My L-Rod Dowsing facts.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some of the facts i figured out so far. These relate to L-rod Dowsing, using Element to signal Element by Molecular connection.

Dowsing power is Not constant.
L-rod material, size and length are important.
It is possable to signal very distant targets, depending on their Element quantity and power strength at the time of dowse.
Gemstones can be Dowsed, and have strong frequencies.
Depth of target can be Dowsed over top of it.
Target paramaters signal strong, allowing size determination.
The stronger the signal the bigger the target.
There is a phantom signal, a rare return signal.
Keys don't Dowse my car, and paper money doesn't dowse itself either.
It is possible to Dowse and locate Cobalt and Depression glass.
Distance of far objects can be triangulated, using GPS, Compassn, and map.
Platinum is a strong Meteorite signal.
Dowsing by Molecular connection is 100% discrimination.
Signal Element quantity can be small.
L-Rod Dowsing can signal the slightest presance of an Element.
Compound minerals and Elements will signal same.
Targets signal thru, in, or across water.
Assaying of target can be done by equal comparison Element.
Direction traveled over target isn't relavent.
L-Rods signal paramaters of target, right below the L-Rods crossed, about six inches in front of your feet, depending on how you hold them at your chest.
Quantity of Element can be determined from distance.
Not good to practice with Lead, weak signal.
Depth of target cannot be determined from a distance further than itks halo.
You can Dowse from a ship or boat.
All lost, hidden, and unknown valuable Elements can be located.
I'm sure I can think of more. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. All tested and provable. I left some out, not for the world to know yet.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A little trick we use when dowsing with our non electronically enhanced silver rods is to put a silver dollar between our fingers while gripping the rods. One in each hand. It really bumps up the strength. Try it.

Also to get a fairly good idea of depth measure the distance after you cross the target line from where the rods re-cross. Measure the distance from the recross back to the target and you should have a good idea of depth. Some dowsers get a back course before the re-cross some don't. Work back from the re-cross. Measure from the back of your heels to the target when you get the recross.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More.
Teleride ia a strong ore signal.
Meteorites are everywhere at all depths.
Small swivel rods detect most element signals.
Long swivel rods detect quantity best.
Depth halo is a 45 degree half strength signal.
Wet ground conducts better, depending on dowsing power strength.
Solar activities don't have any effect on dowsing.
It's best to use swivel rods to dowse on low power.
Aluminum is a bad conductor for L-rod material.
Low power, 5 or less is on 95% of the time, hight power 1%.
Mid length rods aren' as sensative as short and long ones.
Multiple targets in close proximity to themselves can be determined from a distance.
Dowsing with alloyed elements can cause misleads.
Multiple element targets are usually meteorites.
Power constantly changes, sometimes within seconds.
Iron in copper makes the best swivel rods.
So far the deepest I've signaled is 25 feet, and the furthest 20 miles.
Some treasure leads are true an still there where I left them.
My explorer II relic detecter isn't powerful enough to detect a 100gram iron meteorite unless touching it, even with discrimination off. But to 100yds away with certain elements, and high power.
Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took 9 yrs of intense practice, and in june of 12 I did the thought impossible, I mastered dowsing with l-rods. It's not right in front of your eyes. It's what you can't see, in a different dimention. With power changing constantly, accurate dowsing is difficult.
I haven't ever seen anyone post most of what I talk about. So I will hold back some things for you to figure out. Dowser

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Dixiegal
Also to get a fairly good idea of depth measure the distance after you cross the target line from where the rods re-cross. Measure the distance from the recross back to the target and you should have a good idea of depth. Some dowsers get a back course before the re-cross some don't. Work back from the re-cross. Measure from the back of your heels to the target when you get the recross.
I buried a two foot square iron plate in my test garden two feet deep. I slowly walk until the rods open and mark the spot. I walk until my rods start to close and inch my way along. When my rod tips are 1 inch apart I have move 2 feet...that is how I tell the depth...Art

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some good basic instructions. many can esily conquer distance, direction and depth, but many can't find the exact spot to dig. Pinpointing is the part most have trouble with. There can be many variations to the pinpointing rule. Depending on whether you use one rod or two can have a drastic effect on your pinpointing. When you approach a target from a distance, your rods will start to act differently and when you move over a target they can do many things unexpected. Sometimes they can spin in a circle, reverse direction, or actually bob up and down. Being able to read what they are doing is the hardest part to learn in dowsing. This is the reason amny caches are still in the ground. They have been dowsed from a distance but not precisely located close enough to dig. Many have walked away dissapointed because they didn't get to retrieve their targets. After many years of dowsing, I have seen most errors committed by dowsers. I have even committed some myself. It is a lerning process that never stops. Just when you think you have seen it all, a new set of circumstances can present themselves. Good Luck. rockhound

I'm confused, how can the target be difficult to pinpoint, it's at the end of a line, and correctly your signal element is at the other end of the line. It does NOT matter which way you approach your target, it's still the same target from any direction, the only difference is a connection line poking out one direction. People it's not that difficult when you know how to do it right. Dowser

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More.
Teleride ia a strong ore signal.
Meteorites are everywhere at all depths.
Small swivel rods detect most element signals.
Long swivel rods detect quantity best.
Depth halo is a 45 degree half strength signal.
Wet ground conducts better, depending on dowsing power strength.
Solar activities don't have any effect on dowsing.
It's best to use swivel rods to dowse on low power.
Aluminum is a bad conductor for L-rod material.
Low power, 5 or less is on 95% of the time, hight power 1%.
Mid length rods aren' as sensative as short and long ones.
Multiple targets in close proximity to themselves can be determined from a distance.
Dowsing with alloyed elements can cause misleads.
Multiple element targets are usually meteorites.
Power constantly changes, sometimes within seconds.
Iron in copper makes the best swivel rods.
So far the deepest I've signaled is 25 feet, and the furthest 20 miles.
Some treasure leads are true an still there where I left them.
My explorer II relic detecter isn't powerful enough to detect a 100gram iron meteorite unless touching it, even with discrimination off. But to 100yds away with certain elements, and high power.
Dowser

Solar activities don't have any bad effect on Dowsing. I forgot the word bad, did anybody see that.

High solar activity is better Dowsing, and low to nill Earth Magnetic activity is bad Dowsing. High causes more caous in molecules hurring to align , making the magnetic differences of alignment, Dowsable. Low allows all Molecules to align the same, making dowsingunable to detect and react without a Magnetic field created by missaligned Molecules. Got it ?m Dowser

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We have never had a problem pinpointing a target. We use our LRL which is an electronically enhanced dowsing system and then when we cross the target we re-verify with the pulse or two box and the non electronic rods.

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So honestly full moon and two days after and high solar flare days are awesome for using even the Anderson Mineral Rod then??

MrBalance

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellow dowsers,

All terrain will not lay horizontally.

On that terrain it is important to mentally tell the rods to define direction as:
"horizontal projection direction"

Steep terrain will make problems for the L-rod without this mental note.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
coyote, i was taught that there are 7 days of full moon. 3 days before, The day of, and 3 days after. those days are supposed to be the best days for dowsing unless you are mental dowsing, as i have been told. one more thing to consider is the fact that many old timers would hunt money only at night because there is no interference from the sun.
Sam ''lobo'' Wolf taught that gold has 44 magnetic images during the day and they move with the sun. can you see a problem with that? one more before i get kicked around here. i had an Anderson antennae rod for several years. boy oh boy was that thing good! real good at finding iron, tin cans, and junk. i still have one but don't use it. not trying to cut you down, just telling you how it was with me. just don't give up, keep at it because some folks had good success with that rod, and i suspect they were close to the target to start with. have fun,
tenclaw

Hawgwild

Oct 29, 2012
Shreveport, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is most interesting and fascinating...

I'm thinking I would like to try using the rods, so what type should one get. I saw some on Amazon. Both are copper - one has wooden handles and one without the wod.

I also like and believe in the power of crystals but may try that later.

Last edited:

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is most interesting and fascinating...

I'm thinking I would like to try using the rods, so what type should one get. I saw some on Amazon. Both are copper - one has wooden handles and one without the wod.

I also like and believe in the power of crystals but may try that later.

You might consider the American Society of Dowsers bookstore, Abbington Mega, Free Template by Picaflor Azul Zen Cart Design
Dowsing equipment and books are available there at reasonable prices. I am no longer a member of ASD, so I receive no benefit if you shop there. I just want fellow forum members to be aware this supplies source exists.

Cochetopa

1Beachnut

Greenie
Apr 3, 2011
I am new to dousing for treasure's, but I have doused quite a bit over my 30 year career working for AT&T. When ever my electronic cable locator failed to locate a buried cable, (3M Dynatel, Radio detection, & HP), I would pull out my dousing rods and they always would work! Now that I am retired, I thought since it worked so good for utilities, why not try it for treasures? I was searching for a cache last week, in the mountains where there were many granite outcroppings. I found that while using just one rod, for distance locating, and direction detection, as I followed the lead from my rod I got near a granite outcropping. My single rod kept pointing towards the granite outcropping no mater how I turned around, or away from it. Then as I got closer to the outcropping, I switched to two L rods. As I climbed up the bluff and passed over the top of a large granite rock, (boulders), my rods would cross over the tops of them as if they were a target. Or, If i had one bolder sitting 2' away from another, the rods would cross passing between these two boulders. This was real interesting to me as I had never doused near native boulders before. These boulders had potential Spanish markings on them, so I was real hopeful for a cache, nearby, or for further direction. Yet, walking all around this out cropping, I would only get hits over every boulder, and between them too! Switching back to just one rod, I got three distinct directions, pointing in the same directions these "potential" Spanish markers might be pointing. The "Potential" Spanish markers formed a triangle, on the top of this bluff outcropping, pointing 3 ways, just as my L rod did. Maybe the Spaniards were just marking what they had found with rods too?? I surly did not want to try and see if something might be beneath these boulders, (very unlikely), as the boulders are huge, and if they are Spanish markers, it would destroy them. But why the crossed rods over each boulder? Even in between them, It's like a hot spot or something... I then covered the area with my Whites MXT but found nothing... I did dig down 18" where the rods crossed between the two boulders as that was my only hit where there was only dirt, and not boulder, but found nothing.

Lastly,,, there are also signs that native Indian's had been in this area, and I have a strange feeling around this place,,, almost like being watched. It does not feel evil, yet, like an energy, or presence is somehow in that area.

No, I'm not crazy...:tongue3: Any thoughts??

1Beachnut

Last edited:

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to dousing for treasure's, but I have doused quite a bit over my 30 year career working for AT&T. When ever my electronic cable locator failed to locate a buried cable, (3M Dynatel, Radio detection, & HP), I would pull out my dousing rods and they always would work! Now that I am retired, I thought since it worked so good for utilities, why not try it for treasures? I was searching for a cache last week, in the mountains where there were many granite outcroppings. I found that while using just one rod, for distance locating, and direction detection, as I followed the lead from my rod I got near a granite outcropping. My single rod kept pointing towards the granite outcropping no mater how I turned around, or away from it. Then as I got closer to the outcropping, I switched to two L rods. As I climbed up the bluff and passed over the top of a large granite rock, (boulders), my rods would cross over the tops of them as if they were a target. Or, If i had one bolder sitting 2' away from another, the rods would cross passing between these two boulders. This was real interesting to me as I had never doused near native boulders before. These boulders had potential Spanish markings on them, so I was real hopeful for a cache, nearby, or for further direction. Yet, walking all around this out cropping, I would only get hits over every boulder, and between them too! Switching back to just one rod, I got three distinct directions, pointing in the same directions these "potential" Spanish markers might be pointing. The "Potential" Spanish markers formed a triangle, on the top of this bluff outcropping, pointing 3 ways, just as my L rod did. Maybe the Spaniards were just marking what they had found with rods too?? I surly did not want to try and see if something might be beneath these boulders, (very unlikely), as the boulders are huge, and if they are Spanish markers, it would destroy them. But why the crossed rods over each boulder? Even in between them, It's like a hot spot or something... I then covered the area with my Whites MXT but found nothing... I did dig down 18" where the rods crossed between the two boulders as that was my only hit where there was only dirt, and not boulder, but found nothing.

Lastly,,, there are also signs that native Indian's had been in this area, and I have a strange feeling around this place,,, almost like being watched. It does not feel evil, yet, like an energy, or presence is somehow in that area.

No, I'm not crazy...:tongue3: Any thoughts??

1Beachnut

Why not take some pictures of the area and put them on the treasure sign and trail markers forum.. There might be something there that you are not seeing that the trained eyes on there might.

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the auto has Leather seats and I'm sitting on them, I get expected dowsing signals, If its cloth seats my L-Rods spin all the while.

Tommy 1

Jan 20, 2017
Nelspruit
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Gold+
Nokta Au Gold Finder
Teknetics G2
Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unreal, yet very real.

Dear Doser

It feels like I have known you all my life. I value your input and hold you in high regard.
I have never thought much of guys who follows "self-proclaimed" leaders, but **** uncle, I kid you not, I WOULD FOLLOW YOU!

I can see what you are about. I need to get in touch with you please. I will PM you. Please respond.
:key:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread