signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stefen, you hit it. Also the question is if these guys are really psychics or not. Are they here to dishearten people against dowsing? There really a case for this point. You look at almost any thread here and everyone gives a different spot or spots. Something is not right. It's very easy to prey on someone's greed. to get something for "free". I wonder how many people have been turned off to dowsing because of these guys. Is it a betrayal of trust? I have to wonder if some people have been hypnotized like being drawn into some religious fringe group. How dare you question this.

It appears "Is Map Dowsing A Hoax?" is a question with two (2) distinct positions, either you are a beleiver and support map dowsing or you are of the opinion its a hoax.

As it happens, the Dowsing Forum is open to the entire Treasure Net community, regardless of their respective beleif systems.

Because a individual feels map dowsing is bulldust, is not an open invitation, for others to take aggressive stances and come off sounding like a junkyard dog.

Personal verbal attacks and rhetoric are the lowest form of arguements...it begins to revert to 1st grader-playground-bullying-tactics...:icon_scratch:

Whats the chance of seeing some reasonable dialog happening without getting wound too tight? :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a person stares at a spot for thirty seconds, they create a hot spot, a thought pattern that a dowsing rod will respond to. I don't know if this is what is happening, but I suggest this could be the case. Then the person who posted the photo says to themself "Wow! Just what I thought." Of course this is not map dowsing at all. Very much the same as a gypsy fortune teller operates.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~signal line~
Stefen, you hit it. Also the question is if these guys are really psychics or not.
The only ones making that claim are the SKEPTICS.
Are they here to dishearten people against dowsing?
Yes...that is the skeptics game.
T
here really a case for this point. You look at almost any thread here and everyone gives a different spot or spots.
Yes..that seems to be the way it works...
Something is not right. It's very easy to prey on someone's greed. to get something for "free".
Not if they are enjoying what they are doing
I wonder how many people have been turned off to dowsing because of these guys. Is it a betrayal of trust?
Have you saw anyone complaining except for you skeptics?
I have to wonder if some people have been hypnotized like being drawn into some religious fringe group.
Another skeptic plan
And the more I talk about the worse the hatred grows. How dare you question this.
No hatred Mike...Just the truth..Art

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you hit it there when you say it is not entirely scientific. All attempts to scientifically validate dowsing have failed, Which says just about everything that needs to be said about Dowsing.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there just jealous cause there not finding the good stuff like we are rolmao

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I think you hit it there when you say it is not entirely scientific.
You are right..It just’s finds treasure.
All attempts to scientifically validate dowsing have failed,
Not when someone has done a scientifically controlled test
Water Diviner - Article 3
WATER DOWSING IN ARID REGIONS:
Report on a 10 year German Government Project
(Based on the Article published in the Journal of Scientific Exploration
Stanford University Stanford, Ca. USA , March 27, 1995)

In an article published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Scientific Exploration, a science journal with the editorial offices at Stanford University, Professor Hans-Dieter Betz, a physicist at the University of Munich, presents the results of a German government sponsored program to test and apply dowsing methods to locate water sources in arid regions. This ten year project involved over 2000 drillings in Sri Lanka, Zaire, Kenya, Namibia, Yemen and other countries and is thus the most ambitious experiment with water dowsing ever carried out.
W
hich says just about everything that needs to be said about Dowsing.
Yes it does....Art

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, this is just a question I'm not stating an opinion about dowsing of any kind. What I'm wondering is if you can find out where treasure is by dowsing then why do dowsers list metal detectors as some of their equipment? From some of what I read it looks like dowsers are able to tell how deep some stuff is.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~NJHunter~
Ok, this is just a question I'm not stating an opinion about dowsing of any kind. What I'm wondering is if you can find out where treasure is by dowsing then why do dowsers list metal detectors as some of their equipment? From some of what I read it looks like dowsers are able to tell how deep some stuff is.
I don’t use a metal detector but some do...Yes I can determine the depth of the target..The distance and the depth that dowsers can use is the important difference..If a person wants to use metal detectors along with their rods that’s the way they like to work...Myself, I will use any and all tools to locate and recover gold...Art

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dowsing is not an exact science. It can get you to a location but you may need all the equipment you can get to pinpoint where to dig. I notice that most of the metal detector guys have multiple detectors. Some have more than half a dozen. Why? I imagine they probably have many different digging tools. If it was easy I guess we would see all the skeptics of dowsing posting pictures of all their finds. Maybe they are too busy making fun of others to actually have time to do any digging or treasure hunting of their own.

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigdogdad said:
Dowsing is not an exact science. It can get you to a location but you may need all the equipment you can get to pinpoint where to dig. I notice that most of the metal detector guys have multiple detectors. Some have more than half a dozen. Why? I imagine they probably have many different digging tools. If it was easy I guess we would see all the skeptics of dowsing posting pictures of all their finds. Maybe they are too busy making fun of others to actually have time to do any digging or treasure hunting of their own.

I wasn't making fun of anyone. I was just asking a question.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
There always has been lots of dowser bashing.
What do the bashers want. In my experience they want me to go to a spot of their choosing and find them a treasure of which they think
I am entitled to less than half. This would be a site without proper research, with no owner's permission and no $ for me or for travel
expenses including a place to stay. Of course I would have to leave my successful business to make them some money for my time.
Some bashers just want me to teach them a foolproof way to dowse up a treasure right away or they intend to tell the world that dowsing
is a hoax or worse. Who needs it! I am having a perfectly good time on my own and with a few personal friends who have been amazed
at results I have handed them. Dowsing works for me, thanks.
Rich
PS. Think of needing proof before trying something when a doctor hands you a strange pill to swallow and says "Let's try this and see
how you feel! By the way, here are a list of side effects!"

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I would guess that they were told to stop us from helping others because we are getting to much attention...Those skeptics web sites get pretty boring when all they can talk about is how smart they are..Art
"The door to Knowledge & Understanding, is never open to a closed, or prejudiced mind”

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think all skeptics have a closed mind they just need to see prove before they belive some things.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I just can't understand why the skeptics have to get so aggressive about something they don't understand. Did they do that
in school or at work? Meanwhile the rest of us are making the breakthroughs and enjoying the treasures.
Rich

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Rich, you are again right on point. Most are do-nothing, give me everything types. Art and I have given very simple experiments to try and guess how many gave it a fair shot?? We had a great example here, Ole shallow water, never tried anything and argued the hardest. Some have serious Freudian issues and come here to scratch the itch. Others just want to know the truth. As you know from personal conversations, I don't tell the full truth here, only the part that we want to let out. Can you imagine what would go on if we did???? Shoot, Carl is willing to pay 25 grand for the secret. No telling how far others would go. A lot just want you to show your hand and who knows their intentions?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Here is a secret I can share Fenix. I entered the real esate business in 1974 and one of my first efforts to find business was
to (map) dowse the phone book for people interested in selling their homes. Of course I can't cite specific numbers, but my
broker was always amazed at how easily I seemed to get listings. (I was too!) I never told him how, he would have thought
me strange, though he loved the business I brought in. There is more than one technique to map dowsing.
Rich

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was just looking at the Anderson website and now I'm wondering why their dowsing equipment is so expensive. I'm not looking to buy anything I just saw that brand come up a lot so I checked it out.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Some people swear by the Anderson rods..I was up in Oregon and stopped by Fitzgearlds shop and tried one of his loaded rods...Sure it felt good and worked good but was not worth the price to me....Art

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
In my own experience, they will lock minerals, micro, and a lot of things before they hit gold. I have heard stories, but never seen it. Some people feel that the more they spend, the better their chances are. I would laugh, but it's not funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread