Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Is map dowsing a hoax?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    102 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Is map dowsing a hoax?

Time for a reality check on this forum. It has been overrun by some people claiming to be map dowsers. The thought has occurred to me that some people are trying to give dowsing and locating a bad name. Like the saying goes, "Ninety-nine percent of lawyers give all the others a bad name."

I'm not saying map dowsing can't possibly work, but I am saying it is so inaccurate. I know some people swear it works. One guy told me he had his dad hide a target and then he map dowsed it. Sorry but that is not even map dowsing. That is more like mental telepathy or mind reading someone emotionally close to you. Another guy has his wife hide a target then he "dowses" it. Same thing. This is false feedback. If you don't get real feedback every time, every day, there is no way anyone can claim they are a map dowser. Sam Lobo Wolfe said the odds are something like one in ten thousand that any map dowser is going to locate anything except mineral pockets.
    Where your heart is, there you will find your treasure.

O God of compassion, You alone can justify me and Your will never reject me when I, contrite, approach Your Merciful Heart, where no one has ever been refused, even if he were the greatest sinner. For Your Son assured me: Sooner would heaven and earth turn into nothingness than would My mercy fail to embrace a trusting soul.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1096 times
    don`t know ...but i would like to find one in person just think of what they can find if true.
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5968 times
    I say if they are not charging money for their service ...

Rock on

Jul 2012
    nc Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    856 times
    If it does work, and I'm not saying it doesn't, wouldn't all the buried treasures be found by now?

I have witnessed dowsing with L rods and sticks, for under ground utilities and water, and have seen it work. In the field there are magnetic fields, or other tangible forces at work, but where is the "signal" coming from on a piece of paper.

I'll be skeptical until I see it work.
    tokameel likes this.
    Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

us
    John

Sep 2012
    Grundy VA
    Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
    191 times
    I tested this theory on another forum last year,I had some photos of a property that my home currently sits on now,A so called dowser claimed there was a valuable object in one location an as time went on others claimed there was valuables there but in seperate locations in the photo,Claiming anywhere from 1-6 feet down,The thing is,My house sits on about 15 feet of fill dirt,Placed there by my brother and i. In my personal opinion,I think map dowsing is bogus. Physically dowsing for water is a different ballgame all together. I dont put much faith in map dowsing or Call me now Mrs Cleo type of stuff,But thats just one mans opinion.

HH John
    stefen likes this.
    We all know jesus rode a shovelhead,Thats why he walked everywhere he went!!!

us
    Nov 2011
    102 times
    Again, I am not saying map dowsing can't possibly work. But if you recall the govt Stargate Remote Viewing program, they had top people, some of the most gifted people in the nation and tons of feedback and they still gave up on it. Do you ever hear of any one these people out there finding stuff for people? I sure haven't. That's why i question if this whole thing here is not some kind of skeptic hoax. An attempt to discredit any dowsing or locators.
    Where your heart is, there you will find your treasure.

O God of compassion, You alone can justify me and Your will never reject me when I, contrite, approach Your Merciful Heart, where no one has ever been refused, even if he were the greatest sinner. For Your Son assured me: Sooner would heaven and earth turn into nothingness than would My mercy fail to embrace a trusting soul.

us
    Apr 2005
    76 times
    In any endeavor there are as many fakes and hoaxers, as there are legitimate people doing the same type of exercise. Especially where any money or other monatery value is concerned, it will draw the unscrupulous ones in like flies to a honey jar. It happened when the gold rushes started, when gambling was legalized and when metal detectors become avaliable to citizens. It also rears its ugly head whenever there are anything of value at stake. I have been a dowser, and yes, a map dowser for many years, and in that time I have seen many come and go claiming to be the all knowing authority on the subject. While I do not claim to be that either, I also do not charge for my services and do not claim that my dowsing is 100% correct. Ther is no 100%, no matter what you are using. A metal detector is only about 50-60%, there are just too many variables, buried or lost over the last 400 years in the ground. Good Luck. rockhound
    wvwildman likes this.

us
    Jan 2013
    Alta, California
    Whites GMT, Vsat, MXT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPxtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000
    432 times
    There's a lot of respected map dowsers on this forum and I do have a lot of respect for them. These guys are the pro's, not everyone can do it plus they will take the time do dowse your maps for you and they ask for nothing in return. They take a lot of time out of their lives to dowse your maps and answer your questions for you. If you don't like it or you want no part of it or just can't believe it then just don't come to this forum. They guys here don't need to be continually hammered by your negative posts because it's one of the reasons dowsing doesn't work for you. Negativity reflects on everyone, it brings down the good and takes away from peoples mental capabilities. It doesn't do anyone any good to continually hammer on their abilities, you're just killing everything around you with this frame of mind so go buy some flowers and get happy or just get drunk and beat your wife instead, at least she gets paid for it right.
    wvwildman, Bigdogdad and digman like this.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5968 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Maven View Post
    If it does work, and I'm not saying it doesn't, wouldn't all the buried treasures be found by now?

I have witnessed dowsing with L rods and sticks, for under ground utilities and water, and have seen it work. In the field there are magnetic fields, or other tangible forces at work, but where is the "signal" coming from on a piece of paper.

I'll be skeptical until I see it work.
    Do you know how many Treasures there are in the world ?

I don't either

but "all" of them would be a task
    coyote3 and digman like this.

us
    Jan 2013
    fayette county wv
    Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
    664 times
    Metal Detecting
    amen Reed well said

us
    Feb 2010
    Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
    15 times
    Having worked with several dowsers over the last 30 years, I have a pretty good idea if it works or not. Dowsers are affected by the same false signals that LRLs are. I have stuck a probe in a target exactly where it was supposed to be. I have also found nothing in a LOT of spots. Bottom line,,, some are on point some are not. If I was to explain why water dowsing works so well, the cat would be out of the bag. So, I'll just leave it at that.

Jul 2012
    nc Ohio
    Tesoro Lobo
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixdigger View Post
    Having worked with several dowsers over the last 30 years, I have a pretty good idea if it works or not. Dowsers are affected by the same false signals that LRLs are. I have stuck a probe in a target exactly where it was supposed to be. I have also found nothing in a LOT of spots. Bottom line,,, some are on point some are not. If I was to explain why water dowsing works so well, the cat would be out of the bag. So, I'll just leave it at that.
    Do not let that cat out. If people understood how dowsing worked, it would be Armageddon. Do not torture the masses with knowledge.I am sure we could not handle it.

Two rules in life: Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

Jun 2012
    132 times
    jeff of pa To prove a point about any dowsing everyone needs to see the dowsers----dowse a map and a treasure hunter take that location and find a treasure. To randomly dowse maps for people without any results is just that----IT DON"T WORK. What everyone wants to see is results--------THERE HAVE ZERO.

Someone post a map of a known treasures whereabouts--------a treasure hunter excavate the site-------THEN WE WILL SEE IF MAP DOWSING OR DOWSING ITSELF ACTUALLY WORKS.

How about a map of the Town of Montvale, Virginia-------the Beale Treasure is there somewhere-----DOWSE A MAP AND FIND IT?

How about a map of Phoenicia, NY --------Dutch Shultz strong box is buried there worth $9 Million Dollars today--------DOWSE A MAP AND FIND IT? YOU CAN'T AND YOU KNOW IT.

AS EVERYONE SAID JUST A HOAX AND BOGUS AS HELL!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Do you know how many Treasures there are in the world ?

I don't either

but "all" of them would be a task
    Gold Maven likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5968 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    jeff of pa To prove a point about any dowsing everyone needs to see the dowsers----dowse a map and a treasure hunter take that location and find a treasure. To randomly dowse maps for people without any results is just that----IT DON"T WORK. What everyone wants to see is results--------THERE HAVE ZERO.

Someone post a map of a known treasures whereabouts--------a treasure hunter excavate the site-------THEN WE WILL SEE IF MAP DOWSING OR DOWSING ITSELF ACTUALLY WORKS.

How about a map of the Town of Montvale, Virginia-------the Beale Treasure is there somewhere-----DOWSE A MAP AND FIND IT?

How about a map of Phoenicia, NY --------Dutch Shultz strong box is buried there worth $9 Million Dollars today--------DOWSE A MAP AND FIND IT? YOU CAN'T AND YOU KNOW IT.

AS EVERYONE SAID JUST A HOAX AND BOGUS AS HELL!!!!!!!!!
    supposed treasures . for one I don't believe the Beale Treasure exists.
    doesn't mean it doesn't , but if I'm right nothing will find a scam.
    I have no idea on the Dutch Shultz strong box, but again, what if it doesn't exist anymore,
    or never did ?

I'm open minded enough to say I may be wrong,
    and I'm also open minded enough to believe there may be something to map dowsing.

Your right it takes proof to convince everyone, but
    if the dowsers are happy with their results, why should thery care
    it's not a Business it's a technique
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

Jun 2012
    132 times
    It is a business too you just don't know what these dowsers are doing behind the post. They are excepted as professionals so posters contact them to come out and dowse for them. Then the dowsers lay a finder's fee on them whether anything is found or not. Once they get their pay in advance they find no treasure and then tell the unsuspecting client----"Well the treasure was buried here but someone else got here first and they have already recovered the treasure.

I would like for anyone that claims they can find treasure by either dowsing or map dowsing or doodle bugging or long range detection prove somethinig to treasure hunters. Have someone hid targets on say a 50 to 500 acre farm then have them map dowse or find the treasures buried. No gimmicks and no one else know the locations. The treasures will never be found no matter how shallow or how deep they are buried.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsors