Is map dowsing a hoax?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
ClonedSIM,
As i said before, if it was close enough for me to field dowse and dig up after map dowsing it, thenj I may or may not decide to work
on it. However with my own projects to work on, I won't spend any time on someone else's project that I am not interested in to
prove my hobby to that someone else. Pick your partners carefully, not someone you spend so much time trying to prove wrong.
I pick my partners carefully and not just someone who wants me to find him some loot so he can share it with me. I spend some time
on this forum so I can trade ideas with other DEDICATED dowsers.
Rich

Wow, what's with the attitude, TF? And how can you expect someone to be a "dedicated" dowser when they've never seen anyone recover a previously unknown target?

I'm a very dedicated Treasure Seeker, did you stop to consider that? Have you given thought to the idea that I'm also checking to see if anyone here is worth working with myself? I have access to many great sites here in NM and, although I have a top-notch metal-detecting partner, I do live in mostly open desert, and there are vast expanses of land that have been untouched by humans for hundreds of years. Unfortunately, spaces like this are hard to metal detect completely. I thought going in with some additional information would come in handy.

So, what's my first idea? See if I can find a map-dowser that can hit the utility lines on my land, something that has been advertised as one of the easier methods of dowsing, before asking him or her to take a look at what might be more lucrative plots of land that I have permission to hunt.

By the way, and this is for everyone... No one would come in here and ask you do map-dowse a location, just so they can go out and do a bunch of digging, waste a ton of their own time, just to come back here and say "I didn't find anything, so the joke must be on you!!"

If I'm willing to put in the work of target recovery, and also make an offer to split any finds with the dowser that found it, then doesn't it stand to reason that a map-dowser that's sure of himself would only gain from that relationship?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Hi Cloned,
You had not previously said anything about looking for a partner. What we were getting sounded like constant
testing and disbelief. I have gotten that for years and it usually sounds like the same song. "Help me find
something and I will share it with you!" No disrespect meant, but I do have my own leads, and not enough
time to work them all. I met three treasure hunters briefly a few months back and they wanted me to go with
them to work something that weekend with no preliminary establishing of friendship, info on the target or what
my schedule was like. I had to work that weekend and they gave me a rude sendoff over having to work.
That is fairly a common approach and it gets old after a while.
Incidentally I have also worked New Mexico with a long time friend/treasure hunter. We have two very good spots
which turned out to be on land not available for one reason or another and some other spots requiring a little
more work.
I wish you the best of finds, but I am spread too thin to work or be tested on other projects.
Rich

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hi Cloned,
You had not previously said anything about looking for a partner. What we were getting sounded like constant
testing and disbelief. I have gotten that for years and it usually sounds like the same song. "Help me find
something and I will share it with you!" No disrespect meant, but I do have my own leads, and not enough
time to work them all. I met three treasure hunters briefly a few months back and they wanted me to go with
them to work something that weekend with no preliminary establishing of friendship, info on the target or what
my schedule was like. I had to work that weekend and they gave me a rude sendoff over having to work.
That is fairly a common approach and it gets old after a while.
Incidentally I have also worked New Mexico with a long time friend/treasure hunter. We have two very good spots
which turned out to be on land not available for one reason or another and some other spots requiring a little
more work.
I wish you the best of finds, but I am spread too thin to work or be tested on other projects.
Rich

Rich,
I appreciate your candor, but I do want to point out that, like you, i don't have a ton of time to hunt either. That's why I was curious to see if anyone here actually had map-dowsing chops, or if it was all just smoke and mirrors. Based on what I've seen so far, most map dowses here are more concerned with telling you what can't be done, as opposed to what can.

At any rate, I posted a photo of a new hunting area in it's own thread that might benefit from a little map-dowsing, so if you get a chance at some point, swing on by the post and take a look.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
To Cloned,
Treasure Hunting is kind of a secretive hobby, especailly when it comes to sharing a find. You have to have good partners or none
at all. Typically good dowsers don't need a partner and I can understand why non dowsers want to work with a good dowser.
My answer was to investigate it myself (30 years ago) and to find out how to dowse myself. There are lots of sites to work on
and all dowsers probably have their own spots to work on. Again you show skepticism about dowsing and I just don't have to
help someone else with their recoveries when I have my own targets to work on.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread