Currious? Does anybody make there own L dowsing rods? coat hangers?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to bend my own without handles, styles to fit the hands well, for different uses. A couple rest the edge of your hands when walking up a hill. Evcuse the coins, those were just added for decoration over old maps, just for the photos. I prefer lighter bronze rods, slightly longer for slower steady movement or shorter for speedy responses.

Attachments

• myrods1.jpg
    myrods1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 339
  • rods_TH2.jpg
    rods_TH2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 293

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My fiancee' made a set of silver L rods out of silver solder. They work very well. We enhance them by holding a silver dollar in each hand when we use them.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have made Rods out of most of the metals you can find in a welding shop. All the different diameters, with or without handles and even some with adjustable lengths...they all worked just some are better than others...I now use only rods made from 3/16 brass...Why..because they just feel better in my hands....Art

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now let me ask you something for instance if you didn't have somelike say silver or gold in your hand as a enhancer would it primarily just chase water or do got to concentrate on what your after?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Some people can and some people can’t...I always use bait...that keeps me from getting unwanted items..I always try to bait my rods..The first photo are my gold only rods..I just took a couple of small clinkers and put them on the rods using Liquid Black tape...Art

Job 002.jpg Film Canister.GIF

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok very interesting, so what ever you put in for a sample in the little dispenser thats what it should be looking for correct? now do you or maybe you know of anyone thats actually made the tips of like gold or silver to really fine tune or do you think it would really matter?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I used to be able to do this with coat hangers looking for water. I tried last summer with no luck however???

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there Diesel Ram I see your in Maine what town you in? sorry you didn't good luck i'm always trying to find different ways to find real treasure or at least to get an edge, i use to water douse when i was a kid but used apple wood and Y stick the signal was so strong that the bark would twist off in my hands some times

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello there Diesel Ram I see your in Maine what town you in? sorry you didn't good luck i'm always trying to find different ways to find real treasure or at least to get an edge, i use to water douse when i was a kid but used apple wood and Y stick the signal was so strong that the bark would twist off in my hands some times

I am in Waldoboro Maine, I will try dowsing again when it warms up this spring. I know it works, I just need some more time to practice. Have you been able to find anything besides water?

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't know back then all i knew it was for hunting water purposes then, just looking to try dowsing rods and had been looking LRL's for some time but thats something that they don't like to discuss here so but anyways what amazes me is how you can dowse maps? in a million years never would've have thought to do anything like that, by the way i hunt with a guy that doesn't live to far from you might know his name is Joe Huber from Warren great guy goes by the handle of mainejoe on the MDM forum. on some of the other forums i'm also known as AMCJAVELIN, hey take it easy.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No it will always go to silver but we found that baiting the rods with silver dollars enhances the signal. So now we just always do it.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well as soon as i get a little time i'm going to build some and try them and thanks for all the tips!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Here are the rods I build and use from basic bare brass to brass w/copper bearing handles and powerloads to my top of the line Teleprospector 1 Rod pictured assembled and in the 3 piece knockdown (my prototype f/design purposes)for travel/storage. Plz pm or email [email protected] if you have any questions,Jon

Attachments

• barebrassrods.JPG
    barebrassrods.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 327
  • brcurods.JPG
    brcurods.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 416
  • brcuamprods.JPG
    brcuamprods.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 539
  • TP1Rod.JPG
    TP1Rod.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coat hangers might contain all sorts of garbage in the metal and paint. I suppose nowadays they are cleaner but no telling what they are composed of. Even some brass contains lead.

According to Fred Stewart, To learn, start at age five, practice every healthy day and by the time you are thirty years old, you will have reached your plateau. That does not mean you will be a good dowser. Learn some form of meditation and you will be way ahead.

As for a witness, that mainly is used to impress the subconscious and has little effect unless within a few feet. You can just write it down on a piece of paper.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
As for a witness, that mainly is used to impress the subconscious and has little effect unless within a few feet. You can just write it down on a piece of paper.
I have known a lot of Dowsers. I would say that about 70% of them use a witness. Please explain how you know that they only work for a few feet?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most materials will work to one extent or the other. Copper works good for some people but not all. For me, the best way to kill the response is to use a wood handle. Maybe something fresh-cut, but not your kiln dried lumber. 1313 Dead End Drive

Studies Bill Cox and Verne Cameron did have shown the gold-plated or silver rods have little positive effect, some claim less effective.

Reminds me of the Movie with Nick Nolte "Down and Out in Beverly Hills". The one rich guy his family made their fortune selling coat hangers. LOL Better hire an accountant.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread