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, good luck...did you give dowsing a try yet?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello icanfindem,
Dowsing revealed....
Northerly white circled areas: Gold jewellry and coins
Southerly white circled areas: Loose coins.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon
crystallakedowsed.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread