oak island

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anybody here tried dowsing oak island? locals believe there is a knights templar connection there also locals in new ross, nova scotia believe there are castle ruins connected to the templars

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the time of old treasure magazines, there was an article once. I think somebody discovered a straight shaft going down. It wasn't a mine either, a few other things peculiar on the island. Haven't heard if they ever found anything.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey hall...I dowsed it years ago looking for knights templar treasure...I was looking for the Holy Grail but it was not there..Art

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope nothing so far Red. it has since been bought privately and you need permission to go on it.]they went so far down in the shaft they either hit a booby trap or a natual sea caveren and flooded it.

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art its possible to be that specific while dowsing?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I think it is....I ask for gold veins or gold coins and that is all I get...Yesterday I was working on photo’s of a certain grave site so I will have to wait and see..Yes I have dowsed a gold vein and gold coins and found them...Art

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty impressive Art. my knowledge of dowsing is rock bottom basic so far. pretty much just getting into it. all i know is my grandfather was able to do it and i believe all he ever used was an alder bush. i'm guessing you are doing different form of it?

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i'll have to try tackling the physical aspect first i guess haha. i'll have to do some research on map dowsing to gain a better understanding. seems quite interesting.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
There is a lot to learn...the earliest days of Dowsing goes back 8000 years....there is a clear record of dowsing being used in Europe to locate mining sites...and it fun to use..Art

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so much knowledge lost over the years. ancient man was a lot more advanced that most believe.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
When I watch some of the shows on the History Channel it is amazing. I see stone monuments and ruins that we are told that we could not make today...there is a place in Florida made by a modern man that I am told would be impossible to make with no modern equipment..Just where did this knowledge go...Art

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its really hard to believe that every document of just how those people did such amazing things are all gone. has to be something out there somewhere. i believe in the past global catastrophe theory.

Cochetopa

May 2, 2009
Galt's Gulch, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I watch some of the shows on the History Channel it is amazing. I see stone monuments and ruins that we are told that we could not make today...there is a place in Florida made by a modern man that I am told would be impossible to make with no modern equipment..Just where did this knowledge go...Art

Hi, Everyone,
The site that Art mentions is "Coral Castle". Here is a URL that discusses it at length, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle
A Internet search will return other hits, as well. I've seen one or two tv productions about the site, and each left me scratching my head, perplexed.

Regards,
Cochetopa/Jim

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah Cochetopa i think i watched the same episode as Art. pretty amazing that one man was able to build all of that.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hey hall...I dowsed it years ago looking for knights templar treasure...I was looking for the Holy Grail but it was not there..Art

I'm sorry, but I have to call you on this one, Art.

A: How on Earth do you map dowse for the Holy Grail when there's never been a definite conclusion to what the Holy Grail actually is? It can be a cup, but it could also be a bowl or a plate, and it might be made out of a number of different materials.

B: If you know that whatever the Holy Grail is, is not on Oak Island, have you looked for it elsewhere?

C: Even if you got an indication that the Holy Grail was on the island, would it turn into a situation where you can't recover it, you can't prove it's there, and won't attempt to dig it up yourself? Because, if so, then you really haven't accomplished anything. All you've done is look at a picture of an island.

D: If you began your search knowing full well that you would never get a chance to search the island physically without buying the whole place, then you essentially started this hunt knowing you would ultimately not find anything at all. If that's the case, then you should also say that you didn't find Jimmy Hoffa's body on the island, too.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

I've watched this program as well, Art, and I don't remember at any point where it was said that it would be impossible to build the Coral Castle without modern equipment. Even if it was said, you have to know that it's a false statement. If it was true, then how can you explain the pyramids in Egypt, the figures on Easter Island, or Stonehenge, all locations that were built far earlier than the Coral Castle, and whose builders had far less modern equipment? It is possible to build the Coral Castle without modern tools, and there was no knowledge lost or gained, you just have to look for it instead of jumping to incorrect conclusions.

OP
OP
hall

hall

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think what Art was getting at was that the man claimed to have figured out the way the ancients did it. i also think its pretty obvious that there is plenty of knowledge lost between ancient times and now. stone work, astrological, nautical, farming etc.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~ClonedSIM~
I've watched this program as well, Art, and I don't remember at any point where it was said that it would be impossible to build the Coral Castle without modern equipment. Even if it was said, you have to know that it's a false statement.
What is false in my statement.?
If it was true, then how can you explain the pyramids in Egypt, the figures on Easter Island, or Stonehenge, all locations that were built far earlier than the Coral Castle, and whose builders had far less modern equipment?
What modern equipment are you talking about? I see flat rock surfaces polished with a variances of less than 0.015 of an inch...On Easter Island I see no trees and statures that were set upright when you could not get enough people on the island to pull them upright
It is possible to build the Coral Castle without modern tools, and there was no knowledge lost or gained, you just have to look for it instead of jumping to incorrect conclusions.
That’s not what the “experts said....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~ClonedSIM~
I'm sorry, but I have to call you on this one, Art.

A: How on Earth do you map dowse for the Holy Grail when there's never been a definite conclusion to what the Holy Grail actually is? It can be a cup, but it could also be a bowl or a plate, and it might be made out of a number of different materials.
I also ask the questions about the ark of the covenant which one legend says that the knights templar took when they departed from Jerusalem..You know the story of the Holy Grail so do most people.

B: If you know that whatever the Holy Grail is, is not on Oak Island, have you looked for it elsewhere?
Yes I have
C: Even if you got an indication that the Holy Grail was on the island, would it turn into a situation where you can't recover it, you can't prove it's there, and won't attempt to dig it up yourself? Because, if so, then you really haven't accomplished anything. All you've done is look at a picture of an island.
That may be true

D: If you began your search knowing full well that you would never get a chance to search the island physically without buying the whole place, then you essentially started this hunt knowing you would ultimately not find anything at all. If that's the case, then you should also say that you didn't find Jimmy Hoffa's body on the island, too.
I have no interest in finding Jimmy Hoffa....Yes I spend a few days tracing the movements of the knights templar in America and enjoyed the whole thing..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread