Possible Platinum

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys have done many dowses for me and I am very appreciative. I have another one I would like done. This one is based on an account from a book saying a guy got platinum from this location. I am looking for more verification and some specific "X"s. I have a couple of projects where I feel I am close to finding something. This is one of them. But like I said, I feel I need some more verification. I zoomed in on my target as close as reasonably possible.

I'm doing this for fun and a challenge but I could also use some profit. So I am in it for the money. I will share but I or we need to find it first. I believe and I am not ready to give up.

One more clue. Please dowse for faults or fissures if possible.
Thank You.

Possible Platinum.PNG

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey bookcliff....I found exposed platinum in the yellow...I also found platinum float in the red...Art
Possible%20Platinum.PNG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mark my hit because it follows really close Art's yellow box spot with the red.

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What can I say? This is great news! This is on BLM land so a mining claim may be on order. If anyone wants to pm or email me I'm listening.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Platinum...A very rare mineral..I am getting pounds not oz...Survey the area and see if you need to file a claim..You have to watch the people who handle your claim papers as some of them can not be trusted...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to pour cold water on this, just a reality check. Platinum is one of the rarest elements on earth. There is platinum in Montana but it is not free milling, it is locked in. Other places in Arizona but these are not profitable. Another thing you should know is map dowsing in maybe one in ten thousand of anything other than a mineral pocket. So don't hold your breath, don't bet the farm.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~signal line~
I'm not trying to pour cold water on this, just a reality check. Platinum is one of the rarest elements on earth. There is platinum in Montana but it is not free milling, it is locked in. Other places in Arizona but these are not profitable. Another thing you should know is map dowsing in maybe one in ten thousand of anything other than a mineral pocket. So don't hold your breath, don't bet the farm.
Over in California you will find platinum in most of the streams and rivers...It will settle in most places where you are Dredging good gold..When the platinum is exposed to the elements it will decay and move downhill the same as gold...So..you have talked to ten thousand people who have experience following dowsed maps?...Art

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My least concern is the map dowsing.
Filing a claim is a concern. There is potential for all kinds of trouble in mining. A lot of shysters. Being covert may be a good option. Another concern is being able to sell it. I've heard platinum mining is discouraged is the U. S. Also, the final refining is done in Europe. No one said it was easy. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
In my younger years I looked for gold to make money...Now...It is the enjoyment I get from knowing I can still find it....Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey bookcliff...I have not filed a claim in years..the best thing to do is go there and collect a few samples...Look around the area and see if there are any claim marker. Then get a forest service map and find the location. Then go to the BLM and check the land status...They use to have a book with all the information about filing claims..Get the paper work and markers ready and put them up..Go to the county seat and file the claim..
Now you can start working as you are protected...You have 30 days to file with BLM...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My least concern is the map dowsing.
Filing a claim is a concern. There is potential for all kinds of trouble in mining. A lot of shysters. Being covert may be a good option. Another concern is being able to sell it. I've heard platinum mining is discouraged is the U. S. Also, the final refining is done in Europe. No one said it was easy. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

Well, I hope it works for you. I've heard there are a handful of real map dowsers in the country. The people on this forum can't even seem to dowse a planted target after they were told what it was on a photo that wasn't more than twenty feet wide. My biggest criticism is they get no feedback. They really need to get real feedback every single day, not once a year. On the plus side, one in ten thousand is still well above random chance. And you can be optimistic and hope you do better than the odds.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I had a big medical problem in 2010....I could no longer pinpoint small targets...It took me months of hard work to overcome this problem.....Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I hope it works for you. I've heard there are a handful of real map dowsers in the country. The people on this forum can't even seem to dowse a planted target after they were told what it was on a photo that wasn't more than twenty feet wide. My biggest criticism is they get no feedback. They really need to get real feedback every single day, not once a year. On the plus side, one in ten thousand is still well above random chance. And you can be optimistic and hope you do better than the odds.

If I don't like the title of a thread, never look at it....sometimes don't have the time. I didn't read any thread with this "a planted target after they were told what it was on a photo that wasn't more than twenty feet wide" in the dowsing board.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides I've already learned my lesson on NOT getting involved with dowsing tests on the forum. Planting silver coins on a farm large enough to use a GE map, the hit will cover at least 20-25 feet. All it can prove is that I now have the coins. I got my 2 & 8 Reales without having to dive for them.

Attachments

• spanishcoins_front.jpg
    spanishcoins_front.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 94
  • spanishcoins_back.jpg
    spanishcoins_back.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 98

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Random chance "strikes again" so let it be!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bookcliff,Dowsing revealed an attraction to platinum in the areas of the white circles.Thanks for posting your picture,Jon

Attachments

• PossiblePlatinumdowsed.png
    PossiblePlatinumdowsed.png
    410 KB · Views: 117
OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign