Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info johnu33301.I will get one soon as possible and take some pictures at known treasure sights.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With my new filter, I had to adjust the light meter set to a plus 1 1/4-1 3/4 f-stops exposure using the highest speed ISO setting. Then the IR only activated if my hand was over the SLRD viewfinder.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The octogon shaped sorta white spots you see in your pics are not orbs or some paranormal activity.It is dust on your lens or dust in the air.They will always be in the shape of whatever your F stops are on your camera lens.Try cleaning your lens before you take some pics.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was 2 different IR filter systems used here. I think the last set was screw on filter mount, the other darker set using Cokin filters. Anybody who knows photographic systems will know what this means. If you have a filter holder that accepts square filters, I'm thinking they have a holder fits 2 filters at once. Taking a shot down at sunset, there might be a possibility of the sunlight getting in between the filters, causing an orb effect.

I can't say if all can be explaned or not, some people believe in them.

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic i took back in 1977 in a dusty warehouse setup with ramps for skateboarding.There was dust on my lens and i used a off camera flash.Do you see all the octagon dust images all over the pic?I was shooting at F11,(lens aperture) so the foreground and background is in focus.This was b/w tri-x film.The octagons ar rollerrink.jpg e not orbs,or ghosts or your dead parents or some paranormal activity.If you shoot with a wide open lens aperture you will not get the octagon shapes,you may get round circles as this is what the aperture will look like inside your lens,the smaller the aperture the more octagon it will look.I have been a pro photographer since 1970 so i know what im talking about.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there are a lot of effects from dust. One thing can't be explained is what looks like a hand reaching up from under the sidewalk edge, let me see if I can find it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic i took back in 1977 in a dusty warehouse setup with ramps for skateboarding.There was dust on my lens and i used a off camera flash.Do you see all the octagon dust images all over the pic?I was shooting at F11,(lens aperture) so the foreground and background is in focus.This was b/w tri-x film.The octagons ar View attachment 1295694 e not orbs,or ghosts or your dead parents or some paranormal activity.If you shoot with a wide open lens aperture you will not get the octagon shapes,you may get round circles as this is what the aperture will look like inside your lens,the smaller the aperture the more octagon it will look.I have been a pro photographer since 1970 so i know what im talking about.
I think I'd found some of what you were talking about in your pic.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here iis the original photo, did nothing to change or improve the color. Last time I probably messed it up, trying to adjust the brightness. I've only cropped it down, there is absolutely no photo-shopping in these.

Attachments

• hand.JPG
    hand.JPG
    751.9 KB · Views: 70
  • hand2.jpg
    hand2.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 75
  • hand3.jpg
    hand3.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 74
  • hand4.jpg
    hand4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 64

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now here is a negative or reverse color image. Cropped down the orb in the top left corner, darkened it some to be more visible. Take a good close look at the circular shape. There is a less visible octagon shape around the outer edge, but inside you see a perfect circle.

Attachments

• hand4neg.jpg
    hand4neg.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 74
  • hand4negB.jpg
    hand4negB.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 69

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All i see are octagons with rounded like corners.Its dust on the surface of your lens or IR filters or fungus or dust inside the lens elements,which you can do nothing to fix unless you work on your own lenses like i do.You can also get lens flare in circles or octagons too.see pic. lens_flare_types.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I agree the circles can definitely be explained.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread